[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All free software is worthless If it wasn't people would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: PSA.jpg (27KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
PSA.jpg
27KB, 700x525px
All free software is worthless

If it wasn't people would be making money out of it
>>
What is RHEL?
What is Canonical?
>>
>>57866349
I don't know, some shitty Linux "companies" struggling to stay afloat without donations?
>>
K.
>>
>all
Plain wrong
>>
Why are street shitters shitposting more than usual?
>>
>>57866251
so tell me OP how many times have you "payed" for software instead of pirating it and wishing it was free?
>>
but people make tons of money out of free software

in fact, if you consider websites (which have javascript on them) as software, then very close to all software that exists is free (and most of it ad-driven))

>>57866801
RH had over 2 billion USD revenue in 2016, with total assets valuated at over 4 bn USD
Canonical had 65 million USD revenue in 2013, which isn't nearly as big, but still not too shabby. Certainly orders of magnitude more than what my company makes (which is all closed-source non-free)
>>
Free is magical word. When there is something like "free" most likely it makes more money than paid shit.
>>
>>57866251
Despite this thread being super bait, I am still gonna mention that Libre office is good and useful. And the reason why they can't make money out of it, is because they know that win cucks like you are conditioned to eat up any shit microshill pushes down your throat
>>
Only free if you time is worthless, and your output is worthless. Especially for traditional desktop computer work, like CAD, graphics, word processing, game development, etc. All the stuff that Linux is useless at.

Surprise! The stuff that its good at is paid by the Linux corps. et al., ie, paid development.
>>
>>57866938
>which have javascript on them
Most javascript when it's delivered to browsers are nonfree derivatives of free libraries.
>>
>>57868386
>game development
>stuff that Linux is useless at
Isn't "coding" one of the few points you're supposed to concede in order to pretend that you know what you're talking about?
>>
>>57870019
no, he's talking about the negatives only, which is an argument.

and yeah cons outweigh the pros for the 80 percent or more of people.

and yeah every fork of linuxbuntu has pre-blender 2.5 tier UI
>>
>>57866251
Lots of people earn money from free software. Free as in freedom, not as in gratis.
>>
>>57866878
President Narendra Modi and his modernization campaign to give more of them access to computers.

Which ends up in shilling for proprietary shit.
>>
The statement is stupid and worthless, such a nonsense like this could be spoken only by a man who sees a computer the first time in his life.
>>
>>57870167
>he
okay yeah sure bud who is definitely not the same guy
>>
>>57870277
he is right though.
>>
>>57866251
That's not entirely true OP even though often it is.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.