[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can someone help my find different schematics for ps3 motherboards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: fsdfsdf.jpg (46KB, 335x352px) Image search: [Google]
fsdfsdf.jpg
46KB, 335x352px
can someone help my find different schematics for ps3 motherboards / internals

my problem : trying to fix broken ps3 because im bored and it was free. no standby light, attempt to boot results in triple beep and no standby light. determined it was psu, read that ribbon cables are typically the culprit, opened my ps3 up and there was no ribbon cable at all, different boards.

so i want to read up on the board i have to better diagnose it but cant find a schematic for a ps3 without a ribbon cable.

am i crazy?
>>
>>57928038
Do you have a multi meter? Start by checking voltages.
>>
File: caps.jpg (68KB, 564x685px) Image search: [Google]
caps.jpg
68KB, 564x685px
did you find some kind of model number on the board? something with like Rev. # on it or something maybe you can google that.

if you already got it open, be sure to check all capacitors since those are the most likely to break, and moderately easy to replace. There might be some liquid or brown discoloration around them if they do, so easy to spot.
>>
>>57928210
ya ive got a basic electronic repair/rework setup, ill go through the board but i cant even find an image of the board inside this ps3.

>>57928264
YES i definitely saw some discoloration / browning at the power switch board. so capacitors leak this brown substance out when they blow?
>>
>>57928526
Yeah if they blow they will leak the electrolytic fluid. It could also just be solder flux or just normal gunk though too, which is mostly harmless.

If you can get a jewler's loupe or a big magnifier, look through the caps near the browning. The PCB mount, surface mount, and polyester caps from my pic should be the most common. You should be able to find the culprit. The cap will be broken/burnt.
>>
>>57928613
hmm right it could just be flux, i didnt look too deep as i was mighty perplexed when i realized there was no ribbon cable on my particular board.

thank you for the info anon!
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.