[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello guys just wondering what Internet services yall have and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image_10.jpg (50KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
image_10.jpg
50KB, 408x439px
Hello guys just wondering what Internet services yall have and if there's anyway around the router fee that they all seem to have now.
>>
>>57964202
Buy your own equipment.
>>
>>57964202
Tell them you have your own router?
>>
>>57964202
I have tried on att uverse in Texas Dallas area and they said they have to put a leasing fee. Anyone experienced this?
>>
>>57964229
Uverse requires use of their 2wire router. Sorry. Next time go for cable or fiber. They generally offer better speeds.
>>
My basic choices are att,twc and earthlink I have currently 18mbps at 57 dollars and have avoided the lease fee by using a modem from 2009 when I first got it.
>>
>>57964264
Thanks for all the quick responses. I'm very grateful. Has anyone tried earthlink?
>>
>>57964264
OR for the question what Internet do yall us based people have?
>>
Yup AT&T gigapower in Kansas City also requires me to have their router. It was a bitch to configure alongside mine. However, i was able to get them to drop the fee by upgrading to include HBO.
>>
>>57964633
Like nearly everywhere in the united states, Comcast.

Very few locations have any valid choices. you either get the incumbent cable operator if you want 100mbit or better or you pay the same amount for shitty DSL that can barely do 5mbit and they don't even promise any bandwidth rate.
>>
>>57964268
>18mbps at 57 dollars
You almost get 1000/1000 for that where I live...
>>
>>57965710
that is impressive, do you live in a city?
>>
>>57965741
Yes, city in Sweden. Don't have it though, just a 100/10.
>>
File: merchant-876x1024.png (384KB, 876x1024px) Image search: [Google]
merchant-876x1024.png
384KB, 876x1024px
Used to have a $30/month boost mobile plan (throttles after 2GB) and $60/month cumcast (capped at 250GB and max speed is 6mbps).

Anyway after months of battling with cumcast to give me a stable and fast internet connection I dropped them out of spite.

Then I got a $60 plan with my wireless carrier that included unlimited high speed lte mobile data + 8GB of mobile hotspot.

And you know what? It's pretty okay and I save $30 a month. lte stays between 4-10 mbps even during the day and ping between 40 and 60ms. I watch netflix/youtube on my Galaxy S5 and play vydia/browse a few sites on my PC through my mobile hotspot (use ~300MB a day).
>>
>>57965547
Just spent the morning calling around and it's either att 18 mbps at 57 or twc 50mbps for 64. Twc sounds way better but I'm positive there has to be a catch
>>
>>57964202
>they force their router onto you which they are in complete control of, meaning that they basically own your home LAN, get to configure and monitor anything, while you're mostly locked out of that
>to add insult to injury, you have to pay a "router fee" for this

hardline cuck
>>
File: 1473371495293.jpg (151KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1473371495293.jpg
151KB, 500x360px
>>57966862
I know........
>>
>>57965710
If your ISP has no significant competition, they'll offer pathetic speeds for high buck, just because they can.
>>
>>57966263
Really? What carrier?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.