[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know much about so I need help, above a certain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: _20161208_122251.jpg (93KB, 720x727px) Image search: [Google]
_20161208_122251.jpg
93KB, 720x727px
I don't know much about so I need help, above a certain volume level the audio simply disappear, before that point the output is fine, no distortion or noise, why?
>>
>>57897246
How do magnets work?
>>
>>57897281
Channel your moms gravitational field lol
>>
is it possible to just have a reply, i already told i don't know shit about that topic
>>
>>57897303
How about you give us some actually required info first? Like, what device is this and whathave you tried so far. Maybe it's the potentiometer being broken, maybe the IC has some sort of overload protection, maybe the power supply says fuck you.

How are we supposed to know, anon?
>>
>>57897303
Why don't we skip that.
You want more power, don't you?
These chipamps usually accept a pretty wide range of input V and yes using the max will make it deliver more power.
(If it's connected right and operating ok in its range I'm guessing you have some protection kicking in.)
>>
>>57897246
pam8610?

"Over Current , Thermal and Short-Circuit Protection"
http://www.diodes.com/_files/datasheets/PAM8610.pdf

P.S. Very excited about indoor seating areas.
>>
ok, the amplifier is 12v 2x10w, I tried wiring it to 12v and surely enough ampere, from 1.5 to more or less ten times more without changes in the problem, it is connected with one left and one right speakers, I don't have much infos about them because 40 years old hardware, they are 4x6 and they should be 2ohms each (a guy told me 4ohms so idk)
>>
yes everything seems fine, just a step less of volume and it works without any issues, then completely mute without any noisy transition, so giving it 15v should help?
>>
>>57897401
The spec pdf says a heatsink is required for "high power output".
Also these low voltage chips are often dual bridge design and they don't like low impedance loads.
>>
>>57897445
No, that could fry the amp.
Having speakers with too low impedance can also fry the amp, unless it has a protection circuit.
>>
>>57897384
yes PAM8610, I'm poor
>>
>>57897445
No, try a heatsink first.
When it shuts down, how hot is it?
>>
>>57897470
Now it doesn't get hot, maybe the tension source it is wired to is slightly less than 12v?
>>
>>57897495
touching it I can't feel any difference with the ambient temperature, but I never tried keeping it on for more than 20 minutes
>>
>>57897523
If your speakers really are low impedance (<=4) I would try wiring them diffferently next.
Connect them both, in series, on one channel and give that a blast.
Although I read somewhere that these class D chipamps without caps and coils can get damaged if you turn them on without a speaker connected.
>>
>>57897569
they are going to work like a double impedance mono speaker, right? Do I have to use a mono aux then or I'll keep hearing both channels but in one?
>>
>>57897657
Don't you have other speakers to test the amp with?
Or use another amp to check to speakers: maybe theres something wrong with them and other amps will shut down too.
Some more info about those speakers maybe?
>>
>>57897785
The speakers are fine, they're wired to the radio too and no problems with it, the sound is still quite loud with the ampli, it reaches 3/5 of the volume control before muting, sadly I haven't more info because they're really old and I can't read anything on them or find info, they're the bmw factory one of half the seventies
>>
>>57897820
Ok. Looks like "This behavior is by design." from where I'm sitting.
Enjoy being a chipamp. ;)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.