[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got a new desktop with WIndows 10 after exclusively having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: windows 10.png (413KB, 1920x1080px)
windows 10.png
413KB, 1920x1080px
Just got a new desktop with WIndows 10 after exclusively having a Linux laptop for several years.

What do I need to know? Last Windows I used was 7. What needs to be enabled/disabled? Is Edge a decent browser? I liked Opera best on Linux.

I heard Windows 10 has Bash on it too.

Windows 10 general
>>
Congratulations on joining the botnet, my friend.
>>
Be more specific on what you want to do. Avoid the botnet? Maximize the botnet? To simply use W10 you have to do fuck all because it does everything itself.

To the point that it won't let you manage things without jumping through obscure loops.
>>
>>57890245
>>57890208
What's the deal with the botnet?
>>
>>57890196
look up and delete the spyware
>>
>>57890196

MS is watching you fap OP.

Are you ok with that?
>>
>>57890350

Telemetry... everywhere embedded to the kernal.
>>
>>57890196
Opera on Windows 10 is god tier.
>>
File: 1442879784616.jpg (49KB, 604x453px)
1442879784616.jpg
49KB, 604x453px
>>57892565
It keylogs, track running applications, snaps desktops, reads mic and webcam snaps all while obfuscating the fact from the user by doing it on such a low level.
Plus it's generally a hunk of junk when it comes to your own PC being your own PC that does exactly what you tell it to.
You shouldn't have to fight for control over your PC.
There's no major innovation beyond touch controls for its tablet interface.

Sparse kernel improvements or rewrites so what's happening under the hood is largely the same without much improvement.
No ReFS file system as NTFS is garbage on anything larger than 2TB
Uses significantly more resources to do exactly what 7 or 8 would have done.
DX12 is the only thing it has running for it.
So if you're not gaymen you might as well look elsewhere.
>>
>>57890196
>What do I need to know?

you fucked up
>>
>>57890196
edge is pretty damn good as long as whoever the webdev for the site didn't put in an artificial block for everything except the browser he prefers.
>>
>>57890196
Use 'o&o shutup' to disable everything recommended.
>>
Windows 10 does have Bash but you have to enable it first by going into Add/remove features and enabling the Windows Subsystem for Linux. Edge sucks dick; get Chromium.
>>
File: stallmemes.jpg (140KB, 744x420px) Image search: [Google]
stallmemes.jpg
140KB, 744x420px
>>57890196
>What Needs to be disabled
Windows 10
>What Needs to be enabled
GAHNOO + LOONIX
>>
>>57894243
</thread>
>>
File: 1478603120510.gif (3MB, 414x382px) Image search: [Google]
1478603120510.gif
3MB, 414x382px
>Opera
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.