[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend of mine is convinced that having a motherboard and a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: wM2kdRat.png (55KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
wM2kdRat.png
55KB, 250x250px
A friend of mine is convinced that having a motherboard and a graphics card both from MSI will give you a 5% bonus in performance.

How can I prove him wrong?
>>
>>57923076
life isn't a fucking video game

looks like it gave him a 5% bonus in retardation
>>
>>57923076
Call him a retard
>>
Msi does use better quality components on their graphics cards and motherboards.
also asus is shit now from what ive seen
>>
>>57923101
>>57923105
What's funny is that not even MSI uses this fact for marketing purpose. I don't really know where he got this from.
>>
>>57923105
oh really, maybe you think just maybe the company would use inhouse products for testing and there could be a small increase in performance when used together?
>>
>>57923117
MSI products are in fact good, but I don't see why, using a MSI MoBo and a Gigabyte GPU, for example, would result in a performance malus.
>>
>>57923165
I like to go by how often I see ads that say "card doesnt work maybe you can fix" and then never buy that brand so far I havent seen an msi one yet
>>
>>57923076
>How can I prove him wrong?
You don't, you just leave him the fuck alone. Every time he brings it up you just smile knowingly and tell him that you're changing the topic because reason. If he finds out on his own, you can do the "I told you so" dance. Otherwise, he'll just double down on his idiocy. Real, scientific studies have shown that if people hold a belief they'll simply believe harder when presented with evidence to the contrary.
>>
>>57923279
But most of you faggots in this thread are wrong. I dunno where he is getting the 5% from, and on what, but he's not totally off base.
>>
>>57923145
>m-muh better transistors!
You are part of the reason why apple continues to scam their customer base.
>>
>>57923398
>I dunno where he is getting the 5% from, and on what, but he's not totally off base.
So you think that an MSI(tm) motherboard will recognise an MSI(tm) GPU and the two will synergize to give an MSI(tm) boost? That's a really interesting belief. I wish you luck in the mental health clinic.
>>
File: mfwtheypaytwiceasmuch.jpg (46KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mfwtheypaytwiceasmuch.jpg
46KB, 640x360px
>>57923076
Tell him to not pay twice as much for a 5% increase.
>>
>>57923436
Nowhere did I imply that notion. Please explain the irregularities in the mobo's below, which were usuing the same chip and memory config.
>>
>>57923165
I mean they're saying you use both. Most likely they oc the card and put a good cooler on it making it appear as if it's the combo. They aren't lying. You're getting your 5% boost.
>>
>>57923473
>Please explain the irregularities in the mobo's below, which were usuing the same chip and memory config.
There are differences in the performance of motherboards, which is well known and not being disputed AT ALL. Did you read the OP? If you did, what the fuck are you even trying to say?
>>
>>57923473
margin of error in the benchmark
>>
>>57923546
His friend might have seen a pic like I posted and got the wrong impression. Or he might see a particular model of gpu that is clocked higher than another, and drew the wrong conclusions.
>>
>>57923473
>thinking benchmarks don't have a wide range of misinterpreting scores
fuckoff eeeediot
>>
>>57923573
So it's in·con·ceiv·a·ble that the differences lay in the hardware for you? What makes you think the location and length of the memory system traces have would have no effect on performance?
>>
>>57923588
That may well be but then you previous post
>>57923398
>But most of you faggots in this thread are wrong. I dunno where he is getting the 5% from, and on what, but he's not totally off base.
Makes absolutely no sense because in that case the person in question is totally off base. Also, no anons in this thread have disputed that there are performance differences between mobos, we're contesting that there is any kind of synergy between mobos and GPUs from the same manufacturer which again means that your original post is devoid of all meaning and completely missing the point. Bonus points for the insults while not actually understanding the discussion you're entering.
>>
>>57923608
>wide range of misinterpreting scores
english next time, so maybe I can understand your autistic and pedantic arguments to my assertation that there are differences in performance between the same product
>>
>>57923634
>Also, no anons in this thread have disputed that there are performance differences between mobos
I retract that portion of my statement, apparently these two anons do
>>57923608
>>57923573
Please, the adults are speaking now.
>>
>>57923076
convincing an idiot of what he thinks is right is actually wrong. The U.S. just had an election that proved this is impossible what further proof do you need?
>>
>>57923117
I got a shit tier Z77A-G43 from MSI and it started acting up, eventually it wouldn't post at all. Fuck this, I'll stick to ASUS and Niggabyte.
>>
>>57923714
Could we just leave politics to /pol/? Please? Pretty please? There's no need to drag this shit into everything.
>>
File: guts1.jpg (3MB, 2000x2512px) Image search: [Google]
guts1.jpg
3MB, 2000x2512px
>>57923076
I can't say it'll give him a 5% bonus in performance, but I have literally no complaints about MSI.
>>
>>57923076
>>How can I prove him wrong?

Why would you? Just let him spend his own money.
>>
>>57923076
18 and older on this board please.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.