[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I want to ask what's the "best" coding language,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: only tool needed.jpg (27KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
only tool needed.jpg
27KB, 500x377px
So I want to ask what's the "best" coding language, but that never ends well.

So, I have three real world questions for you /g/.

1. What is the most profitable (in the long run) coding language to learn?
2. What is the fastest coding language to learn from scratch and reliably land a job with?
3. What are the easiest and hardest languages to learn (even if they're only useful in a teaching environment)?

Do we at least have a consensus on these?
>>
>>57923593
>python
>python
>python, python
>>
>C for Operating systems

>C++ for fast applications/ can be used anywhere

>python Good for things that don't need to be fast like webdev
>>
>coding language
Stop calling it that.

>1. What is the most profitable (in the long run) coding language to learn?

Whatever you can get good at.

>2. What is the fastest coding language to learn from scratch and reliably land a job with?

Python, I know Python and got a job earning more money than I could with my master degree in civil engineering.

>3. What are the easiest and hardest languages to learn (even if they're only useful in a teaching environment)?

Easiest is likely Python. Hardest language might be Brainfuck https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainfuck

or whitespace https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitespace_(programming_language)

Whitespace might be harder to debug.
>>
>>57923680
>coding language
>Stop calling it that.

literal faggot here, what do I call it then?
>>
File: canteven.jpg (10KB, 300x248px) Image search: [Google]
canteven.jpg
10KB, 300x248px
>>57923691
Programming language
>>
>>57923691
programming language
>>
>>57923593
Probably java, its most sought after and a good starting step. Python niggers need to pipe down since its the very definition of a meme and will get you laughed at outside of /g/
>>
>>57923711
>java

hasn't that been dieing for like, 10 years?
>>
>>57923711
So many zero day java exploits.
>>
>>57923711
>Python niggers need to pipe down since its the very definition of a meme and will get you laughed at outside of /g/

It is the only language respected by scientists though. Any other language is seen as meme languages by scientists, including stuff like haskell that they like.
>>
>>57923772
FORTRAN is still used by scientists.
>>
>>57923725
>>57923749
>>57923772
Do you want to be employed? Neckbeards and gender-scientists might want their niche stuff, but most stuff is done with java in mind and you need to start somewhere and specialize in something later on.
>>
without a doubt, Groovy, for al three
>>
>>57923593

If you learn and are competent with Java and C# you'll always have a paycheque.

That of course doesn't make them the best, but unlike Haskell and other meme languages you won't starve while coding them.
>>
>>57923772
>Any other language is seen as meme languages by scientists
so retarded. do you even do any research? what level of education do you have?
>>
>>57923789
Oh yeah... forgot about Fortran. But that is mostly used by scientists with big data or that is calculating very complex stuff.

Only time I saw Fortran in university was in this sonar machine that measured fluids underground from soundwaves.

>>57923825
I did do some research, but I only have a MSc. I was of course being a bit facetious.
>>
>>57923680
Nah, brainfuck is easy, you just have to visualise what you're doing. Befunge and malboge though, they're hard
>>
Technically, SQL is probably the most reliably paying language and it's used by literally everyone, but while it's not a difficult language in and of itself, working with the people that need you to use SQL is probably the most frustrating thing ever.
>>
>>57923822
>If you learn and are competent with Java and C# you'll always have a paycheque.

Can C++ be used interchangeably with C# in this sense?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.