[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Why has this shit taken off? It's literally awful,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: Shit.png (207KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shit.png
207KB, 1280x720px
>Why has this shit taken off?

It's literally awful, it rarely works, and when it does it's sub-HD, low bit rate and constantly buffering.

Aren't there superior alternatives other than torrents to watch free movies and live TV?
>>
>>57963868
>Aren't there superior alternatives other than torrents to watch free movies and live TV?
You could try paying for content?
>>
I use it all the time, I have 3tb of shit downloaded and haven't watched cable tv in over 3 years. Just recently discovered the addon PseudoTv live and used that to setup a bunch of TV channels its pretty sweet.
>>
>>57963954

>Not wanting to enjoy live tv from other countries

This is the thing that baffles me the most about TV providers. It's gotten better in recent years, but there's still a huge delay in content sharing between countries despite huge demand.

The only option is to wait for networks to pick up the rights to broadcast or for it to be put on netflix.
>>
>>57963868
Is the Beelink GT1 good for kodi?
>>
>>57963868
UK here, im sat at work waiting for my firestick to arrive. What should I put on it apart from Kodi?
>>
I fucking love Kodi. I don't use torrent streaming addons, though. I tried Exodus and it was shit. I just pull the downloaded shit off of my server. Plus I finally figured out how to set up live TV so that's neat. By the way, does anyone know if the Vero 2 is any good?
>>
>>57964104
TVPlayer is great if you want live TV.

I don't know why anyone would get a Firestick, they're dog slow and the hardware is poor quality. No decent YouTube app either.
>>
>>57963868
Running it on an NVidia Shield for content off my NAS - works a treat, handles H265 no lag/tearing
>>
It's great in my opinion, but you may be better with Plex. Oh wait! There's already a Kodi add on for that.
>>
>>57963868
I'm fairly happy with it running on a raspberry pi 2. you can tweak the buffer settings
>>
i have it set up and i love it
>>
>>57963868
Kodi is a media center, what does the quality of the files you feed it have to do with the application itself?
>>
>>57963868
I'm with you, op. Maybe it was partly the fault of raspberry hardware being shut or maybe some of the blame lies with openelec, but it was a completely inferior viewing experience. Video lagged behind audio (tested with my PC and it was fine, so monitor wasn't the issue), the player would be kill for no reason sometimes, and all the add-ons were shit anyway. Don't see the point in using it when moving is a better player and just being a little organized with your file system makes browsing your library easier.
>>
>>57963868
I agreeo kodi sucks balls and is unintuitive as fuck
Something else needs to be created from scratch
>>
>>57965866
*mpv
>>
>>57965880
like fucking what?
>>
>>57963868
been using kodi via firestick for ages now,changed builds a couple of times (more for aesthetics than anything else) have no problems with it,mainly for sports in HD..thinking of going mini pc route just to run kodi on but its just a thought for now..currently using dimitrology build works great.
>>
because chinks decided they can make a quick buck putting this on android boxes.

People love the idea of free tv, but you know if no one is paying for it then they will stop making these shows or the ads will become part of the show itself.
>>
>>57963868
>>57963972
>>57964606
>>57965849
>>57965880
Kodi is a fucking media center not a client app for some subhuman streaming site (which addons arent even official so now wonder they suck)

its like saying why did this pc thing taken off, windows is barely working crap

tl;dr
If you stream shit quality it stays shit
>>
>>57965880
or just change the UI so it isnt unintuitive
>>
File: kodi.webm (3MB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
kodi.webm
3MB, 600x336px
>>5796386

>It's literally awful, it rarely works

maybe you should figure it out before using it for 3 minutes and rage-quiting because it doesn't "just werk"
>>
>>57963868

Its free and simple.
>>
>>57965880

Hahaha, I guess its just complicated enough to keep it away form the retard mainstream. Good to hear. It will keep kodi alive.

By the way, My 75 year old grandmother has a Kodi Raspi2 I made her and has no trouble using it every single day. lol
>>
>>57963868
What the fuck are you talking about nigger? Kodi is not a streaming service.
>>
What is everyone referring to when they say live TV here? Some internet stream?

Cuz I get my live TV by antenna through my TV tuner, and the only program that works at all is WMC and they discontinued it.
>>
>>57967743
why would 40+ year-olds still waste time on 4chan?
>>
>>57967810
What you talkin about? I'm in my 20s and have my own place and like to watch news and football live and don't want to pay for cable. An antenna is legit, you should try it.
>>
I've heard of this problem before. Pack it up and return it. Tell them you are too fucking stupid to use this product and would like your money back.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.