[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I use Linux, primarily and have done since the year 2004. In

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

I use Linux, primarily and have done since the year 2004. In that time I have used pretty much every flavour of linux possible. My computers are very much up-to-date and am running the latest hardware and software. I am switching to windows 10 though. The reason is simple. To get windows 10 from the end of the POST to the login screen is 6 seconds. If I reboot the computer 7 times a day that is 42 seconds * 365 =about 4 hours a year I am waiting for windows to boot up to a point where it is usable
Compare that to the 90 seconds for even the fastest of linux distros 63 hours per year waiting for linux to boot up.
>>
File: Untitled.png (51KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
51KB, 640x640px
>>57933694
Then there's the half hour of 100% disk i/o before windows is usable.
>>
Linux boots fast though, you're dumb.
>>
>>57933694
>If I reboot the computer 7 times a day
why are you doing that?
>>
>>57933694
This is even faster than Windows you dummy. Solus on an SSD.

λ kevin [~] → systemd-analyze
Startup finished in 1.063s (kernel) + 1.572s (initrd) + 566ms (userspace) = 3.202s
>>
>>57934487
>implying ten seconds matter when booting your computer

Anything under 15-20s is decent.
>>
>>57934707
But anything under 5 is amazing.
>>
>>57933818
It's a /v/inbaby that has no idea what linux is. OP thinks he needs to reboot just like windows everytime he installs something.
>>
>>57934487
>kevin
>>
>>57933694
install systemd
>>
>>57934736
Hi
>>
>>57933694

Don't worry, you'll spend that extra time you achieved waiting for Windows updates.
>>
>>57933694
Specs? Win10 takes multiple minutes to boot on my machine, any Linux <= 40
>>
>>57933694
>Use Linux since 2004
>Suddenly wants to use Windows 10 to have a fast bootup
Nobody believes you, Dmitry.
>>
>>57933737
/thread
>>
File: 4to1-current-balun.jpg (151KB, 800x699px) Image search: [Google]
4to1-current-balun.jpg
151KB, 800x699px
>>57933694
i love linux long time, done lots of distros in the past, i avoid the distros with long winded tedius installs like gentoo, funtoo, crux, etc... and i avoid the distros that want to hold your hand and auto-configure everything for you like ubuntu, mint, peppermint etc...

i tend to stick to old school distros and their derivitives that are someone streamlined, like antiX is a non-systemd fork of Debian, and Salix is a non-kde streamlined fork of Slackware, both are good distros

i want to use Linux, i dont want somebody's idea of what linux should be to use me

switching to windows 10 is just putting yourself in microsoft's pocket as part of their botnet borg tool, i am sticking with Linux 100%
>>
>>57933694
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTRA1PRJWH8

>>57934882
This.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.