[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>order book from Amazon on black friday >use brother's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: computerspy[1].jpg (32KB, 617x416px) Image search: [Google]
computerspy[1].jpg
32KB, 617x416px
>order book from Amazon on black friday
>use brother's (university student) account for free prime
>book was preorder at the time
>get tracking number today
>UPS notification in my no-name dicking around email address

I never entered any email address into my brother's amazon account. How the fuck did they figure out to send it to my other email?

>the botnet is real
>>
>>57887438
UPS could have cross referenced your Amazon shipping details with what was in their database. You probably entered that email on a previous purchase.
>>
>>57888072
*previous purchase not on
>>
>>57887438
Do you have a UPS account? they notify the day before delivery on all packages with tracking.
>>
>>57888089
Yes but I didn't enter the email associated with it into the Amazon account.
>>
>>57888120
It doesnt have anything to do with amazon. if you have a UPS account, UPS sends that email whenever you have a package coming.
>>
>>57888178
/thread
>>
>>57888178
But how did they figure out which UPS account to send it to without any direct input from Amazon? Keep in mind I selected the prime shipping option and all I gave was my name and home address for delivery.
>>
>>57889759
UPS has your address. When they scan it into their system, a bot scrapes the data and compares it with addresses that have UPS accounts tied to them. Then, once the pakage is scheduled to be delivered the following day, another script sends out an email to the email address tied to that account. Amazon doesnt have ANY part in this process that ends up with you getting an email from UPS.
>>
Bought a jacket from sport direct.
Then after a day I saw the same on suggested on ebay
>>
>>57889822
How do we take down the UPS botnet?
>>
>>57889874
not sign up for UPS accounts.
>>
>>57889885
>having a UPS account
literally what's the purpose if you're not a business?
>>
>>57891266
I don't even remember signing up for a UPS account.
>>
Just use temp emails for everything
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.