[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have disabled the windows update service as soon as I had finished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1455084030080.png (217KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1455084030080.png
217KB, 750x750px
I have disabled the windows update service as soon as I had finished installing windows 10 in november last year.

Give me a single reason why I should turn it on now.

>inb4 le security meme
>implying if I ever come in contact with some kind of virtual threat, which I won't, that some shitty windows update made by pajeet will save me from it
>>
Do the world a favor and summon your Persona
>>
>>57953489
>being a persona 3 baby

Oldschool persona or burst.
>>
don't turn it on. Anything past the anniversary update is the point of no return
>>
>>57953659

How so?
>>
>>57953312
why have you disabled windows update? You are still being spied on.
>>
>>57953705
Microsoft blocks you from turning off a ton telemetry and other shit that you might not want, and disabled you from doing it in group policy. Any version before the anniversary update can be locked down to the point where microsoft can't get in by changing some settings and using 3rd party tools
>>
>>57953705
Also after the anniversary update there is no way to stop updates
>>
>get new cheap notebook in spring with win 7 and free "upgrade" to 10
>laptop slowly dies until firmware is corrupted by windows beyond the point of repair

>get new laptop yesterday with windows 10
>crashes on first boot before I've even made a user account
>stuck in an never ending cycle of trying to download language pack and returning error codes that don't exist on Microsoft website or anywhere else on the internet
>reset function turns over for an hour then exits telling me something caused it to fail without further messages
>Now have to try and return the laptop

Why would anyone get windows ten in the first place? It's has broken 100% of the time on me within two weeks. Mircoshills should concentrate on making a stable OS before trying to steal all my data.
>>
>>57954568
ever since the new CEO its been going downhill. Balmer was a good CEO except for the investors.
>>
>>57954568
Have you tried not being mentally retarded?
>>
>>57954568
>assemble gaymen computer and install windows 8 with free upgrade to windows 10
>never see windows 8 UI
>literally nothing has happened
>get fewer crashes and weird shit because it has no bloatware unlike my old windows 7 laptop
>wonder what the fuck you "nerds" are doing wrong with your computers to fuck it up somehow

seriously what is wrong with you people?
>>
I still have Win7 installed on most of my machines for gaymin. My main rig I have Manjaro + passthrough on my DC Intel. No updates needed on Win7 so turned that shit off.
>>
>>57954612
>>57954665
I did the same thing to my notebook you retard. Enjoy your tablet OS.

I did literally nothing to these computers beyond turning them on. I'm in the process of returning the current computer that I first turned on this morning.

It would make sense if I acted like a retard but considering I haven't used the computer in ant capacity, what would you have me do?

Windows 10 shouldn't be called an operating system.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.