[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I came across two Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 processors. I inspected

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: gxJXkXm[1].png (918KB, 511x602px) Image search: [Google]
gxJXkXm[1].png
918KB, 511x602px
I came across two Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 processors. I inspected both of them and one of them looked fine but on the other one there seems to be some issue.

I don't have a way to test them as I don't have a compatible motherboard.

Picture is of the processor. You can see in the bottom left the thing seems to be broken. Is this fixable? worth fixing?
>>
it will work

you can take my word for that

after all, i'm an expert at judging whether a complicated piece of technology will work basing my judgement only on a picture

fucking retard
>>
>>57921716
sage
>>
It's fine. Half of the pins and components soldered on are extraneous anyway. A 64-bit cpu only uses 64 pins.
>>
if the pad is gone you'll need to perform surgery under the microscope
>>
>>57921678
It's a filter cap so it might do nothing, have marginal stability, or not work at all.
>>
>>57921678
Just bend it back and solder it.
>>
>>57921678
Give it back, Jamaal
>>
You might be able to solder it back on if you have a good quality hot air rework station around. Even then I wouldn't get your hopes up on it working.
>>
>>57922659
Gas yourself, you dumbfuck mouth breathing mongoloid piece of shit
>>
>>57922720
Edgy teenager is edgy
>>
>>57921678
>removes pins, decreasing their costs dramatically, and shifting it to motherboard manufacturers
>doesn't decrease cpu price in the process
don't you just love intel?
>>
>>57922980

IIRC it had to do with the amount of retards who couldn't put in a CPU properly and bending the pins then RMA'ing it.
>>
>>57921678
If you can solder it back without heat-damaging the CPU it will be fine.
>>
>>57923187
you're a fucking idiot for believing that
they did it to decrease manufacturing cost of the cpus, allowing them to sell them at higher profit margins.
which in turn forces mobo manufacturers to either lose profits or up their price as well
such a shitty company. fuck them.
>>
>>57923423
this, and it doesnt even makes sense, socket A days are long gone, when you would upgrade only the CPUs, doesnt everyone know just get a new mobo + cpu...

its more common that a mobo will fail and be replaced, so this scenario is even more wasateful...

wait, even with the upgrading of CPUs, second hand market keeps them in use... yeah mobo pins are just retarded

>>57923187
bent pin is maluse, no warranty, faggot
>>
>>57922980
Do you have any idea how much of a pain in the ass 2011 pins would be considering how small they have to be?
>>
>>57922720
Give it back Dontrell
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.