[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for ideas for making an app. I'm experienced with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 64381034.jpg (560KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
64381034.jpg
560KB, 1800x1800px
Looking for ideas for making an app.
I'm experienced with C#, C++, and Java, but don't know where to start for mobile development for both Android and iOS.
Also looking for general inspiration for an app.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
>>
>>57874376
Make an app that gets you the fuck off this board
>>
>>57874376
make an app so you feel a bit less tired
>>
>>57874399
hahahah I cant stop laughing
>>
>>57874376
Xamarin is pretty much the way to go here

since you know C# already it should be quite easy
>>
>>57874399
/thread
>>
>>57874483
No it's not an option. Building native applications is surely a better alternative than some bloated processor consuming meme.

>>57874376
Use IntelliJ, basically it's just the same IDE as Android Studio, set it up nicely, choose your own fonts and etc. Try to familiarize yourself with the common Android directory namespacing, where do you put your Android activities, images, custom XML's,..
Also, bonus points for you if you learn to not hardcode colors and strings into the code, but rather writing them into the XML's.

Once you got that, start your own new activity. Learn the Android API. There will be a lot of stuff to grasp, but most common tutorials on YT show you how to build a simple activity. Set up your own content_main.xml design and try to play with it a bit. You don't have to have a perfect design, someone else will do the design for you anyways.

Implement some buttons with some custom callbacks, learn how to set up multiple activities and how they can communicate to each other. You can do so many options, obviously I am not going to write your application idea here.

You have to be creative and explore your inner Android.

So what next? Nice way for you would be to design your own API and implement it into your Android app. There's quite few frameworks (like Async-HTTP for Android) and they work really well. I believe you don't want your app to be offline, try to explore this field a bit.

At this point, you now have a fundamental knowledge of what to do next.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.