[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the deal with "Chromebooks" Is the ChromeOS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: note 7s.webm (731KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
note 7s.webm
731KB, 426x240px
So what's the deal with "Chromebooks" Is the ChromeOS supposed to be an alternative to windows? android? Can i still use windows and/or android apps on it?

Is it worth getting one over an android tab/windows tab/regular laptop. I want to get one for my mother for christmas, and figured i'd get one for myself as well since my asus tab is about to die on me.
>>
Chrome OS is basically a toy. It's literally just for light web browsing and Google Docs.

Even Android is a lot more capable.
>>
>>57912483
ah okay, thx anon. Guess i'll just get her an android tab so she can watch netflix on it
>>
>>57912458
It was made for >>57912483 + the eldery, it just werks, learning how to use a computer and finally for a mobile cheap laptop so you can use outside without worrying much (but if you live in a bad neighborhood then you never do that)
>>
>>57912483

Only you retarded manchildren would call a computer that is functional in light-duty situations while being idiot-proof, impossible to lose data on, almost impossibly cost-effective, and dead fucking simple to manage as a fleet a "toy".
>>
File: 1368667036457.gif (610KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1368667036457.gif
610KB, 200x150px
>>57912483
It's more than enough to do some work that doesn't require specialized software. It's perfect for most students. Plus, you can now wave your grilled almonds and caramel special edition macchiato with vanilla syrup and cream supplement around me without me wanting to slap your stupid flamboyant queer face because when you inevitably murder my laptop with your homo beverage, my work isn't lost.

Meanwhile, you're too afraid to send your 1600 slave tokens gaymin laptop to get repaired because you don't want them to see that what killed your actual toy was a massive amount of semen pouring though the vents, onto the board.
>>
Chrome OS is just a Linux distro that auto-launches a web browser interface, while simultaneously recording and reporting all your activity to Google, as well as recording all audio 24/7 and video frame grabs when faces are detected in the vicinity and uploading all of it to the NSA free of charge (charges may apply).

Basically it's the epitome of botnet.
>>
I have an acer c710 that I installed debian jesse onto. I seriously love the thing, it's perfect to carry around the house to shitpost/browse on. I think I paid $200 brand new. I am considering ripping it apart to use in a project, but I kind of don't want to lose it. I even looked into getting another to use, but they're not cheap enough yet.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.