[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Hammer and Chisel > The creators of Discord > Web

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: ERL7iR8[1].png (133KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
ERL7iR8[1].png
133KB, 500x730px
> Hammer and Chisel
> The creators of Discord
> Web client on a mobile browser doesn't have responsive design
> Three designers
> 2016
>>
It's a shitty web app, who cares? It's for faggoty gaymer manchildren.

Sure, it's much better than Skype and all, but it's just a service. That's what they're selling to you. And you're the product, by the way. For you morons that believe their oh we'll sell stickers to you later on shit... That's not how it works.
>>
also
>electron
can't wait for a half decent IRC gateway, one where I don't need an account, just the token

fuck web applications
>>
Discord is cancer.

Use IRC.
>>
>>57944904
>Anime profiles everywhere
>Reddit
>Facebook
>Mobile
End yourself right now
>>
>>57945907
You forgot
>Vivaldi
>>
>>57945856
I forgot IRC had voice chat
>>
>>57945856
irc for text chattenings
mumble for screaming audible profanities like the manchild gaymer is
>>
Oh look, /g/ bashing on a good product because of a web page not scaling on a desktop browser where the common man would never have his web browser at 500x730...

What have you been doing the past 3 years? Making a logo for a /g/ version of Discord?

I thought /g/ was better than this? Now it's just RMS Cock suckers trying to make everything that is decent in the world look like shit.

Keep doing what you are doing kiddos...
>>
>>57946479
>good product
...sure

The /g/ version of discord wouldn't have voice chat because I'm sure you niggers pretend to be girls online.
No point reinventing the wheel
https://github.com/thelounge/lounge
>>
>>57946253
It doesn't. Why would you need voice chat? When using voice only one person can speak at a time, when using IRC everyone can type at the same time. Plus you can scroll up and you have time stamps so you know who said what and when.
>>
>>57947008
Its almost as if IRC and discord aren't really comparable since one is just used for chatting and the other is used for voice chat during games.
Really makes you think...
>>
>>57947008
typing and talking are two very different forms of communication.
while irc or any IM platform is good for 50 people, someone voice cannot achieve without insanity

A very small crew on a single voice line can boast clarity, emotion and performance over a text based system
>>
ur a faget for not using the native applications. and if ur not on ios/android, then lol
>>
>>57947064
Append;
You have more control over your connection by not using discord or other services that host a platform for you

the members of /g/ should have no trouble setting up an IM or VOIP server to create a secure channel of communication in 2016.

Relying on other services means coping with their terms and conditions and downtimes.
>>
>>57947083
>native application

kek
downloaded application isn't native
it's still a fucking webpage in a fucking chromium window (electron)
arguing otherwise is stupid

You can only say it being native when you are running say something like Chrome OS, since it uses the same base as the chromium browser. Someone once told me that Chrome is like a VM, it's sandboxed etc.

this means it's not really native to your running operating system, instead it's very high level

Teamspeak is pretty low level, I have some keybinds set with a program called luamacros (written in perl), and it's beneath that, so they end up not working (detect the original key)

it's fascinating
>>
>>57945856
this

but because of some normies ive been tempted to make a style-sheet+gm-script for it though. meh
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.