[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>install mpv >it doesn't even have window borders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

>install mpv
>it doesn't even have window borders

fucking VLC can do this
what's wrong with you minimalistfags?
>>
>>57930516
>minimalistfags
You mean cancerous basement-dwelling faggots.
>>
>>57930516
Why do you need borders ? It's free software.
>>
What do you want borders for?
>>
>>57930599
Resizing
>>
>>57930537
>>
>>57930622
On most WM, you can resize and move thanks to some modkey + click. Yes, it needs both hands so you might stop wanking.
>>
>>57930575
kek
>>57930622
What are you on? I know i3 for example can resize with the keyboard.
Why not just fullscreen it?
>>
>>57930622
you can resize it with the mouse even though it doesn't have borders e-diot
>>
>>57930658
Fedora 25 default GNOME

>>57930669
nope
>>
The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>57930726
yes you can retard

t. mpv user
>>
>>57930726
Yes, you can. At least on Win7.
>>
>>57930726
I use it on fedora 24 with GNOME and it has borders.

Unless someone packaged the f25 version (assuming rpmfusion) with no borders it must be a config on your end.
>>
New desktop thread?

mpv does have borders you seem to be using a WM manager.

Also install bakaplayer or SM player if you want them or add yourself
>>
OP either trolling or doesn't realize alt+hold right click resizes. Or even windows key
>>
>>57930963
everything is default, yes rpmfusion
>>
>>57930516
Turn border=yes on in the config.

Now since the /mpv/ thread isn't up, where do I put shader files on GNU/Linux? In ~/home/.config/mpv?
>>
>>57931024
it depends on the WM
>>
>>57930516
Could you share your wallpaper?
>>
>>57930516
Are you a retard? Change the config if you are to much of a retard to be able to distinct moving images from one another,and moving vs stable images
>>
>>57930516
Don't use mpv, VLC and everything related with Linux or OpenGL.

Please keep using Windows, it's really easy to activate freely and with madVR you can use the full power of your GPU. If your are lazy, just use the LAV Filters Megamix installer with preconfigured presets.
>>
>>57930655
Not if your modifier is a mouse button
>>
The window manager handles if something has a border or not... god damn
>>
File: 2016-12-10 11-27-02.webm (1MB, 994x600px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-10 11-27-02.webm
1MB, 994x600px
Why is /g/ so tech illiterate?
>>
>>57930516
>window borders
>a good thing
I don't even use mpv and I know this is the shittiest argument
>>
>>57930726
It's Wayland problem, not mpv. Use opengl-hq, I think it will default to Xwayland.
>>
>>57933192
bingo
>>
>>57931024
Im on win10 and I can resize without holding any key. Just mouseover near the edge and drag

Most likely OP is another retard.
>>
File: Godafoss_Iceland.jpg (2MB, 2600x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Godafoss_Iceland.jpg
2MB, 2600x1631px
>>57931676
>>
>>57933381
Thank you anon!
>>
>>57931639
yes

>>57932150
Opengl > your directx 9 based shit
>>
>>57934204
>Opengl > your directx 9 based shit
Only for freetards, directx performance is still much better.
And it will be for a very long time since vulkan is incredible verbose and messy compared to opengl.

Opengl is also known to be a dumb shit for video playback, look at all the mpv and kodi hacks just to get decent timings or reduce tearing.
>>
>>57933192
XWayland!!! What the fuck is this monstrosity!
>>
>>57930622
The OS X/macOS window manager lets you resize from all edges, yet its windows are borderless

visible borders are pointless dead space, especially windows-style fatass borders
>>
>>57934488
>directx performance is still much better.
Educate yourself first, then post. Opengl performance is better than dx9 unless your gpu drivers have shit opengl support.

>to get decent timings or reduce tearing.
never had any problems, again bllame your gpu drivers or window manager.
>>
>>57930516
Drawing borders is the job of your window manager

No need to post on 4chan because your issue got laughed off github, Minexew
>>
>>57930963
>Unless someone packaged the f25 version (assuming rpmfusion) with no borders it must be a config on your end.
The difference is that fedora 25 switched to using wayland by default instead of X, which doesn't support window borders.

This is not an mpv bug, it's a wayland bug.
>>
>>57934488
>>57934565
can confirm, opengl performs better on my win10 pc which is why I use mpv on it.
>>
>>57934565
This is what the dummy mesa devs said to me about mpv...

>>57934626
If you use the default mpv setting, it uses ANGLE, so this is not opengl:
https://github.com/google/angle#platform-support-via-backing-renderers
>>
>>57930516

MPV would be perfect if they had the OSC under the damn videos like MPC-HC and that it had a volume slider.
>>
>>57934737
Just use one of its shitty frontends: gnome-mpv, mpc-qt, smplayer, ...
>>
>>57934681
I dont use the default settings...
>>
>>57934604
but all other applications work just fine. is this an incompatibility between wayland and mpv?
>>
>>57934800
Did you compile mpv by yourself? It shoud be compiled with --enable-wayland
https://wayland.freedesktop.org/extras.html
>>
>>57930516
Sempai are you baka or what? Just pick any client-side decorations, that's all what linux about.
https://github.com/gnome-mpv/gnome-mpv
>>
>>57930516
do you still hear them borders scream Clarice?
>>
>>57934681
mesa is unoptimized shit
mpv works almost perfect with nvidia drivers, I think only problematic option is video-sync=display-resample, other than that it works perfect.
>>
>>57934850
OP here, I just installed it off rpmfusion
Actually thought it was fucked up on purpose at first

I guess i'll try out >>57934855 if I end up keeping fedora
>>
>>57934950
Also package gnome-mpv existst in the deafult repo surprisingly.
>>
>>57934800
>but all other applications work just fine. is this an incompatibility between wayland and mpv?
I guess you could call it that?

The problem is that in the past, drawing borders was the responsibility of the window manager. That way things were consistent.

The wayland people decided they didn't like the status quo and made it so that every program has to draw its own borders instead. Stuff like GTK and Qt apps end up getting this for free because the required code was just added to GTK and Qt, respectively.

Since mpv does not use any windowing toolkit but just opens a raw OpenGL window, it can't draw its own window borders. It works on every single platform (X11, OS X, Windows, etc.) except Wayland, simply because the Wayland devs decided their protocol needs to be “special”.

At the end of the day, the problem is that the GNOME devs decided to make a retarded change to the status quo of how window borders are drawn, while completely neglecting to consider the use cases (or heck, existence) of programs like mpv.

Meanwhile every other OS and window manager does it fine. Even the KDE people can draw window borders for wayland applications that don't provide them on their own, it's just GNOME being a stupid special snowflake here.
>>
>>57934974
>The wayland people decided they didn't like the status quo and made it so that every program has to draw its own borders instead. Stuff like GTK and Qt apps end up getting this for free because the required code was just added to GTK and Qt, respectively.
And yes, this means that in the future, your window borders are going to be very inconsistent because of random applications deciding to do things differently. Forget about stuff like changing the button order or adding your own buttons to do stuff like pinning to top. Forget about stuff like Xfwm's ability to “roll up” windows into the title bar. Expect even more inconsistency between GTK and Qt, and expect every application that uses something else altogether (e.g. something like a game) to behave completely differently and probably also not even have a window border.

And if you make a change to your GTK settings, you better make sure your Qt settings also match, otherwise your window decorations will look and behave inconsistently as well.

It's a real bright future in Red Hat / GNOME's toy land.
>>
>>57935069
Oh, and if you use a tiling window manager, have fun because every program will end up drawing a window border around its window anyway.
>>
>>57935078
I use i3 or Openbox, they use X. I don't care about Wayland and Arch toddlers.
>>
>>57934586
these threads are usually made by pro-proprietary shills who likely never contributed to a github project

do you ever notice how EVERY TIME a significant issue pops up in a high-profile FOSS project, within hours there is a /g/ thread with the usual "freetards btfo" rhetoric

tl;dr it's microsoft propaganda
>>
>>57935279
Freetard with brain malfunctions detected.
>>
>>57935339
oh? but you didn't prove me wrong
faggot
>>
>>57935140
Yes, I use xmonad too and I have no intention of moving to wayland.

But some time in the future, we're going to have to bite the bullet, anon. Can't stop upgrading forever. Hopefully by that time, wayland will have matured, CSDs will stop being a thing, and the window manager model will have been reintroduced.
>>
>>57935279
You might wanna loosen that tinfoil hat a bit, it's cutting blood flow off your brain.
>>
>>57930516
What movie is that?
>>
>>57937177
silence of the lambs
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.