[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For all those non-NEET anons who work in some tech-related field:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: banana2.jpg (29KB, 259x318px) Image search: [Google]
banana2.jpg
29KB, 259x318px
For all those non-NEET anons who work in some tech-related field:
>What does your average work day (when you actually need to do something) look like?
>What sorts of things do you need to do?
>Does it require a lot of creative thinking, or is it a paint-by-numbers sort of thing?
It doesn't matter if you're the lowest-of-the-low codemonkey, or a project lead for some safety-critical system of a large buisness.
I ask because I'm a second year Comp. Sci. student with almost no direction, no personal projects to my name, and a steadily growing lack of confidence.
>>
File: 1480549200604.jpg (2MB, 2096x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1480549200604.jpg
2MB, 2096x3000px
>>57919239
i spend all day funposting
>>
>>57919329

This is a fun post!!
>>
>>57919239
I work as an IT technician. Most of my work involves basically dealing with Windows 7's shit (it breaks frequently, yet predictably), the rest of the time I'm in the warehouse repairing broken hardware. Fixing screens is the most difficult because my work uses all-in-one Lenovos, and the only way to the screen is through the chassis and motherboard.
>>
File: 1472707518860.jpg (129KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1472707518860.jpg
129KB, 1366x768px
>>57919239
>I'm a second year Comp. Sci. student with almost no direction, no personal projects to my name, and a steadily growing lack of confidence.
just watch more anime
>>
>>57919239
>What does your average work day (when you actually need to do something) look like?
It's very varied. Usually starts by me checking my issue tracker and figuring out what to continue working on.

In terms of work, it's a mix of responding to notifications/alerts, upgrading hardware, updating configuration, and making incremental improvements to existing subsystems. I don't really have a set work pattern since it mostly depends on what pops up that needs to be done.

>Does it require a lot of creative thinking, or is it a paint-by-numbers sort of thing?
I'd say it's a mixture. Some of it is just reading documentation and other menial tasks, some of it is creative thinking, some of it is just straight up planning and organization (e.g. planning out the specs and deployment strategy for a new cluster)
>>
>>57919329
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.