[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Torrent client

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: Tixati-logo-icon.jpg (9KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
Tixati-logo-icon.jpg
9KB, 500x260px
Which client should I use and why? Currently using Tixati
>>
anything but that
>>
>>57866972
rtorrent
>>
>>57866972
>Currently using Tixati

Why do you want to move away from Tixati? I switched to it a few months ago and it's been a lot better than the previous clients I've tried. Transmission is also a good choice. Just avoid anything that uses libtorrent, like Deluge, qBittorrent or rtorrent. libtorrent libraries are full of bugs, one of the more notorious ones being a bug that causes your torrents to stall permanently.
>>
Tixati 4 life homie
i have a friend who still uses uTorrent because he "doesn't care" about the malware and bloat
hes also a 20 year old NEET that got a 1500€ computer from his mommy
>>
picotorrent is really quite nice, no bullshit, does its job, and doesn't take forever to start downloads the way tixati has a manner of doing
>>
>>57868574

It's libtorrent based. See >>57868535
>>
>>57868628
deluge made a number of changes to libtorrent that aren't replicable solely by config tweaks, like lying about what pieces that client currently has, lying about connections and others in order to get the tracker to assign more peers and increase per-peer connections. deluge also abuses the ever-loving-crap out of memory, since it doesn't use the system memory manager and, at least last i looked, their home built caching system was horribly broken (that is, they goto-failed their own manager) which leads to horrible flush to disk scenarios that kill speeds.

picotorrent follows vinalla libtorrent sources not bound by releases and keeps their c++ as close to windows api as possible, with the only dependency as libtorrent, and boost and openssl, because libtorrent depends on em

i dunno mate, i've had hundreds of torrents running in it and never had stalling issues that qbittorrent suffers from, or deluge
>>
>>57868696

Deluge is not the only client that has reportedly produced the stalled bug. I think it's safe to assume that any client using libtorrent libraries can be affected.

>i dunno mate, i've had hundreds of torrents running in it and never had stalling issues that qbittorrent suffers from, or deluge
>"it just werks on MY machine!"

Right, so that invalidates anybody else's experience with the client? Just because the bug hasn't hit you (yet) doesn't mean it never happens. You should know better than to offer up a reply like that.
>>
>>57868769
>google search for "picotorrent" and "stalled" or "stalls"
>absolutely no results in first ten pages
>google search "tixati" and "stalled" or "stalls"
>immediate first three links are about it stalling or hanging
>>
File: atgatt.jpg (13KB, 167x175px) Image search: [Google]
atgatt.jpg
13KB, 167x175px
>>57868769
>>
>>57868535
This, so much this!

Tixati or Transmission, or maybe an old version of uTorrent.

Anything libtorrent based is shit.
>>
>>57866972
transmission headless with remote client
>>
>>57866972
I don't use clients that promote ponyshit.

>>>/mlp/
>>
File: 1472948378130.jpg (199KB, 900x427px) Image search: [Google]
1472948378130.jpg
199KB, 900x427px
>>57866972
>not running transmission remotely on his home server
>not controlling his torrents remotely using his Android smartphone and/or his Windows, Mac or Linux computer

Excuse the fuck out of me, I thought this was 2016, not bumfucktime-limewire-kazaa bullshit year ayy
>>
>>57866972
Just use Transmission.
>>
>picotorrent

just no. it lacks too many options
>>
>>57872122
it's shit on windows
>>
Tixati is best, freetards lose again.
>>
Halite.

I consider anyone using something else an imbecile.
>>
Aria2
>>
File: logo.png (25KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
25KB, 256x256px
I just want them to add categories for torrents, then I'll use it.

Otherwise it's quite nice
>>
>>57872395
Just tried it and got "an unexpected error occurred" when rechecking some torrents

TRASH
>>
I use Put.io for everything and it's the best ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>57866972
uTorrent 2.2.1 because it's still the best, even to this day, no adware, no miner, lightweight, no stalls and widely accepted by private trackers.
>>
>download 18gb bluray rip on qbittorrent on home connection no problem

>try to download it on seedbox running rtorrent
>get no peers or seeds

hmm
>>
>>57872063
what
>>
File: joystream.png (172KB, 1045x1285px) Image search: [Google]
joystream.png
172KB, 1045x1285px
>>57866972
>>
>>57872574
>things that never hapened
>>
>>57872653
looks like a scam
>>
>>57872674
Literally still happening right now. I can't explain it. My only option is going to be to manually upload the file to the seedbox myself so I can seed it from there, because there's no way it's going to download it on its own it seems.
>>
rtorrent + rutorrent on a bare metal server.
Haven't had a local torrent client installed in a year.
>>
tixati master rece
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.