[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best laptop that costs less than $250? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: lenovo-ideapad-100s-w-g02.jpg (92KB, 775x500px) Image search: [Google]
lenovo-ideapad-100s-w-g02.jpg
92KB, 775x500px
What's the best laptop that costs less than $250? I'm trying to get something very cheap and underpowered to basically use as a tablet replacement, and after looking around picrelated seems like a good option, but I want /g/'s opinion.
>>
>>57918337
Buy a $250 ThinkPad. Very cheap and powerful.
Profit.

Any questions?
>>
>>57918498
I should've mentioned that I want something whose screen is smaller than 14" and whose battery lasts at least 6 hours
>>
>>57918513
Get the asus e202
Or the Asus x205ta, the model before it , these two have the longest lasting battery lifes on the market
>>
>>57918627
>Asus
>longest lasting battery lifes on the market
GodDAMN things have changed in five years
>>
>>57918337
Why are you looking to get a laptop as a tablet replacement and vice versa? Genuinely curious here.

t., laptop user replacing their laptop with a desktop+tablet setup.
>>
>>57918687
I've had a tablet in the past (Nook HD+ with Cyanogenmod) and I really dislike not having a physical keyboard because typing with an on-screen one as well as emulating games using a virtual gamepad was not a good experience for me. Also since it's touchscreen, the screen would always have distracting sweat smudges on it that always got in the way when I watched my malaysian smoke signals; it got really annoying having to wipe it all the time since touch is the only form of input it accepts out of the box and I sweat a lot.

Everything I like about tablets is present on modern netbooks (or I guess a lot of them are called ultrabooks, but I'm looking for their budget counterparts which used to be known as netbooks), and the additional stuff a netbook would have that a tablet wouldn't (physical keyboard and a trackpad so that I don't have to touch the screen everywhere) make them better to me than tablets.

I've replaced my laptop with a "desktop+tablet" setup too recently, but the tablet part that I'm trying to figure out is basically a netbook or Chromebook for the reasons mentioned above
>>
>>57918899
Ah, I see. I'm getting one of the surface pros that come with a type cover during next year's refresh. The "keyboard" looks super-dinky, but it's good enough for laptop usage for me, and it comes with a pen so you don't have to smear your fingers everywhere to use it. Good luck finding a nice net/ultra/etc. book.
>>
>>57918337
got a acer aspire one 11 for ~100€ just yesterday, wiped it, installed ubuntu and it's a pretty nice machine for what it is

keyboard is okay, touchpad is surprisingly good, screen is the usual you would expect with a tn screen, battery-wise shitposting on /g/ I'm currently at 85% with 11 hours left
>>
>>57918337
asus vivobook e200ha is basically an upgraded version of this laptop same price point bigger battery too
>>
Surface 3 (non pro)
>>
T420 on eBay.
>>
>>57919554
see >>57918899
>>
>>57918337

You're probably looking for a refurbed Thinkpad, a Chromebook, or a refurbed iPad Air 2.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.