[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this aint a Python board but I figured you guys should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Pictures_4eae54_5845530.jpg (49KB, 900x703px) Image search: [Google]
Pictures_4eae54_5845530.jpg
49KB, 900x703px
I know this aint a Python board but I figured you guys should be able to solve this as well.

I am trying to build a code that downloads all PDF files from a given website for me. Searching off google, I found this:

(it's a pastebin url) /ABxnkqA7

It seemed to work for a lot of people, but the only thing I am getting are errors.

Can anyone help with this? I am kinda new to programming..
>>
Just use wget, curl and a bit of regexp.
>>
>>57947081
Thanks a lot, will try.

But it would still be nice to know what's wrong with the code tho.
>>
>>57946887
>but the only thing I am getting are errors.

The errors you have shown are non-existing. Just try again. The errors are seemingly not real, I have not seen any.
>>
>>57947134
I tried serveral times with different URLS and different directories. Every single time it tells me that basename () only takes 1 argument (2 given).
>>
>>57947167
well... Put the whole pastebin link here and I will look at it. "(it's a pastebin url) /ABxnkqA7" is not a real functioning adress
>>
>>57947167
Show the proper error you idiot, what line, what are you trying to run?
>>
>>57947188
I can't cause 4chan won't let me post it. If you put the "/ABxnkqA7" part after the basic pastebin Url, it should work.

>>57947200
The whole script is in the pastebin url. My error is basically this:

[*] Downloading: fulltext.pdf
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ALL_PDF_2.py", line 35, in <module>
f = open(download_path + "\\" + os.path.basename(tag['href'], "wb"))
TypeError: basename() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

I executed the script with: python ALL_PDF_2.py and put the URL and the directory in through the raw input contained in the script.
>>
>python
lmfao
>>
>>57947188
http://pastebin.com/ABxnkqA7
>>
>I can't cause 4chan won't let me post it.
Is this something new? Have seen tons of pastebins here.

>>57947272
Looks like you have the wrong version of Python. Are you using python 3? Because this is Python 2 code. (Easiest way to see this is by looking in the print statements, they do not have parantheses)

the os.path.basename() might take 2 arguments in python 2. In any case you have the wrong version.

Install python 2 and if you have both python 3 and python 2 installed then run python 2 with

$py -2 -m ALL_PDF_2.py

(I don't think -m is strictly necessary because it does not have any relative imports, but often good practice)
>>
>>57947378
I am using only python 2,7 so this can't really be the problem. Maybe the script is from an older version of python 2? Could that be it? If so, how would I get an older version of python without fucking up the most recent one?

And somehow it only wouldn't let me post the pastebin link in the thread itself, a post containing the url seems fine.
>>
install gentoo

>>57946887
>Can anyone help with this? I am kinda new to programming..
no youre not

if you cant read line 35
> f = open(download_path + "\\" + os.path.basename(tag['href'], "wb"))

and the doc page for python 2 on open() and os.path()
and realize its a paranthesis that is out of place..

whats that "wb" hummm?
you should have just asked this to whoever gave you the link, so they could fix the code
>>
>>57947523
So why the hell did it work for other people?
>>
>>57947523
>gentoo

I am using windows 8 btw.
>>
>>57947523
>>57947378
Anyways, thanks a lot guys I fixed it now.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.