[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that the humble O'reilly unix / networking book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Reminder that the humble O'reilly unix / networking book bundle ends in 20 hours.

All these books for $15, which you can donate all to charity if you wish.

Considering pretty much all of these books cost way more than $15 each normally, this is an amazing deal.
>>
Oriley books are trash.
None of them are comprehensive enough to be a reference text, and most of them feel like the author was just recommending flavor of the week library shit that he enjoyed at the time of writing.
>>
>>57873312
i pirated them all and directly donated $50 to charity
>>
>>57873425
You can do that with Humble Bundle. I bought the YogsCast holiday bundle for $30 and chose to give $0 to ILGA.
>>
>>57873357
What would you recommend then anon?

I've had a quick look through Unix Power Tools and learnt a few things already, they seem useful for at least pointing you in the right direction of new concepts to learn about. Can't really comment on their comprehensiveness yet.
>>
>>57873474
Stop advertising and buy a self-serve 4chan ad so I can block it.
>>
>>57873515
I'm not trying to shill, it's just an insanely good deal consider how much these books usually cost and I assume lots of people on here will be interested.
>>
>>57873661
>insanely good deal
aside from one or two books, most of these books are just skirmishes and you would gain more reading the official GNU documentation for bash, coreutils, sed, awk, make, and other useful unix tools.
GNU documentation is very well written.
>>
>>57873312
>>57873357
It's O'Reilly u twats
>>
>>57874213
fuck off marketer
>>
why have none of you cowards posted the mega yet
>>
>>57873661
>good deal
>expecting me to pay for 1s and 0s
bittorrent says hi you fucking pleb
>>
>>57874330
>physical products
>expecting me to pay for atoms
shoplifting says hi you fucking pleb
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.