[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>learn c++ >now i'm stuck... don't know how to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: Feautered-image.png (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Feautered-image.png
23KB, 300x300px
>learn c++
>now i'm stuck... don't know how to still learning

already know:

-Variables (pss)
-Functions
-Structs
-Class
-For,While
-cin,cout
-Vector,List

what should i learn? don't know what come now.
>>
inheritance
>>
Pointers
>>
start a project
>>
>>57924614 i did, i used to do some games in SFML but now i want to still learning more about c++
>>
>>57924591
- dynamic memory allocation. Be sure to learn how to use them right.
- Strings. Again, be sure to learn how to use them right.
- Regular pointers and function pointers
>>
>>57924591
Learn data structures and design patterns
>>
>>57924591
assuming you're talking about learning c++ specifically and already know programming
>>57924627
what this guy said, as in learn how it works and then how to avoid using it
+ templates

assuming you're learning about programming
>>57924650
this
>>
File: must_read.png (155KB, 505x381px) Image search: [Google]
must_read.png
155KB, 505x381px
>>
>>57924970 can you give me the link pls?
>>
>>57924591
The four attributes of OOP are: Inheritance, abstraction, encapsulation and polymorphism. Learn what each means and how to demonstrate each independently of each other and then move on the data structures.
>>
>>57924621
Read effective modern c++
>>
Might not what you want to hear but if you're looking for a systems programming, not specifically C/C++, consider trying modern systems programming languages like D or Rust.

C/C++ is really old and often cause a lot of problems due to programmer mistakes that are easy to make
>>
>>57925167
>using D
absolutely retarded
>>
pointers, references, the standard library, half life 3... that shit
>>
>>57925191
why? It's much safer than C/C++
>>
>>57924591
C++ is a meme language. There are almost no job listings for it. You're better off with Java, Python, or Javascript desu
>>
>>57925843
are you fucking retarded? C++ is the apex of languages that are on job listings. fucking meme spouting poo in loo sack of diseased fetus entrails.
>>
>>57924970
pls share
>>
>>57924591
Libraries
>>
>>57924591
>C++
You've got a LOT to learn buddy.

Look into OOP concepts like inheritance, polymorphism, and interfaces. And look into C++ templates.
>>
>>57927864
Nearly forgot, learn pointers, references, rvalue references, RAII etc. They're essential.
>>
>>57925098
>The four
I heard there were three.
>>
>>57924591
literally any data structure in existence
>struct!=data structure
>>
>>57925843
30k salary cap, enjoy
>>
Learn how pointers and memory work at a low level, it will save you a lot of time debugging. don't make the mistake I made and treat it like python lol.
>>
>>57925299
>It's much safer than C/C++
>>
>>57924591
Interfaces
>>
>>57925167
Stick to c++, and avoid these spastic tier meme languages
>>
>>57924591
Best way to learn is to work on a project
>>
Should have learned golang OP
>>
pointers
redundancy
inheritance
parallelization
>>
>>57930194
>>57924614
Absolute Pajeet-tier simpleton here. Where would I find projects I can help out with? I assume there must be a website; what's it called?
>>
>>57932888
There's a fuckton of open-source projects you can contribute to, lots of them are hosted on github.
>>
>>57924591
learn C instead, C++ is a babby language that is becoming worse and worse with every new version because the faggots in charge of it are pandering to javababbies.
>>
>>57924591
learn about IF. it's really useful
>>
>>57924621
Try using unique pointers with move semantics, templates, higher order functions and Qt.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.