[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to permanently, unrecoverably delete a bunch of specific

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: h.jpg (42KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
h.jpg
42KB, 400x267px
I need to permanently, unrecoverably delete a bunch of specific files from a magnetic HDD (ext4 filesystem). Can I trust tools like bleachbit or is dd-ing the entire volume the only way to be 100% sure?
>>
If you are legitimately dealing with some serious shit then why take any risks? Wipe the drive and smash it to pieces? If you are just being dramatic however then DBAN or other tools should have you covered.
>>
>>57905550
physically destroy the dive you stupid fuck face

and if it's not that serious then you shouldn't even be asking
>>
>>57905550
Give back the emails, Podesta.
>>
>>57905550
No, you'll go to prison and be rapped by a nigger.
>>
File: 1411571385504.gif (80KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1411571385504.gif
80KB, 800x600px
>>57905550
DBAN.

Or the good ol hammer will do the trick if you are really serious about it.
>>
You have to use thermite, it's the only way to be sure that the data is gone.
>>
>>57905550
>I need to permanently, unrecoverably delete a bunch of specific files from a magnetic HDD (ext4 filesystem). Can I trust tools like bleachbit or is dd-ing the entire volume the only way to be 100% sure?
ext4 is journaled, so even if you overwrite the files themselves with something like GNU shred, you have no guarantee of it being gone completely

your safest bet is to use dd
>>
>>57905550

We've already got the emails, Hillary.

t. Putin
>>
>>57905667
>Locked in a cell while your black inmate buddy force feeds you his broken English rhymes
THE HORROR.
>>
>>57905667
Ugh, I hate their out of prison rapping
>>
Can it get you in jail?

>yes
Physically destroy the drives. Ezpz way is to smash them up with a hammer, distribute waste in multiple locations
Hard but 100% guarenteed success way is to melt the platters into a liquid with either a blowtorch or a charcoal furnace

>no
Bleachbit will be fine
>>
>>57905550
>I need to permanently, unrecoverably delete a bunch of specific files from a magnetic HDD (ext4 filesystem). Can I trust tools like bleachbit or is dd-ing the entire volume the only way to be 100% sure?

Ok, I developed a good way to erase data permanently.

1. go outside, look under your car
2. get a metal file or a brush or something and scrape off about 1/3 pound of rust
3. go to your local paint store and get some aluminum powder
4. go home and mix the rust with the aluminum powder in a mix of 3 parts rust 1 part aluminum powder.
5. get a blow torch, I don't care how you get it
6. put your hard drive on your drive way, beat it with a hammer until it looks like a crushed soda can. Put it in your aluminum/rust mix shit into a clay or metal bucket with sand at the bottom.
7. get a long piece of metal like steel and heat the ever loving shit out of it with the blow torch until its red.
8. Touch the red hot end on the rust/aluminum shit
enjoy the fire works and don't look directly at it.
>>
>>57905614
>implying there are only two tiers of data sensitivity:
>1) criminal shit all 3-letters agencies are willing to spend $BIGNUM to recover
>2) fuck it, I'll just sell my drive on ebay as it is
>>
>>57905895
Should i tell them im getting the aluminium powder for a space costume?

Also you didnt develop thermite
>>
>>57906172
Thermite isn't illegal to manufacture just tell them you're making thermite
>>
>>57906497
Its a joke, so many places say to say you're making a space costume or something.
>>
>>57905823
>>no
>Bleachbit will be fine
Bleachbit worked just fine for Clinton's emails.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.