[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I take a poll of how many NEET there are out there? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0091.gif (497KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0091.gif
497KB, 500x281px
Can I take a poll of how many NEET there are out there?

How many are employed or unemployed and job hunting?

How long have you been searching?

I don't understand why job requirements are so specific. I'm proficient with x86_64 asm, c,php,obj-c. I think it would take me at most a week to learn anything yet I can't get anyone to give me a chance. They would rather hire that ruby dev that just graduated from bootcamp.

I'm not asking for ridiculous salary either, just $30k is ok, better than working at a grocery store.

Give me some advice here bro.
I'm thinking of buying a cheap android phone so I can get into android development, is that space saturated?

What's the reason for this? H1B? I don't understand how they can hire an H1B for cheaper than $30k.
>>
Do you have any work experience at all? Like anything including entry fast food jobs. Because is not, that's the issue. You may be more qualified but without work experience in general you're a liability.
>>
>>57909073
I've open source one of my iOS app but that was over a year ago. I don't even own a Macbook anymore, pawn that off because I was broke.

A lot of code I have written can't be open sourced. That's why I'm thinking of getting into android development so I'll have more stuff to show on github.

A lot of the asm and C jobs are ridiculous and I admit I'm not qualify for. But most programming is trivial to me at this point. They all want a guy that knows specific languages and frameworks.
>>
>>57909073
Just realized I didn't answer your question. I've never worked for a company. Mostly just freelancing and daytrading(gambling) to keep myself alive.

It boggles my mind that they would rather hire some rookie ruby dev than someone that knows x86 asm.
>>
Pajeets are flooding this country. We'll all be lining up in the soup kitchen soon.
>>
>>57909027
>How many are employed or unemployed and job hunting?
none.
everyone here is unemployed and not searching
or employed and advertising.
>>
>>57909315
>not searching
Why?
>>
>>57909315
Are there any evidence that shills come on this board to advertise?
>>
>>57909027

If you can't get a decent job in your field, just get certified to teach.

Teaching is stressful, but rewarding.

Like, not everyone gets to work in the field they went to school for. And if you can train to teach engineering or math and science, you will make a decent chunk of change.

I make about 50k a year after taxes, and I teach in a fucking cowtown in a high school with less than 200 students.
>>
>>57909390
I may consider it. I graduated with a bachelor in chemistry. I just can't imagine teaching kids.

I'm trying to find some qa testing position right now because people say it's easier to get hire than software dev.
>>
>>57909328
idfk i'm not one of them.
probably becuase they're 12?
>>57909336
you serious? look at the endless amount of advertisements on the front page RIGHT NOW.
literally linking to their products...
just becuase it is disguised as something else, doesn't mean it isn't an advertisement.
>>
fuck all the h1b
>>
>>57909027
>I'm proficient with x86_64 asm, c,php,obj-c
>just $30k is ok
Either you don't know what "proficient" means or you are full of shit.

>Give me some advice here bro.
If you are proficient with C, you should be able to land a $100k/year job with very little effort at all.

>But most programming is trivial to me at this point.
This is arrogant and immature.

Where do you live?
What kind of projects have you worked on?
>>
>>57909871
I live in TX.
The asm/c jobs usually require top secret security clearance or in-depth knowledge of linux kernel, embedded firmware, drivers, extensive EE experience.

My x86 asm skill is good enough to port any C code to x86 asm. Although I have a lot more experience with 64 bit than 32 bit.

Programming higher level is trivial once you've spent days optimizing asm instructions.

I'm not saying software development is easy. Designing the proper architecture is hard. I don't have formal CS experience so I can't answer their algorithm question, but I do know for example that lea is faster than add/sub.
I do know how to arrange instructions to minimize register dependencies.

There'a shit ton of special instructions and I don't claim to know them all.
>>
>>57909871
I'm not full of shit, just desperate. I'll take anything I can get. If you don't believe me, just throw me a piece of C code and I'll translate it to x86 asm.
>>
>>57910060
>My x86 asm skill is good enough to port any C code to x86 asm
>just throw me a piece of C code and I'll translate it to x86 asm

Any production-grade optimizing C compiler can do this orders of magnitude faster than you, and they can do it with no errors. Furthermore, the best ones are free.

If you're as skilled at assembly as you think, maybe you should look into reverse engineering jobs.

>I'm not saying software development is easy.
>Designing the proper architecture is hard.
Indeed.
>I don't have formal CS experience so I can't answer their algorithm question
I'm in the same boat.

I'd pick either software engineering or algorithms/data structures and study up.
The former might be a bit hard to develop skill with unless you have some real projects to work on, to gain experience.

Not sure if this will be good advice for you, but it's worked well for me: stay away from webcrap.
>>
>>57910215
The compiler is not as good as you think. But yes, you are right.

I'm not trying to find job that requires x86 asm. Those RE jobs are all with fed contractors and require extensive background checks and vetting.

I don't know who is doing the hiring but no experienced programmer would think, this guy know x86 asm/c but he doesn't know c#..throws resume in the trash.

I haven't apply for any webdev position. I don't even know what to do anymore. The only specific skill that I have is iOS dev but I'm too broke to buy a macbook and renew my dev license. Plus, I hate Apple.

I think I will buy a cheap Android phone and get into android dev.
>>
>>57910396
>Those RE jobs are all with fed contractors and require extensive background checks and vetting.
So what?

The background check/vetting is about finding out if you'd be easily blackmailed. They don't give a shit if you smoked weed a couple of times in high school.
>>
File: image.jpg (165KB, 1147x609px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 1147x609px
>>57909328

>why?

I put in maybe 20 applications, a few interviews but no job to show for it. I dont have any experience and am pretty shy. Unless I have a good chance of getting hired im staying NEET.
>>
freeter (part time job only)
>>
memeing too fucking hard, OP.
>>
Working in logistics atm.

Not the ideal job but about 35k€/year after taxes.

Spending my free time to make websites for small businesses and building an affordable workflow management program. I hope to finish it next summer, start to sell it and maybe get a better job with that on my resume.
>>
File: 1423785883351.jpg (1003KB, 2304x2304px) Image search: [Google]
1423785883351.jpg
1003KB, 2304x2304px
>>57909027
>I don't understand why job requirements are so specific. I'm proficient with x86_64 asm, c,php,obj-c. I think it would take me at most a week to learn anything yet I can't get anyone to give me a chance.
>Take a week
>Learn thing they're asking for
>Get job

I wonder what your next excuse will be
>>
File: me_irl.png (141KB, 790x465px) Image search: [Google]
me_irl.png
141KB, 790x465px
NEET here.
I've got 500K canuckbucks in my bank account. Rent is already paid for 6 months. Gonna spend it all on drugs and alcohol, then off myself with my shotgonne when it's all gone. Don't worry, I'll livestream it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.