[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 47

File: cargo.png (256KB, 715x715px) Image search: [Google]
cargo.png
256KB, 715x715px
Old Thread: >>57917445

Post your simple/small/stupid questions here
take at least 10 seconds to google first
>>
cargo pants are autosim/hobo tier and unbelievably out of style

like thinkpads
>>
>>57928165
>subjective opinion
Do you have any rational arguments, like durability, practicality, build quality or value?
>>
>>57928197
>subjective opinion

most people would agree with me

unless they have autosim

like you
>>
>comfort
>>
what sort of IDE is best for javascript? are there any that has web browsers integrated into it?
>>
>>57928290
probably webstorm, i don't know if it has its own web browser though

https://www.jetbrains.com/webstorm/
>>
>>57928197
Sure, I'll play along.

-Cargo pants are bulky and their pockets tend to snag on things while working in confined spaces. (Like a server room, for example.)

-Most cargo pants become uncomfortable or unwieldy when objects are actually carried in their pockets.

-The cargo pockets are placed at a level where you're likely to bump them into things, meaning it's risky to carry any kind of fragile tech or other sensitive items in them.

-Good cargo pants are expensive, because they require more fabric, sewing, and design work than other types of pants. Cheap cargos are generally poorly designed (like the aforementioned bad pockets) and are made of inferior materials and stitching that fail after a few months, while a similarly priced pair of jeans will last years.

-Wearing unfashionable or inappropriate clothes can be detrimental to one's career. A hip tech firm is going to treat a guy with nice jeans and button up shirts better than a dude in shitty cargos and a t-shirt, while a more traditional corporation will favor slacks and a polo or dress shirt. If you're a student, dressing somewhat fashionably will improve your networking opportunities and help you get hired after graduation.
>>
File: colorspace comparison.png (576KB, 1097x878px) Image search: [Google]
colorspace comparison.png
576KB, 1097x878px
I'm trying to understand the concept of "color space". It's my current understanding that a lot of consumer-grade monitors use sRGB color space.

Is there a way to check what color space is currently being used by my monitor? It isn't listed anywhere on my monitor's specs page on the manufacturer website (https://www.asus.com/Monitors/VN248H/specifications/)

I see there's an sRGB display preset in the monitor's settings, but if there's a setting for sRGB, would that imply that there are other color spaces my monitor could use?
>>
>>57928556
Addendum:

If I download a picture file that is encoded with AdobeRGB color space (much more color space than my allegedly sRGB monitor), would that mean the picture I'm looking at is "compressed" somehow? Meaning I'm not looking at the same shades/hues that are visible when the file is viewed on a monitor that supports AdobeRGB color space?
>>
>>57928165
If you're office tier, yes
if you're doing tech with your hands, no

>>57928142
When I get virtual server space from DigitalOcean or similar and I don't do anything except putting up an OS I can get attacked, anyways, since the server is reachable, or can't I. I just want to fiddle around, only experimenting with webdevelopment, but I don't have time right now, doing anything of quality. However, I want to start with the "real deal", but I don't want to get pounded hard in the beginning.
>>
>>57928634
>When I get virtual server space from DigitalOcean or similar and I don't do anything except putting up an OS I can get attacked, anyways, since the server is reachable, or can't I. I just want to fiddle around, only experimenting with webdevelopment, but I don't have time right now, doing anything of quality.
this mess doesn't make sense, please translate
>>
I need a good free (as in freedom) serif font that is good for on and off screen reading. What should I be looking for?
>>
>>57928648
https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-serif-pro
>>
>>57928556
Most monitors are sRGB if they don't say otherwise. The preset probably just tries to tune the monitor's colors to match it as well as it can; the default presets in cheap monitors are often way off to make the image look brighter and more attractive to retards (who might not care that it's cutting off very dark / bright shades or almost saturated colors).

>>57928571
Depends on your application and the system's color management settings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_management#Color_transformation
>>
>>57928556
/p/ here-

Color spaces are kind of hard to explain and I'm not really an expert, but basically your monitor is always in "sRGB mode." All that preset does is change the settings to make sRGB images display as accurately as possible.

The best way I can explain it is that color management is a software thing, but color managed software looks at your hardware and displays things in the color space that matches it. sRGB is by far the most common color space and is really all 99.9% of people need. Wider gamuts like AdobeRGB only display in the proper programs (Photoshop, Indesign, etc in ARGB's case), with the proper file, on the proper monitor, and are really only relevant if you're producing files for high-end photo printing or print publishing. If you're working on images for web use, you're better off with sRGB because that's what the vast majority of viewers will see your images in, and your images will display less accurately if they're encoded in ARGB but viewed in sRGB.
>>
>>57928674
Thanks a bunch, bro.

>>57928675

Thanks for the insight!
>>
>>57928646
Let's say I only put the OS there, and start my site only when I'm about to fiddle which is max 2 hours a day, 2 days a week. However, my site is still reachable since I need to reach it myself using ssh, or isn't?
>>
>>57928674
It's not necessarily just for retards, a lot of things you might want to view are designed for consumer monitors. Extreme accuracy is great for content creation, but for consumption it can often be worse, since movies, vidya, etc are designed to be viewed on an oversaturated small-gamut display. It's kind of like how real recording studio monitors suck for listening to commercial music.

There's other reasons to prefer an compressed or inaccurate gamut too, for example gaming monitors come with presets that make games look like garbage but make it easier to see enemies, which is a tradeoff most competitive gamers are willing to make.
>>
>>57928700
in theory, yes you are attackable.
will it actually happen? very unlikely.
>>
>>57928746
Only during fiddling time or at every time since I don't know how to harden my OS.
>>
>>57928759
in theory you are always attackable.
a hole in digitaloceans system could give anyone access to your image.

will it probably happen?
very very VERY unlikely.

Why do you even want to pay for a VPS when you only use it for 2 hours a day?
Run your shit locally instead.
>>
>>57928165
>unbelievably out of style

Go back to >>>/fa/

Not everyone wants to wear ball-strangling tight emo pants, and tight girly-layered shirt/sweater combos
>>
>>57928783
I have money but want the impression that I have something out there I made, even though, it's not public available.

Furthermore, this should trick myself, motivating me to put more emphasis in my hobbyist project.
>>
>>57928783
>in theory you are always attackable.
Yeah, but I think that I make myself moot-like attackable since I'm not aware of stupid things like submitting credentials on github or whereever he put them up
>>
>>57928455
Tl;dr don't buy shit cargo pants.
>hip tech firm
Well that's their own problem, I'm there to work not to look fancy I know those companies and they are fucking retarded with their hipster shit.
>>
>>57928142
I'm just looking for a decent place or two to find books to download.
>>
File: Untitled.png (7KB, 169x185px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7KB, 169x185px
I want to be R U D E and turn this on permanently but I can't find how.
>>
>>57926995
>Does your internet go out or does your DNS resolution suck ass?

My Skype can't connect as well, and if a Youtube video was playing, it stops buffering.
I think thus suggests that my entire connection goes offline.

I haven't had it happen today, so I haven't tried the other thing.
Just hoped the issue is something obvious and people will have a canned response.
>>
>>57928290
Been working with JS for six years now, and I have always used Notepad++.
JavaScript isn't complicated enough and you don't have that many files and classes and includes or whatever that you need to cross check.
>>
>>57929163
This is why 4chan is dying. Stop raping Herosimoot's wallet, he can barely afford his mansion.
>>
>>57929367
>you don't have that many files and classes and includes or whatever that you need to cross check.
Depends on the JavaScript project
>>
>>57929381
Well if you do, you should switch to another language.
>>
>>57929385
What do you suggest for an application like Google Maps?
>>
Any good reference for C#? Could be a book, video tutorial, tutorial website. Going to migrate to it from Java.
>>
File: 1477699799607.jpg (1MB, 1402x3892px) Image search: [Google]
1477699799607.jpg
1MB, 1402x3892px
>>57929377
There is nothin wrong with 4chan financial state.
>>
File: 1477795382177.png (1MB, 2678x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1477795382177.png
1MB, 2678x4000px
>>57929377
>>
File: 1477653327445.png (56KB, 811x631px) Image search: [Google]
1477653327445.png
56KB, 811x631px
>>57929377
>>
I recently went to Canada on Vacation. I bought a SIM card from virgin mobile, and during my stay there I met some girls on tinder. I'm back in Europe now and my canadian sim card is deactivated

Now I can't stop thinking about this girl I met on tinder and I can't stop wondering whether she sent me any more messages.

I sent a message to my canadian number and it seemed to go through without any notice of the number being deactivated, which means potentially somebody could have messaged me and thinks they're being ignored.

So my question is.. is there a chance of reading those messages if I reactivate my sim card?
>>
>>57929440
Wew, apparently one of my posts made it into an infographic, even though it was edited a bit.

The info's definitely outdated in it though, for instance, we know why J-List stopped advertising along with the fact that they're back now renders that whole bit rather moot.
>>
>>57929625
>we know why J-List stopped advertising

I don't. Why did they stop advertising?
Also, them probably got a better deal now that they are back, meaning 4chan probably makes less of them.
>>
?what is 11.11
>>
>>57929625
The information is from around september,when gook was shilling and blatantly lying to everyone.

Facts are facts though.
>>
>>57929704
>moot says 4chan is fine
>main advertiser withdraws
>nu-moot says 4chan is in bad state

Where is the issue here?
>>
>>57929720
j list didnt withdrawl,gook cancelled.
>>
>>57928815
>Not everyone wants to wear ball-strangling tight emo pants, and tight girly-layered shirt/sweater combos

of course not

you can dress nice without all that
>>
>>57929704
I know, I was one of the people there complaining. I still don't trust the fucker, but it's not like I can do much else besides write posts that'll get ignored by most anons.

>>57929667
If memory serves an anon emailed J-List and got an actual response from them a while after I posted that, but to make sure about what it said I'll have to go archive searching and that shit just ain't fun at 5 AM with no sleep.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 573x347px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 573x347px
>>57929734
Still haven't found the post that I remember seeing, but this is close enough.

Fuck archive searching, especially on a shitty mobile.
>>
>>
>>57929875
>http://archived.moe/qa/thread/743212/#746527
Nobody cares, but I'm about 99% sure this was the post I was thinking of before, but it's the same image as was already posted so whatever.

Too bad none of this is going to make a lick of difference and the same outdated infographic is going to be posted over and over again. If I had the autism for it, I'd probably make a new one, since the best weapon is good and fresh intel in a form that's easy to disseminate, but that's probably never going to happen.

>>57929947
I'll be honest, I'm glad they're back, but I'm still probably never going to buy anything from them.
>>
Ok, asked last thread what would make electronics smell like new electronics, got possibly leaky capacitors as an answer.

How long can a computer keep working when that starts to happen?
>>
>>57929402
1. open google
2. search for "c# book for java developers"
3. literally the first fucking link
>>
>>57929676
it could be many things, be more specify where you saw it.

>>57930101
Depends a lot on which cap is broken. Can be day, can be weeks.
>>
>>57930475
people in /csg/ say it a lot
>>
>>57930475
>>57930101
ok, lets go this way, the smell is gone.

would the smell go away if it was a cap?

also, do caps get more stressed if i put the computer under a load, or are caps stressed equally from the time they turn on to off...

In not really familiar with this side of computers.
>>
>>57928142
Is it stil possible to create an @msn.com or @live.com mail adress?
>>
Why aren't we calling computer build threads and the like biolo/g/ yet
>>
>>57930817
>>57930101
>>57930475

just cracked the case open, none of the caps appear to be bulging or leaking, there is one I cant fully see, but it isn't leaking at the very least.
>>
>>57928142
is it wise to buy a Pebble smartwatch now that the company has been sold?
>>
>>57928142
Where im from (Asia), "cargo" big guy pants is hard to come by. Its all appel steve jobs ankle length carrot jeans or hipster nu-male anime korean jeans or latex.

The cargo pants im wearinf right now is the only one i can find in the market. Not even dockers sell them anymore. I'm scared, anons....im afraid the CIA is coming for me.
>>
>>57931131
if you can get it fucking cheap, won't be the worst thing you bought, but assume you will have no support period and be thankful for any support you do receive.
>>
>>57928142
fatty pants lol
>>
>>57928142
should i install database in my pc or create a vm?
>>
Does adding shit to the PATH variable have any noticeable downsides (besides potentially running into conflicting names or something if you're not careful)? Will it slow down my system if I do it too much?
>>
>>57931389
no
>>
I got a friend willing to sell me his i7-4770 (locked) cause he upgraded. He wants to sell it to me for € 175. I will need to buy a new motherboard as well. That should put it at around € 300.

Currently I have an MSI Gaming 970 motherboard with an FX-8350 cpu. Should I go for it?
Thanks.
>>
File: Untitled.png (42KB, 372x658px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
42KB, 372x658px
Why can't 4chanx show how many minutes have pased since post, now?
>>
What does /g/ think of the rust programming language?
>>
>>57931529
You didnt tell it to in the options
>>
File: Untitled.png (5KB, 545x56px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5KB, 545x56px
>>57931563
Do I have to manually type something in the advanced section now?
Why? It used to work out of the box.
>>
>>57931585
Working perfectly well here with said optiosn enabled
>>
What's a great e-book reader (manga/image support preferred)? The wiki seems very outdated on this.
>>
>>57931585
>Show relative post date only when hovering
>only when hovering
You've tried to uncheck that, right?
>>
My disk tray just opened itself, should i be worried?
>>
>>57932166
thermite
>>
>>57932197
Welp, time to melt down my PC i guess.
>>
>>57928217
>most people
>weasel words
Exactly how many people would agree with you?
>>
File: 1481384812078.jpg (186KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481384812078.jpg
186KB, 708x1000px
I've manged to acquire some old PC, CPU Intel Pentium4 2.0GHz,512 MB RAM running WinXP
It boots up fine, then after a while it freeze then shutdown.
No BSoD.
I even tried running puppy linux and the same thing happened.
Is this the mobo dying or the CPU over heating?
>>
Starting to get RSI symptoms.
What do?
>>
Where can I find the list of windows updates that should be avoided? The ones with telemetry.
>>
>>57932388
Check the temps first.
>>
>>57932687
you mean all of them?
>>
What is the absolute cheapest device I can get with HDMI output?

I have a cheap HDMI switch that will only switch to inputs that have an HDMI signal connected to it.

Right now I have an old Apple TV as the dummy input but I figure that at least holds some value. I'm thinking something along the lines of an old Chromecast or fire stick or something to replace it.
>>
I want to play Forza Horizon 3

Should I buy an Xbone or get Windows 10? Will Windows 10 force me to curve down on my sailing ways?
>>
>>57932799
Dual boot my nigs.
>>
>>57929667
J-List don't advertise with 4chan all year round. They often leave and then come back, which is exactly what happened this time as well.

Of course, that means that Hiro's claims about not being able to keep 4chan running without their advertising revenue is balls.
>>
>>57932811
fug I'm dumb
>>
is it possible to flip horizontally a JPEG image without recompressing it?
>>
>>57932865 (cont)

I've gimp installed but if you know any other program I can use, I'm willing to install anything.
>>
4chan's other boards are full of people who have been banned, who say, "Just switch off your phone and switch it back on and you can ban evade!", or, "Reset your router and ban evade!"

How does that work? Surely my public IP address is the thing that gets banned, and that won't change. It certainly won't change if I just put my phone into airplane mode and back again, because other devices in my home are connected to the Internet the whole time and they all use the same (public) IP address. How could I change it for just one device?

What are these phoneposters talking about?
>>
>>57933006
>It certainly won't change if I just put my phone into airplane mode and back again
That's strange, it's supposed to change when you do that, at least for mine it works.
Try counting 20 seconds before switching mode back to normal.

When the satellite loses track of your device, the IP gets assigned to another user's device, usually.
If this doesn't happen, it means you have a static IP which is very strange because these kind of IPs are more expensive for the ISP to give away for free, unless you chose a contract that includes it naturally (which is usually more expensive because with a static IP you can host a website for free from and what now).
>>
>>57933006
Your IP is dynamic on phone. Connecting and disconnection will usually give you a new address. There's been times when I'm out of state and try to post off my 4G where I've been banned even though I havnen't done anything, then I come back to the hotel later and I'm no longer banned.

Same thing with ISP. If you leave your Modem unplugged for 24 hours you should get a new IP address or just call your ISP and ask them to reset
>>
>>57933110
>for free from home* and what not*
ftfm
>>
File: Screenshot_20161210-131032~2.png (4KB, 93x129px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161210-131032~2.png
4KB, 93x129px
How do I disable this shit?
>>
>>57933110
>>57933117
Thanks. Does it matter that I live in England? Are things different there?
>>
File: 1481393965_12-10-2016.png (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481393965_12-10-2016.png
277KB, 1920x1080px
Can someone please help me figure out why the scrollbar is not showing up on anything?

I'm using openbox on arch right now.
I tried out a dark theme for a while, but I didn't like it so I set it back to default, but my scrollbars are still messed up.

You can see from the screenshot that the scrollbar is present in some programs, but not in others.
>>
>>57932569
fix posture
take breaks
do streches
>>
>>57933232
try changing your settings using lxappearance
>>
File: 1481394571_12-10-2016.png (3KB, 47x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1481394571_12-10-2016.png
3KB, 47x1055px
>>57933314
lxappearance is the window on the top left.
I have set everything back to default and it worked, but messed up my scrollbars.

The scrollbar on firefox is even more messed up.
>>
I know this question might be interpeted as le epick /b/ hackzo0r shit but trust me it really isn't.

Is there a way to make a really simple keylogger that only works on one PC, like saving everything you type into an open notepad or whatever?
Needed as a form of parental control.
>>
>>57929163
This is what I use

http://macil.github.io/ChanImagePrefetcher/
>>
File: Untitled.png (25KB, 300x294px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
25KB, 300x294px
I can't find a way on the settings how to remove the ENG (US) language..
Wherever I look on the settings I only see my selected languages (UK, Greek).
How do I do this?
>>
>>57932712
Sorry for the late reply.
I've been trying to do that.
The damn thing still freeze and then shutdown even in puppy linux.
I even tried using "sensors" command from the terminal and it shutdown.
I can get the temps from the BIOS, it's 40-45C.
>>
What is the difference between the function and the implementation of a piece of hardware?
>>
File: iunderstandjackshit.jpg (81KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
iunderstandjackshit.jpg
81KB, 400x268px
why is my VID jumping up to 1.3V when I'm running a -190mV offset (undervolting because annoying temps and noise)? Stock VID was around 1.264-1.28V and went up to 1.344V. I cannot understand how to get it lower on load because my system will crash very quickly if I go lower than -190mV.

stock i7-6700K & Z170 Pro Gaming
>>
>>57933784
also I'm using HWMonitor to check values, is it accurate for Skylake?
>>
>>57933704
>function
What it does
>implementation
How it does what it does

Different designers can come with totally different implementations of a certain item. They will still serve the same function, just in different ways.
>>
Is hex B3 = 11 and 3 or 14?
>>
>>57933981
So would an example be a HDD and an SSD? Or can you think of a better one?
>>
>>57932388
There are 2 things that could be going on.

1. HSF is fucked, check temperatures.
2. Minor motherboard failure or PSU failure, its power related.
>>
File: test.png (19KB, 421x478px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
19KB, 421x478px
>>57933612
>W10
Anyway

Panel control>laguage settings>Change keyboard or input method>Keyboard & Language>Change Keyboard>Select UK greek as default and in the list remove English(US).

Example but with spanish.
>>
>>57934060
>1. HSF is fucked, check temperatures.
Can't it shutdown the moment I try to, I guess it's realted to how heavy I use the CPU.
>2. Minor motherboard failure or PSU failure, its power related.
About that, Could leaky capacitors do this?
>>
>>57934115
>Panel control
Control Panel*
>>
Didn't want to make a thread for this so I'll post this here:

I wanted to buy an Asus VG248QE for 285€ but saw that the shop selling it also has a sale for the Acer XF240Hbmjdpr at 250€.

My question is regarding the compatibility of the Acer's FreeSync with my NVidia card. Is there a way to disable it so that it behaves like a regular monitor or will there be some performance issues?

So basically can I save 35€ here, or should I just go for the Asus to be safe?
>>
>>57934232
Freesync just wont work with an nvidia card, just as gsync won't work with a AMD card
It shouldn't cause any problems
>>
File: memetop.png (706KB, 697x717px) Image search: [Google]
memetop.png
706KB, 697x717px
Thinking of getting a new laptop, mainly will be using browsing, office work.
Which of these would do ?
Pic very much related.
>inb4 DOS
The perks of living in a third world country.
>>
File: Untitled.png (92KB, 1647x881px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
92KB, 1647x881px
>>57934115
Yes I went ther so many times and found nothing. Everything seems in order, the location is set to UK, the currency and the Greek are just secondary, noother sign of US settings whatsoever.
Win10 are being an absolute pain in the pain to setup but now I have done so many things to them to make them humane..

If only I show you another huge problem I had with the SSD and my very clunky as fuck solution to folder management...
>>
>>57934359
Advanced settings?

>If only I show you another huge problem I had with the SSD and my very clunky as fuck solution to folder management...
What happened?
>>
Is the $1 Mousepad still a thing?
>>
File: Untitled.png (45KB, 1467x967px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
45KB, 1467x967px
>>57934379
Advanced has this nonsense in.
>>
>>57934617
What other options for the override default input method list gives you?

W10 looks like a mess, i should install it soon to learn how it works.
>>
File: Untitled2.png (78KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
78KB, 1920x1080px
>>57934379
>get SSD for that OS speed
>want to use it only for the OS and other important apps like Adobe stuff
>by default Win start saving shit on the Doc, Downl, Music, Pics directed on C:\
>Adobe makes project and back up folder in C:\
>fuck me
>have to mess with all kinds of default control panel settings in Win10 to redirect the default saving locations to D:\ (HHD drive for stuff)
>rebuild the Doc, Music, Downl, Pics, etc in D:\
>still some stuff just refuse to go in any other folder than documents in C:\
>I end up with this doubled mess of folders.

This is the broscience I did and I hate looking at it. It triggers my autism.
The green stuff are inside D:\ the red ones are in C:\ and mostly empty folders.

I don't know how to properly keep the backup stuff and documents outside of the SSD any other way..
>>
>>57934702
right click one of these folders -> location
>>
File: wallhaven-433989.png (113KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-433989.png
113KB, 1920x1080px
How do I convert a HEVC file to H264 without loss of quality (yes I am aware file size might get bigger I don't care)

Currently using
ffmpeg -i input.mkv -map 0 -c:a copy -c:s copy -c:v libx264 output.mkv

but the original file is 60Mbps, the output is only 15Mbps

what am I doing wrong?
>>
>>57934714
sorry forgot the properties.
right click -> properties -> location
>>
>>57934642
I went through all the optimization and disabling all kinds of options and default apps to make them workable. It is just a mess and it almost forces you to send all kinds of data to Google and microsoft.

Protip: get the Pro version which at least doesn't make you restart on every update. You can tell it to fuck off and that you will restart later. Home version just restarts without option.
>>
>>57934720
add -crf 0 for zero quality loss
>>
>>57934728
Im going to install the enterprise version, i just wanna learn how it works because its really different than W7 and W8.1 and im starting to have clients bring me laptops with Windows 10.

I will get rid of it once i understand the basics and hotfixes for it.
>>
>>57934726
Jesus... that was it? If I change the target location the folders will redirect to D:\?

God damn it..
>>
>>57934761
yes, that's the point behind it.
>>
>>57934761
if you want to move some non system directory make a symlink to d:/, look up the mklink documentation.
>>
How do I read lines from a file in Java?
I'm able to write to a file, but I'm trying to read from them using:
BufferedReader testIn = new BufferedReader(new FileReader("test.txt"));
out.println(testIn.readLine());

It just displays null even though there is something in the file?
>>
File: 1476944312277.png (327KB, 883x484px) Image search: [Google]
1476944312277.png
327KB, 883x484px
>>57928142
So I just replaced my modem/router and tested my WiFi. Unfortunately I forgot to test the before to compare the difference and I already threw away my older, shitty model. Just remembered about the speed testing now.

I don't know shit about connection speeds or whatever the fuck this is saying. Is this fast? Above average? Good enough to game with?
>>
File: 1464361615392.jpg (141KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464361615392.jpg
141KB, 720x960px
>>57934726
>>57934761
>>57934780
I was blind from angery when I was trying to figure it out and didn't notice that.
I tried now my music folder and it just worked!
It also says that I might not have to change settings on the apps or anything, the stuff will move over to the new folder.
Feel not that bad. Thanx doge.

>>57934795
It just bothers me that all the creative apps (adobe, DAWs) automatically put the project files/scratch disks on C:\ documents and I have to move them.
And some other stupid shit like The Witcher series which HAS to save the games on C:\Documents
(Witcher 1 was 30MB PER SAVE FILE).
>>
>>57933612
Add the offending option and then remove it.
I don't know what causes it but I do know that adding it and then removing it fixes it.
>>
>>57934741
>>57934741
ty that worked

But my statement that I didn't care about file size was a bit bold, a 400MB file became over 2GB, and that was only a sample of the actual movie which is 60GB

I think I might be better served by buying a GPU that can actually decode HEVC...
>>
>>57934883
the higher the crf value the more data is getting lost, 0 is for lossless.

20-22 should be almost invisible to the naked, so you could try with that.
you can also increase compression with a preset by adding -preset slower
though it will increase encoding time drastically.
>>
What's good software for editing videos? I don't want to do fancy stuff, just take multiple videos and put them together, maybe add some time to the frames with topics because I plan on adding subtitles to them all together. I already sub stuff with aegisub and ffmpeg, just need a video editor. I'm on Win7
>>
>>57934985
shotcut
>>
>>57934831
that's okay
you can calculating yourself
Download Speed (30) : 8 = 3.75mb
>>
Why is Intel so much ahead of AMD in the good CPU area? Jew magic?
>>
>>57935055
Thanks anon. I appreciate it.
>>
>>57934831
Its fast for most stuff.
Above average yes when everything is 10-20Mb/s.
Yes, 5Mb/s is enough to game.

Looks good enough.
>>
>>57935091
Thank you too, anon!

Finally get to hear some good news today.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-10-15-33-15.png (27KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-10-15-33-15.png
27KB, 720x1280px
>>57928142
Why the fuck does this keep happening? I'm trying to play WebM through Clover on an LG LS775.
>>
>>57931444
Anyone?
>>
>>57935147
Which version of clover are you using?
>>
Put simply, what do try and catch do in exception handling?
>>
>>57931444
It is better than your current CPU but not sure if its worth it at that price.

Probably 120-125 Euros since its a old Gen used and locked CPU.

Try to ask other anons around too, dont only base yourself only in my opinion.
>>
>>57935272
when code crashes/throws an exception in the try block it'll run the catch block.
so instead of the application crashing you can handle the exception yourself.
>>
>>57935312
I've written a method that handles an exception, but I still need to circle the method calls in try and have a catch.
Why? Shouldn't the method be able to handle it?
>>
File: file.png (138KB, 559x235px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
138KB, 559x235px
What's a good replacement for the default samsung sms app? GO SMS is awful and there are over 200 even worse ones out there. Is anything actively developed on f-droid?

It's just these faces. I can't stand these fucking faces and I'm not about to replace them all with photos.
>>
>>57935368
what language? java?
>>
>>57935232
2.1.3 from from fdroid.
>>
>>57935444
Try 2.2.0.
>>
>>57935410
I don't know about any that are actively developed on f-droid, but if you're already enjoying the full Botnetâ„¢ experience, Textra is good.
>>
>>57928290
Yo Front-end dev here.:

Sublime Text
Visual Studio Code
Atom
Brackets
Webstorm
>>
>>57935434
Yeah.
>>
>>57935493
did you add "throws exception" to your method?
>>
File: 1437168269398.jpg (211KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1437168269398.jpg
211KB, 1600x900px
>>57928142
Is $230 for a 1tb SSD a good deal? It's 3gbits/s up to 6gbits.

I need an SSD and I want to just shove everything on it. I'm kind of paranoid about hard drive failure, plus I could use a good upgrade anyways.
>>
I'm writing a script in Python.
Now on Linux for the first time.
How do I navigate outside home in bash?

Since it starts at home/a2/ I simply don't know what path-string to pass...

I need to go to ../../media/a2/522533432smeting/Documents and Settings
>>
>>57935463
Yeah, figured out that it was out of date while waiting for your reply. I didn't have the right repo activated so I never got the update. Hopefully the issue is resolved.
>>
is richard stallman a communist?
>>
>>57935530
Go to where you want with the file explorer.
Right click
Terminal.
>>
>>57935527
Which SSD? sounds like a really good deal to be true.

Cheap TLC SSD?
>>
>>57935511
Yeah. The methods throw the exception, and they have try, catch and finally blocks inside, but I still need to declare try and catch when I call the methods.
>>
>>57935584
Nah, it's a Toshiba OCZ.
>>
>>57935610
if the method you call has declared that it throws an exception then you have to handle it.
in java you either catch it or keep throwing it up the stack.
>>
>>57935620
Used?

Why not invest $100 more in a 850 EVO/PRO if you are paranoid about reliability?
>>
>>57935636
So should the method not throw the exception and handle it itself?
I didn't know that's how they worked. I thought you needed to throw an exception.

So when you throw an exception, it throws it up the stack until it gets to the system handler?
>>
File: birds-dont-know.jpg (72KB, 432x440px) Image search: [Google]
birds-dont-know.jpg
72KB, 432x440px
>>57928142
Let's say I were to download a custom rom for an android phone.

Would it be possible to use it as a non-privileged user? (not as root)
>>
>>57935660
you either handle it or throw it.
both rarely makes any sense.
>>
>>57935682
the normal android user is never root, you have to explicitly run stuff as root if you want to.
>>
>>57935642
New.

I don't have that kind of money to spend right now. Would it be better to just hold off and wait then? Is OCZ really that crap?
>>
>>57935707
Its not exactly unreliable but not the best.

850 EVO or PRO is usually the most reliable and a safe buy.

Why not get a smaller SSD and a HDD?
>>
>>57935685
Thanks man!
>>
>>57928165
>I think I'm edgy and balanced because I use my Faildroid "smart"fome for social media feed and write concious feed critique on my iFail failtop computar at home
When did /g/ turn into such a cuck farm?
>>
>>57935739
Not enough room in my case, believe it or not. It's a custom case, and everything's pretty tightly packed in as is. I only really have enough room for one hard drive.
>>
https://www.coursehero.com/file/pnjnfd/3-Describe-a-real-or-made-up-example-of-word-of-mouth-promotion-Why-do-you/

How do I see the blurred parts without account?
>>
>>57935410
Just use the google one
>>
>>57928815
>Not everyone wants to wear ball-strangling tight emo pants, and tight girly-layered shirt/sweater combos
Oh, this really rustles my jimmies.

I'm a man and I ride once a week. The breeches are supposted to be tight in order to not chafe, mkay. The perfect breeches for men should strike a balance between comfy and tight, yes?

Therefore the breeches should not make you look like exploded fruit salad in the front. But the GNUmale jeans looks like insta castration if they dared to straddle a horse, wearing them.
>>
i have 2 4gb sticks of ram in my pc.
they are crutial balistix 1600mhz.

I have 2 4gb sticks of ram laying around.
corsair vengance pro 1866mhz.

is it possible to add the other 2 sticks of ram and have it working as 16gb?

motherboard can only support 1600mhz but a friend has the same motherboard and he uses 1866 ram, he said it just adjusts the speed to what it can support.
>>
I need ideas for Christmas gifts. Can you guys recommend some good ones ? Around 50 bucks
>>
File: idiotic_tattoos_20.jpg (59KB, 500x571px) Image search: [Google]
idiotic_tattoos_20.jpg
59KB, 500x571px
WHICH LINUX DISTRO TO INSTALL
pic not related

Im quite new to linux, only having used ubuntu a couple of times.
Wanting to lear networking and pentesting and interested in white hacking.
Should I go with kali linux or is that overkill? Thanks guys!
>>
>>57935829
can never go wrong with a powerbank
>>
>>57928142
so if I wanted to start an illegal business how do I secure it? here's what I'm thinking
>VPN for all traffic, also TOR for sensitive traffic
>host own IRC server using SSL + FiSHLiM
>burner phones for business calls
>blackphone 2 for personal life
>no social media
>cut contact with all my friends completely
>raspi that encrypts, 0s and deletes all files on any USB plugged into it (for quick deleting of persistent TAILs install if I get raided)
>a script that encrypts, 0s and deletes everything on my servers if I don't log in every 7 days - or it can be manually executed by a third party as a sort of dead mans switch
I hate to sound genuinely autistic and it's probable my schizophrenia is causing me to be delusional but I think I can achieve something truly beautiful as long as I don't get caught until everything is done
>>
>>57935837
try out debian. you can still learn everything you need to, kali is just there for script kiddys wanting to look cool.
>>
>>57935828
Yes, your motherboard will handle the speeds.
Just turn XMP on.
>>
>>57928142
Hey I currently wear pic related in a couple different colors in rotation to work. Yes they are crazy comfortable and functional. Anyone who says otherwise or calls people autistic for wearing them has never worn them or never needed them
>>
>>57936107
I've worn them exclusively for years, they're autistic I know because I'm literally diagnosed autistic
>>
>>57936107
I can't wear them because I carry a weapon and have a build which already suggests ex-military. Wearing cargos is pretty much advertising that I'm armed.
>>
>>57936379
Causation =/ correlation
>>
>>57936416
See you have a legitimate reason
>>
>>57936107
>qt wearing cargos
Makes me hott!
>>
>>57936516
Download speccy and check if its detected.
Open device manager, is it being detected?

PCIe or USB?
>>
Air:Link 5000AC

Is this router still good enough?

I get 40 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up.
>>
>>57936677
>>57936677

Nevermind I got it! Thanks. It was usb and it was apparently in a faulty slot.
>>
I bought a Morotola cellphone, and I was wondering if there was a way to backup the data of my former phone (a LG one) and transfer to the new one. Is it possible? I couldn't use the Motorola Migrate app.
>>
>>57936883
Correction. I actually get around 20 Mbps up.
>>
How do I into Soulseek?

Whenever I search something nothing ever shows up
>>
Can a nested for loop call a variable from one of its outside for loops. For example:
for(test1 = 0; test1 < 5; test1++) {

for(test2 = 0; test2 < 3; test2++) {
if(test1 => 5) {
test3 = test3;
}
else {
test3 = test2++;
}
}
}
>>
>>57928165
Can anyone tell me if this mobo has built in wifi?
If so how do i access it?
>>
>>57937137
yes
>>
>>57937151
I forgot to post link
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128843&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Motherboards+-+Intel-_-N82E16813128843&gclid=Cj0KEQiA7K7CBRCrwt26v5uHs98BEiQA0JzsZ4r8EyBn8-7pZ-bopiYdvUBUbJGFXy2XctwKsiJzTLsaAiGe8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds
>>
>>57937151
>>57937193
if it doesn't list it, it doesn't have it.
>>
Is there any way to set a permanent variable in a nested for loop?
Trying to call a variable but its value is controlled by a nested for loop, and obviously it just returns to null each time it ends.
>>
is there a plugin for deluge or qbittorent that lets me refuse connection to peers from certain countries?
im not talking about ip ranges here but geolocation.
most torrent clients already show you the geolocation of peers you are connected too shouldnt it be very easy logical that such a plugin should already exist? i havent found anything like that.
>>
>>57937248
declare the variable outside?
>>
>>57937261
I need it to be the same number as the nested for loop controller. It can't go over 3, but it also can't be assigned the value of the controller.
>>
>>57937292
what controller?
what are you talking about?
what language?
post code.
>>
>>57937248
you can declare more variables than just i and j in the first part of the loop in many languages. if you do it in the most outer loop it will exist in all nested loops.
this also applies to if statements.
an example is
if(variable 1 variable 2, conditon, operaiton)

this also applies to for or for in loops.
your programming language needs to be able todo this though. but hey if even javascript can do it, right?
>>
>>57937310
for* meant for int example
>>
>>57937307
I think I've sorted it.

Here's the code I'm using
for(test1 = 0; test1 < 5; test1++) {

for(test2 = 0; test2 < 3; test2++) {
if(test2 == 0) {
test3 = 0;
}
else {
test3++;
}
out.println(test3);
}
}

I want to save test3 and use it to save the state of the game (it's a quiz, and test3 represents whose turn it is).

Could it be improved/are there any glaring holes?
>>
>>57937345
in this example function programming is your savior and you should create a function that returns test3 that you can call from within the loop.
>>
>>57937345
still, declare test3 outside.
name your variables meaningful, test123 doesn't make any sense for who's reading the code.

your first loop loops 5 times, for these 5 times you loop 3 times, the first time you set test3 to 0, otherwise you increment it.

the fuck you doing anon, you don't even need test3, test2 has the value you want, you just mimic the same behavior into test3 that your loop already does.

not sure what language that is, but you should be able to declare it outside of the loop so it's value persist and is accessible after the loop scope.
>>
I'm a bit spooked here. Can someone rip files directly from my laptop through the internet? Someone just posted pics with the exact same name I have in the same thread I was (I have the same pics in my folder).

I do not have a shitty wlan password. When I logged into my router it showed that there was already someone logged in and the password for my router isn't shitty either. I'm also running Ubuntu 16.04.

Superspooked man.
>>
>>57937448
if you enabled any sharing options then sure, but I doubt you'd be able to set this up, so no, don't worry.

was it a picture you made and never posted or a generic one you saved at some point?
assuming the latter, what makes you think you are the only one that saved it?
>>
>>57937378
Would that be more efficient than this?
>>57937417
It is declared outside, should've included that. This was made in a test file so I had a clean space to try it out. The real variables are meaningful. And thanks, I never thought of doing it like that. It's Java, but our lecturer is teaching us it as a procedural language instead of OO. It's a fucking mess and shouldn't be made that way but it's how the module is taught.
>>
>>57937484
Not a generic one. I made it and the few pics the anon posted had the exact same name scheme like mine do. Could very well be that I posted the exact same pics months ago and I don't remember it anymore.

The router has content sharing deactivated. Just to be sure I changed my password on it. Wtf man. I'm worried that someone scooped files off my PC.
>>
>>57928142
"Don't remember history from certain domains" is there a browser or extension that can do this?
>>
>>57937528
so it was just the filename?
unless it wasn't some long filename with random characters in it I wouldn't worry.
>>
File: 81A-Z+puUwL._SL1500_.jpg (149KB, 1154x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81A-Z+puUwL._SL1500_.jpg
149KB, 1154x1500px
>>57936585
Oh fuck off wrong pic same pants
>>
I'm a poorfag which lives with its parents and have a lot o wifi issues.

Which router should I buy which will offer a good QoS and support lots of connection?
Here at home we have 5 smarphones and 4 computers connected, plus some guests sometimes.

I was thinking about an Archer C7, is it a good one?
>>
>>57937553
Same filename and same pic. 6 chars long.
>>
File: mineral oil pc.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mineral oil pc.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
Has anyone here ever built a mineral oil pc?

I'm planning to give it a go with some old components because it seems cool as fuck and relatively cheap. I've been wondering, is a radiator really necessary in the setup? Assuming there's enough surface area on the oil surface and the oil is moved quickly enough, would passive cooling be feasible?
>>
I upgraded my motherboard and now my computer bluescreens after ~10 minutes of use. Do I need to reinstall windows?
>>
>>57937597
what error do you get?
did you check temperatures?
did you install the chipset drivers?
>>
>>57934039
Pls
>>
>>57934039
>>57937621
https://google.com/search?q=0xb3+to+decimal
>>
>>57937597
Yes, specially if the chipset is different.
>>
File: file.png (109KB, 1617x404px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
109KB, 1617x404px
Been looking at this monitor:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01FGCJAF2/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

I can get it for $100 + $15 shipping, and it looks perfect.
Only has a 90d warranty though. Is it bad?
>>
Is there such thing as a water resistant laptop?
Not waterproof, but that would resist conditions of high humidity.

Like 85% or more, for extended periods of time.
>>
>>57937656
>refurbished
probably has a few dead pixels and the original buyer returned it.
would not buy.
>>
>>57935855
>cut contact with all my friends completely
Why?
>>
>>57937676
Ok but if it does, it says I can return it in 30 days.
>>
Are there any cheapo Korean monitors that are suited for photo editing with 100% sRGB or are they just for gaymen?
>>
>>57937687
Why waste time and get your money wrapped up.
Dont buy it
>>
>>57937697
What should I get then?
>>
How do you set a value using varargs in Java?
I'm trying to set a local variable the value of a variable argument, but it says it can't convert int[] to int...?
>>
>>57937738
post code
>>
>>57937711
The same thing but not refurbished...
>>
>>57937748
which is $50 more
>>
I need to learn vbscript. Anybody got a tutorial for a complete beginner? (I'm a qa and gotta start automating)
>>
Where can I go to talk about technology and not have to deal with Nazis, SJWs, fags, or all the other brain-fried autistic millennial trash that populates /g/
>>
>>57937752
Dont get takeout for a month,boom $50
>>
i have some super secret stuff i need to stash how should i go about hiding it this day and age?

i remember reading about truecrypt. their website now just gives instructions on using BitLocker, the windows thing. is doing that okay/smart?
>>
>>57937845
bitlocker does something different.
use veracrypt and set up a container.
>>
Not sure if this belongs in sqt, but whatever.

I'm currently localizing Futaba's source code from Japanese to English (Yes, I know that tinyboard, and lainchan have downloadable source code). So far I've managed to translate everything from Japanese to English, and the site is working fine. But, occasionally when trying to upload images (only supports .jpg, .png, and .gif) it gives me the error that would normally be associated with not uploading an image, and not having clicked the 'no picture' option. Also, as in pic related, despite on the index page there being no errors, when going into 'reply mode' I get these random encoding errors despite there being no Japanese in the .php. Also, in 'reply mode' the link to Futaba and GazouBBS is above the 'delete post' option, which it shouldn't be.

Pardon some of the 'engrish', I've yet to fix some of the grammar, here's the futaba.php:
http://pastebin.com/ZiSQEW0z
>>
File: lookdown.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
lookdown.png
1MB, 1366x768px
notepad files keep opening at the bottom of my fucking screen
I can use windows+left/right to shift it but I use notepad a lot and after a while it just gets very irritating
why the fuck does this happen
>>
File: 1475033437653.jpg (184KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1475033437653.jpg
184KB, 1000x750px
>>57928165
You know nothing.
>>
I need a batch image tagger.
Google wasn't helpful enough.
>>
>>57937888
Okay, the encoding error was exactly that, but I'm still getting an error when trying to upload certain images.
>>
>>57937685
they'd assume I've died leading to a more minimal existence
>>
I want to load chromium on some old laptops. How come the usb drive has to be 8 or 16gb? How come a larger usb drive wouldn't work when creating images? So is 16gb the most versatile size usb drive?
>>
>>57938005
>old laptops.
LBA
>>
There are some YouTube channels I want to follow, but I don't want Google to own me. How do I follow them without an account? Would an RSS reader do the trick? If so, would Thunderbird's built-in one work?
>>
>>57938039
just bookmark and check it daily
>>
>>57938039
Make a bookmark and go to them when you want?

fucks sake
>>
File: IMG_20161210_175908_01_01.jpg (3MB, 4606x1147px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161210_175908_01_01.jpg
3MB, 4606x1147px
okay /g/oyim i just jumped off the windows train completely for the first time and am running Ubuntu 16.04.1 and after some fucking around everything is working great except my touchpad. Seems to work totally fine when i very first boot up but after doing anything (opening terminal, browser, connecting to wifi) it starts to lag like a motherfucker while using the wireless mouse works fine. I went through the software updater and did my proprietary drivers and made sure everything is updated (though i could've missed something i won't lie). just looking for a point in the right direction as Google doesn't seem to barf up anything relevant to me. also sorry for the phone pic but I'm not entirely sure what to make of this unknown device in the driver menu.

tl;dr touchpad lag on Ubuntu, wat do?
>>
File: 1376213464961.jpg (109KB, 998x974px) Image search: [Google]
1376213464961.jpg
109KB, 998x974px
>>57938039
>tfw want to escape the same shit
i've already left Google for duckduckgo, never use chrome, still on firefox here, but I'm doing some video translations on youtube, can't let go of my gmail as well, don't know a good non-botnet service
>>
Is there a reliable male to male stereo chord that is 15+ feet long?
>>
>>57935829
Gift card.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161210-180154.png (351KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161210-180154.png
351KB, 1440x2560px
i want to buy the new xiaomi mi mix phone but i don't know if it will be available to do calls in my country. i live in central america so im not sure about that. can someone help.

also in gsmarena it says this doesn't have radio fm but in the ebay description page says otherwise. what do?
>>
>>57938099
Are you me? Because that describes me exactly, except for the video translations part. I've heard good things about services like ProtonMail, but the problem is that all these non-botnet services aren't compatible with the botnet services that everyone uses.
>>
>>57936930
You can just drag and drop anything you want from one phone to a computer, then drag and drop back into the other phone. Hell you might even be able to plug both phones into the computer at once and just drag from one to the other.
>>
>>57937531
Private browsing.
>>
>>57938147

Of course I am you.
But you already know this since you are a samefag,just like me.
>>
>>57938145
willmyphonework.net
>>
>>57937744
public static void someMeth(int test1, int...test2) {
int test3 = test2;
}

Java.
Says it can't convert int to int[].
>>
>>57933337
Hm. Try changing GTK3+ themes? Seems to be a GTK3 integration problem; Firefox and Libreoffice both use GTK3.
>>
>>57937760
I was with you all the way, and could have suggested a few places, but I'm a fag and I am also petty. When talking tech, or anything other than sex it never comes up, so you shouldn't bring it up either.
>>
>>57938279
>so you shouldn't bring it up either
fuck off, SOCJUS drone
>>
>>57938099
>>57938147
I feel that. Personally I just have a separate account with a bullshit first and last name/info so I can go about using Google services sporadically without tying it to my real name. I guess they still have your device info and habits but it's really the best you can do without inconveniencing yourself. Could also use a separate account for each service you use. Like a dedicated YouTube account, search account, etc. Just annoying to remember to switch them out when you go from one service to another.
>>
>>57938415
The problem for me is that my Google account is already tied to my username, since I set it up several years ago, before I knew better. And even if it wasn't, my real name is part of the email address. So I'm semi-screwed already.
>>
Does file system matter on a flash drive that I intend to share to others? Say I want to share some movies and TV series to my friends via this flash drive, will a non-NTFS (i.e. ext...) be more resistant to viruses and autoruns?
Another, how can I secure my flash drives that will be used this way (sharing to casual users)
>>
>>57938544
fat32
>>
>>57938396
It has nothing to do with social justice, faggot. It's about your autism flaring up all the time, and you being scared to death that people might be homos. So much so that you think about it constantly and let it control your life. Trust me many of the people you interact with are gay, and you don't know it, for instance myself. You could work with and talk to me for years and not know, because I don't run around squawking about the fact that I enjoy a nice penis in my rectum occasionally. I'm with you about SJWs, Nazis, millennials, and other assorted autists but most fags keep it under wraps, and you shouldn't worry about them.
>>
>>57938459
They took your footprints at birth, and put every bit of your personal info on the internet the second you were enrolled in school. You can't escape anything at all, ever. You're in the system forever.
>>
I want to get a new mp3 player with an obvious micro SD expansion slot.

I know some mp3s can support a certain amount of space like 64gb for one, but will it support the WHOLE 64gb?

Also gib recommendation plz.
>>
is a brand new (old stock) xfx 290x 8gb for 290$ even remotely worth it? rx 480 8gb prices around here with a custom cooler hover at about 300$+.
>>
What's the best platform for selling my old shit? Not necessarily electronics.

Is craigslist still the most popular, or is facebook's resale app even more popular?
>>
I just installed Ubuntu on my laptop.

I was looking to install Kali since I am interested in pentesting. But since I am new to GNU/Linux I figured Ubuntu might be better. And I think that with the right tools, ubuntu can do the same as kali.

Can anyone send me in the right direction as to which tools i need to try networking/pentesting and how to do that?
>>
>>57938459
oh boy same here man. My gmail is literally my first and last name @ gmail but I only use it for shit that is already tied to my real name/real life, everything else goes to Tutanota. The paranoia is still there though. Just purge your Google account as much as you can and use it only for email.
>>
>>57938733
Don't know about a resale app, I don't do Facebook anymore, but I always had great luck with the "online yardsales" on fb. Craigslist is alright too if there aren't a lot of niggers in your area.
>>
>>57938735
Just look up Kali preinstalled software and add that to Ubuntu. It's all in the Debian repos.
>>
>>57938195
Will it work properly? Damn, that's something I wouldn't never think it would.
>>
>>57938969
Should work fine. I mean I don't think you can do this with apps, other than transferring app data files. As long as you make sure the files go into the right place on the new phone it'll be fine. I'm paranoid about snooping employees at the store so I have been doing my own transfers this way since 2009.
>>
>>57939063
I'll do it, thanks my dude. I was searching like mad for a way to do it, and the simplest was the best way.
>>
>>57939089
No problem, buddy.
>>
How evil is Google?
>>
>>57939155
Incredible evil.
>>
>>57938247
thanks!
>>
will a wifi extender affect port forwarding in anyway?
>>
Is it unreasonable to pair an i3 6100 with an R9 Fury for gaming?
>>
File: osi.gif (143KB, 800x618px) Image search: [Google]
osi.gif
143KB, 800x618px
>>57939201
No, WiFi repeaters work on Ethernet (Layer 2) and don't care about IP (Layer 3) or TCP/UDP (Layer 4)
>>
should i get a 390x or an rx480 for 1080p. suppose they are equally priced.
>>
>>57939248
thanks senpai, i would send you bitcoin but i gotta save up for monthly kratom
>>
>>57939155
They just want to profit off of knowing what you look for on the internet. And with that money they're revolutionizing everything tech related. They're "evil" if you're a paranoid neckbeard. Outside of that, they're great.
>>
File: IMG_9779.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9779.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>57928142
Hey /g/, I bought a Crucial MX200 SSD to install my OS on, it came with this weird bit of plastic though. What the hell do I do with it?
>>
>>57939319
i think it's for laptops that need a 9mm thick hdd and the ssd is 7mm
>>
>>57928142
What career in development is easy mode, within the reach of the average neet and doesn't take much skill?
>>
>>57939319
Literally filler for if you're putting it into a laptop, so there's no wiggle or play.
>>
>>57939339
Drug trade
>>
File: 1470882046163.jpg (191KB, 736x599px) Image search: [Google]
1470882046163.jpg
191KB, 736x599px
>>57939286
post your credit card number, and email passwords

Nothing to hide right?
>>
>>57938637
>using /v/ memes
kill yourself, brainwashed SJW kike
>>
>>57939359
>>57939330
I see, thanks anons!
>>
>>57939376
That's the paranoid shit I was talking about. Google isn't the police, or the government, they are a business designed to make money. And that's what they do. Now, call me a shill and continue being the cancer that ruins this board.
>>
Is there a market for hipster builds with old parts
>>
>>57939383
Please enlighten me, I've literally never been to /v/, haven't played a video game since the original GTA 3 on PS1, and have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>57939521
Google sells every piece of text you type in your emails for "marketing purposes".They are PRISM partner,meaning they willingly and without a warrant,give away data to the "government" at will,meaning any contractor or subsidiary that has the right header paper.

You arent a shill, you're a cuck in denial.
Now post those details fuckboi,since you dont care
>>
>>57939521
>implying corporations can't be extremely immoral and unethical in how they make money
bitch please

Google can manipulate search results to skew people's view on something. What they do can go far being spying, which is already quite fucked up.
>>
Is there any good way to give Windows 10 some tiling functionality and controls similar to i3wm?
>>
>>57939579
So? How many people do you know getting into any kind of trouble because of that? I've been using google services for over a decade to talk about illegal shit, conspiracies, taking down the gov, and many other things with thousands of people. Guess how many times it got me in trouble.

>>57939582
All advertising companies have been doing that since forever. It's called market research, not spying.
>>
>>57939654
>in trouble
That you know of.
Wait for the day you get fired because of something you posted on the internet when you were a kid, that google has been archiving over that decade.Or hell,something that goes against the companies core views,that they find out about you in some database that will eventually be a service for employees. Do a nice quick search for your name and come back with a full set of interests,those legal and illegal.

>market research
Altering search results based on an company agenda,isnt market research, its bias.A search engine is not made to be bias, it is made to provide answers, not grey masks
>>
>>57939713
>Isn't designed to do that
Google literally is designed to do that. Their market research led to that business model.

I don't post stupid shit online for all to see, I keep private "private." I use Google services to talk to people about illegal or other than normal things, but not in the public forum. Google searching myself yields info about the schools I went to, old addresses and phone numbers, and Facebook profiles of two other people that share my name. If you put dumb shit online where anyone can see it, using you're real name, Google isn't the problem, you are.
>>
>>57928165
for you
>>
How safe is amtlib.dll?
>>
>>57939782
>Real name

Real problem. I'm drunk.
>>
>>57939803
No, it was right the first time.
>>
The /g/ wiki has had Wise Registry Cleaner under the recommended Windows software for a long time.

Does that program actually help, or does it do more harm than good?
>>
"The action can't be completed because the folder or file is open in another program"
Is there any goddamn fix for this
>>
>>57939968
Do you know what program is using them? Kill it.
>>
>>57939982
no program is using it
hence the frustration
>>
Just bought a CoolerMaster Mastercase Maker 5. What the fuck is the little 2 pin molex connector for? The one coming down with the wiring harness from the front panel IO I mean. Doing a new PC build and I dunno if the PSU I'm using will even have a Molex connector for output.
>>
>>57940000
I think I've had that once or twice, super annoying.

Are you sure there's zero chance it is being used? Sometimes a program you least expect is using it. At least, with me that's happened.

Have you tried a restart?
>>
Why does Goldberg talk like fucking yoda?

>"Owner of fastest knockout. Five years ago, it was"

He's literally the microsoft word paperclip of commentary.
>>
What exactly is youtubedl, an application, a browser extension, what?
>>
>>57940289
a
pseudo apt-get
>>
lets say for the sake of argument this link is legit
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/16473749/Assassin_s_Creed_2016_720p_BrRip_x264_-_RARBG

How would a person get ahold of a movie that's either in theaters or not even out but about to be out?

(and I don't mean cam videos)

also, what do you guys use to strip DRM?
>>
>>57940380
Same way leaks happen.

Raw movie stolen from a cinema or near-exact copy.
>>
>>57940417
if it is, why is there DRM on everything this guy has on his acc?

I suspect a hack program/virus
>>
Serious question, is it worth springing for Adobe Premier for basic audio and image video editing? Premiere isn't exactly expensive but I won't be using hardly any of the features in the near future.
I've looked at OBS as an alternative, and for free there's not much room to complain, but it's another case where half or more of the features are going to be meaningless for me.
>>
>>57940473
>buying software
>>
>>57940473
>is it worth springing for Adobe Premier for basic audio and image video editing?
Well if you intend on actuallyh purchasing it, I reckon there are free editors that will do what you want just fine. Give examples.

>but it's another case where half or more of the features are going to be meaningless for me.
I don't see an issue there.
>>
Best way to make make webms?
>>
>>57940289
youtube-dl is a command-line application that downloads videos and music from over a hundred different websites, including youtube
>>
>>57940635
I see, thank you.

I assume this is for Linux only?
>>
>>57940579
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/WebM

If you like GUIs, there are some down the bottom of the page

Otherwise, just use ffmpeg from commandline
>>
>>57940041
it happens to me constantly so a restart isn't a viable solution
i believe i looked into it before and it's some bullshit background windows process that causes this
i'm about 99% sure it's either a background process, or windows file explorer itself
i'll close shit and see what happens next time i run into this
>>
>>57938270
Varargs for test2 is equivalent to int[]. You have to pull an index, or copy over the array. If you need the whole array use System.arraycopy().
>>
File: 81hTgnd037L._SL1500_.jpg (161KB, 1132x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81hTgnd037L._SL1500_.jpg
161KB, 1132x1500px
Is pic related the only gamepad available with a real joystick?
>>
is there a way to integrate a 4chan X fork + Onee-Chan into mobile Firefox?
>>
>>57940803
This is very interesting. I've always wondered how people do it. But I've also seen a WebM of someone using MPV to make a WebM. How would one go about that?
>>
guise,
I crimped a bunch o sata connecotors in a ling ass cable with loops and whatnot and I soldered it directly to the psu.

I don't have a multimeter and i'm posting on said computer and the things connected to the sata heads are working; usb and bd-rom. There's no smoke and it's been on for 4-5 minutes.

a-Am I safe?
>>
>>57928142

Cargo pants have a pocket for every decade you preserve your virginity.
>>
How do i make .gifs?
>>
So my motherboard has a USB c ports on the back of it and I was wondering what use can I make of it?
>>
>>57941466
Phones, thats it for now.
>>
File: 1281931064618.jpg (96KB, 408x538px) Image search: [Google]
1281931064618.jpg
96KB, 408x538px
>>57928142
I have a fat PS3 that doesn't read any discs. The little clock-wheel is spinning but nothing happens. I already restored the file system twice and factory reseted the console but still without sucess. Is there anything else I could do before resorting to try and change the laser lens?
>>
A few nights ago I asked for suggestions for a program to help me rip/download a whole set of fourms that is going offline soon, and I was suggested HTTrack.

So, I adjuisted the settings to the best of my understanding and had that running overnight, and it's still going 14 hours later now with 5gb downloaded and still going

Looking at what it downloaded, it looks like it mostly worked, with a few issues:

1. It downloaded a bunch of junk files and resources I don't need that's inflating the file size
2. For any thread or fourm section where there are multiple pages, I can't click the buttons to get to page 2, 3, etc from the downloaded index.hmtl file

Can anybody tell me what the settings need to be for those to be fixed? The fourm in question is http://monsterarchives.proboards.com/
>>
Lost my wireless earbuds, need a new pair for snowboarding and such. What should i get that isn't too expensive?
>>
>>57941875
>wireless
fuck off
>>
>>57941875
>wireless earbuds
You need a pair of wireless testicles too.
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.