[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Apple soldering the SSD is because of threats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Do you think Apple soldering the SSD is because of threats like Louis Rossmann?
>>
>>57909630
Absolutely. This menace cannot be stopped unless you solder every fucking chip to the enclosure.
>>
>>57909630
This man is my personal hero
>>
Bullshit, they're making him tones of fucking money because of this.
A data recovery place would desolder every chip and transplant it onto something else, he just fixes what's wrong with the mobo and either pulls the data off the working board or fixes the device completely.
Apple literally can't and won't do any of this.
>>
>>57909630
If this is true then I'm never buying again. My 2012 Macbook Air has been a money pit due to planned obsolesce:
4 power cables (only 1 on warranty)
Battery replacement (new unti was 2013 spec and technically an upgrade too)
1 new SSD after base install + core programs + swap exceeded 100gb (256gb; Other World Computing; technically upgrade)
1 trackpad replacement

I was in NYC and got a quote from his shop at one point. The labor charge was insane but the service was friendly, prompt and erudite. The RMA made more sense in my case but +1 nonetheless.
>>
>>57909753
>buying apple products ever
>>
>>57909648

>This man is my personal hero

A basic no-life loser that gets his rocks off by being on camera and spewing his personal loser philosophies on life, the universe, and everything else is your personal hero, eh?

This motherfucker doesn't even eat hamburgers, hot dogs, and ice cream. How god damned un-American is that, seriously?

>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all
>>
>>57909630
They're making him lots of money.
>>
>>57909844
Maybe he doesn't want to be the fat American stereotype. I bet you don't even have your own apartment.
>>
>>57909630
he's going to get even more money since users need a fucking heat gun to upgrade their ram or ssd
>>
>>57909920
He says he isn't going to solder on components and risk fucking up expensive machines all for the sake of RAM.
>>
>>57909934
welp
>>
>>57909920
You can't solder new RAM chips on. Or you can, but it's a shitload of work because they have tons of pads. RAM replacement bill would realistically be like 500 bucks or something along those lines.
>>
>>57909630
the soldered route saves a bit of space compared to a connector, for board area or for ID.
>>
>>57909630
It's making people like Rossman tons of money.
>>
>>57910335
Good for him. I could not fix such complicated shit and my patience would wear thing.
>>
>>57909630
It's definitely a thing to consider.
>>
apple needs to start adding needless BGA pins to thwart the real threat to our freedoms: louis rossman

without disposable hardware, yuppies will have last-season's fashions to use as a computer, greatly impacting their mating cycle. it's already shown that white people don't have kids anymore, OP. Do you want non-consumer devices really hindering this any longer?
>>
>>57910350
It's not something one just "gets into".
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.