[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of voodoo magic do they do to insure millions of packages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: 2016-12-07 14_33_49.jpg (65KB, 1127x627px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-07 14_33_49.jpg
65KB, 1127x627px
What kind of voodoo magic do they do to insure millions of packages within 1-2 days. I'm baffled on how efficient they are
>>
>>57887185
Install TempleOS and find out for yourself
>>
You're paying for 2-day shipping with your Prime membership, so where's the mystery? Your membership pays for 2-day shipping. Do you understand, familia?
>>
>>57887593
Maybe if you order 1 product a month.

I order multiple things a week from Amazon, ranging from a few ounces to a few pounds and in some cases almost 100lbs when I'm ordering new tools or car parts.

I usually exhaust my 10$ for 2-day shipping within the first few days of the month.

But I'm a much larger consumerist than others. I enjoy a wide variety of things from collecting pens and pencils to working on cars with friends, video games, etc. I spent 400$ a month or two ago between like 9 different packages for new gear for my work.
>>
>>57887185
>voodoo magic
Logistics. There are 4 year degree programs that teach you how this works
>>
>>57887185
The army of internment camp labor.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quWFjS3Ci7A
Logistics algorithms and reducing the human element in recieving/picking/shipping.
>>
>>57887993
most people don't order that much. they might get a few things here and there but mostly use their prime account for streaming and stuff. All of their membership fees subsidize your power usage
>>
>>57887185
Have a huge network of storage centers to every area can be supplied with the bestsellers items.
And exclusive deals with delivery services with a high volume of pakages. (Delivery services can afford to shrink the profit margin if the volume is high enough).
>>
>>57887185
>since summer Prime Day
>bought 300USD of tools
>equipped a sex dungeon
>built a bicycle
>built a computer
>bought a full complement of backcountry hiking gear
>bought 50kg of dried foods
>created numerous .edu aliases
>gave myself referral discounts for each prime account
>opted for slower shipping on all of the above to get various discounts across the stores
>used a prepaid Visa card to run AWS Free Tier and never paid supplemental charges
>returned 8-10 items under Prime guidelines
>browbeat a Chinese counterfeiter into refunding an Apple charger without a return
\(^_^)/

Even if some people totally abuse them, they are going to destroy Walmart in the long run. I have a considerable amount invest in mutual funds, but I'm seriously considering buying stock at current P/E.
>>
>>57890579
When I skimmed over the post while scrolling, I thought it mentioned a sex bicycle, now I'm disappointed.
>>
>>57887185

It works, but at what cost?

I had a compnent I was waiting for since it was dispatched at 10 AM, it came by 6:30 PM and the headscarf wearing pajeet still had 20 deliveries on board apparently.
>>
Why were the Black Friday / cyber Monday deals such shit this year?
>>
>>57887185
>What kind of voodoo magic
Powered by the cartilage tear and tears of their warehouse workers
>>
>>57892185
black friday was only good for the first few years of online shopping

then people started acting like they do in stores, if something isn't on sale, they still buy it anyway
>>
>>57892193
>voluntarily take job
>expect me to feel sorry for you.
That being said. The delivery guy i have says amazon is great for business and is a cool dude.
>>
>>57892228
>don't take job
>die from starvation
But surely it is voluntary.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>57887593
>You're paying for 2-day shipping with your Prime membership

>tfw I get it next day with free shipping
>>
>Employer prevents you from starving
>Get mad at employer
If it's the only job you can find it's either your own or your government's fault. Not your employers.
>>
>>57892268
>what is a social safety net
>what are other jobs
>what is college
>what is trade school
Im Canadian so don't bother with the$50 million dollars to go to school arguement.

I don't work at Amazon nor am i starving to death. Gonna tell me it's my white privilege fuckboy?
>>
>>57892299
Yeah really, college is $4000/semester here

aka 3000 burgerbucks
>>
>>57892337
I can't tell if that is sarcasm or not. But that's really affordable especially with our studen loans and grant programs. And bc is cheaper than that even. UBC tuition is like $3k and it's top 50 schools worldwide.
>>
>>57892268
Welcome to life. Do you think you got here because your ancestors simply said "let's stay put and wait for our needs to be magically met"?

Wake the fuck up, in real life people need to be productive and that's where money comes from. It does not come from the government. It does not come from taxing the rich.
>>
>>57892374
It's not sarcasm at all

I attend college in ontario and I'm paying like 3500/semester after grants
>>
they don't insure the packages, OP. they just operate at a scale and with sufficient margins that they can eat the cost of a few lost, damaged, or stolen packages.
>>
>>57892278
This lol. Amazon is amazing, they deliver to me in 2 max 3 days despite the fact that I always ship using the free option.

Get good cucks.
>>
>>57892409
what's "getting good" in this context? living with your mom and dad who chose to live within a certain radius of a warehouse?
>>
>>57887185
Half the shit I order on Prime shows up late
>>
>>57892567
same. but for me it's entirely because the building i live in is hard to get into and the various couriers amazon employs (ontrac and the in-house amazon folks) tend to be lazy niggers about everything. if the building door isn't already ajar, they won't even bother to try to get in. i've had PirmeNow deliveries not get delivered because they didn't even bother to try the call box. i've left explicit instructions in the delivery instruction field to use it. nobody gives a shit.

and what's more obnoxious is that i live in a safe place (stanford). they could leave a computer monitor outside the building at the door and it could just sit there all day; nobody's going to steal it. but the delivery guy would be on the hook if it did get stolen, and he's just not willing to take that risk. if i could somehow communicate to amazon that i'm willing to take responsibility once it's at the doorstep, i'd totally do it. i've had really time-sensitive deliveries completely miss their window and that's incredibly frustrating
>>
>>57887993
>Maybe if you order 1 product a month.

Think of it like a buffet. Sure, there's the 500lb mammoths whose sole goal is to put the place out of business, but for every one of them, there's another that eats like a bird. Then the average eater that makes up the middle.

Same shit for number of packages sent/ordered.
>>
>>57892106
>I had a compnent I was waiting for since it was dispatched at 10 AM, it came by 6:30 PM
24 hour to your door service, what a time to be alive

>and the headscarf wearing pajeet still had 20 deliveries on board apparently
>but at what cost?
They keep drivers working full time, and they derive profit from the exchange due to their massive economies of scale.

Just sound and savvy business practices
>>
>>57887185
Sometimes the stuff comes a day late. If you call em they'll give you a 50% refund on the spot.
>>
>mom wants a dslr
>goes on sale on amajew
>600 dollaroonies
>charge to my credit card
>next day get an email saying that my credit card put a hold on it for being suspicious
>i approve the transaction
>pajeet emails me saying the dslr is out of stock and on 1-2 week "backorder"

thanks for ruining christmas pajeet
>>
>>57887185
>ordered a game from Amazon on Friday
>selected 2 day shipping
>expected to get it on Monday or Tuesday because of weekend
>fucking USPS delivers it on Sunday

I still wonder what black magic Amazon used to get deliver by game on a Sunday by the USPS
>>
>>57894832
>I still wonder what black magic Amazon used to get deliver by game on a Sunday by the USPS
it's called USPS. they deliver on sundays. i can't understand why people think amazon is doing anything "black magic"y here. it's like you people freak out when intersection lights change according to traffic rather than timeouts.
>>
>>57894849
>USPS deliver on sundays
They NEVER deliver mail on Sundays. It seems like the only time when they do is when you order from Amazon.
>>
>>57894909
stop being retarded.
>>
>>57894923
Meanwhile in Canada you're lucky if they deliver 4 days a week
>>
>>57894943
canada's population density is like a whole order of magnitude less than the US. i'd be shocked at the wastefulness of the canadian postal service if they delivered even 5 days a week.

and after some googling around, it looks like some canadians get post deliveries on sundays. so maybe you should try living in an urban area if you want the amenities that would only make sense in more densely populated places.
>>
i try not to be a dick and just do a couple large orders rather than buying one small item every other day. i don't fuck around with amazon or my isp because without them I would be fucked.
>>
>>57895444
you're paying for that service though, it shouldn't matter.

yes I understand there are people involved at some point, but they're not working for free.
as much as you care about the individually, the same cannot be said for them.
>>
>>57892278
>>57892409
>>57892417
I know of one warehouse about an hour and a half away, yet some how most everything is still shipped from the East Coast.

Probably because it was Black Friday I had a six day wait for one order. The other was going to be eight days but was delivered the same day as the other.
>>
>>57895444
I do the same, but I don't have Prime. I just collect gift cards until I get enough to buy $49 worth of items for free shipping. Was so much better when it was $25.
>>
>>57895751
>some how most everything is still shipped from the East Coast.
every warehouse doesn't have literally everything amazon sells. you're just getting unlucky in that the things you buy happen to be stored in places on the east coast.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.