[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /g/. A friend recently told me about how these new coke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: o.jpg (49KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
49KB, 525x700px
Hey, /g/. A friend recently told me about how these new coke machines reported data back to the facilities. Data such as popular flavorings for specific sodas, just to be able to appeal to a bigger market. Anyway, that would mean that these things have wifi enabled, no? In theory, would it be possible to make a botnet out of these things? I assume the passwords are hardcoded and the same across all machines, so it could be automated.
>>
>>57901167
This is an example of how I don't mind a corporation getting my usage data.
>>
>>57901385
Well, the usage data part doesn't matter to me. I just wanna discuss how shitty the security on this probably is. Getting a raspberry pi for Christmas, so I'll test then, but for now, I can only fantasize.
>>
>>57901451
Nigga you realize they have a phone app that allows you to pre-load your mixes and then just load them off your phone into the machine right? You should probly start there
>>
>>57901494
I don't have a smartphone.
>>
>>57901494
Though that info is nice to have. Thanks, I'll look into it.
>>
>>57901167
Why the fuck do you care if Coke wants to know what kind of drinks you like? When you're an anonymous statistic your privacy is fucking irrelevant.
>>
>>57901167
>Anyway, that would mean that these things have wifi enabled, no?
Data can be stored onto the local storage.
>>
>>57901385
Unless you can pay with credit/debit cards, it's almost guaranteed anonymous by design.
I doubt anyone would mind usage data being send back
>>
>>57901167
Probably. If it has a CPU, memory, program storage, and an Internet connection, there is a potential to hijack it.

>>57901561
OP does not appear to be complaining about the statistical analysis, but rather, is trying to see if he can compromise the machines for potentially malicious purposes.
>>
>>57903727
>For coke zero, please enter your SSN
>>
>>57901561
Learn some reading comprehension, shit for brains.
>>
>>57901167
>A friend recently told me
So, your entire plan revolves around your belief that your friend isn't a retarded faggot?

Also, where do you live that these machines are common? I've only seen one for the first time last month.
>>
>>57903752
Confirmed retard
>>
File: mango_chutney.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mango_chutney.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
>>57901167
Somewhat related, the vending machine at my office has a credit card reader (similar to pic) as well as a small wireless transmitter attached to the top of the machine.

Been curious about it, but the whole building is under surveillance so I don't want to be seen dicking with it.
>>
>>57901561
Actually they probably can tell if you're at work or not just by the data.
>>
>>57901167
>>57904034
If the machines are networked I would suspect it's using something other than standard wifi.
>>
>>57901167
>Anyway, that would mean that these things have wifi enabled, no?
They could have ethernet ports.
>>
>>57903967
Learn some reading comprehension, shit for brains.
>>
Tap on Coca-Cola and press the hyphen, lowercase "o" and the lowercase "c" it will open up the employee menu. Then tap the user tab at the bottom tap technician then enter in the last 4 digits of the SAP number and the date (DD/mm) then you can configure the settings and shit from the inside.
>>
>>57901494
>current year
>constantly reporting your location to the nsa
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 959x721px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 959x721px
ahahaha my master botnet plan I'll infect the machines and make them dispense cherry vanilla coke even when they select regular coke!
>>
>>57904620
Why not just make it so it charges their credit cards twice and puts one of them into an account you control?
>>
>>57904731
The ones I've seen don't take money, but the syrup packs are a single unit replaced only by Coca-Cola so I wouldn't be surprised if it collected user data that way
>>
>>57901167
>I assume the passwords are hard coded and the same across all machines
Why would you think that? You can probably use your phone and some number the owner would have to get a real time authentication to fuck with major settings
These things are all only maintained by coke dealers anyways
>>
I've seen these machines before.
I would assume it would use the same connection as a point of sale terminal
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.