[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Morning Lads I work for a company that sells and sets up home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: email1.jpg (15KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
email1.jpg
15KB, 640x480px
Morning Lads

I work for a company that sells and sets up home security systems. If an intruder tries to get in or a fire starts or something like that, which triggers the alarm, the customer gets notifications per App/Email/Phone call.

Most customers don't want notifications per App, because they're old and/or don't have a smartphone. Phone calls are also not prefered, only god knows why. So most customers want to get notifications per email to a list of people.

So every security system gets and unique email adress. Only imap to send a notification, nothing else.

Now what I am looking for is a provider, that let's you register email adresses without two-factor authentification such as verification code per sms.

We recently had the problems that for example google and yahoo don't let us register any new email adresses, because we already did so dozens of times.

I told my boss to just let me set up a own email service but he said he want one of "the big providers", because it'd be safe and even if we one day would go bankrupt, the email-adresses of the security systems would stay.

Sooo .. tl;dr: Need Email service with registration w/o two-factor-authentification, which is most likely there for the next 10 years.

Any recommendations or experience with that problem?
>>
Tell your boss that he is an idiot and setup a damn mail server. Even if you want to use the "big" ones you still need to pay.
>>
>>57863621
Until now he just wanted me to register "free" ones.

When that failed he told me to use one of my VPN (wtf, fuck no). Then he told me to use my personal phonenumber for two-fac-auth (wtf!?).

He's a moron I guess .. but I have to keep the job so I have to come up with something ..
>>
Wait, why not just use one email in all systems that sends notifications to the mails of the clients, why does every system must have a seperate one.
>>
>>57863676
Theoretically, the customer with system no1234 can just open the interface of the system, log in as admin (in germany you have to hand those data over) and see the imap data. and by imap data I mean user and pw of the email provider in plaintext. So user with system no1234 could then see the sent notifications of user no6789, or login into the mail account of the email provider and change the pw. noone would ever get notifiactions again.
>>
>>57863709
How the hell can the client do that?

Why are passwords even stored in plain text?

Why don't you know the difference between IMAP and SMTP?

Why not just use a mailing API?

How the fuck do you even have a job?
>>
>>57863652
Just buy VoIP tel numbers, register gmail with them
>>
>>57863765
Man calm down, I'm studying and only try to make some money to live off.

The systems don't have open api's.

The passwords aren't stored in plaintext but when you login to the systems interface it gets decrypted and is THEN shown in plaintext, not style="password"

I know the difference between IMAP and SMTP but that doesn't change anything, see >>57863709
>or login into the mail account of the email provider and change the pw. noone would ever get notifiactions again.

I know all that is shit but still I have to come up with something ... I seriously considered proposing teknik.io
>>
>>57863813
Why even show the mail login to the client? What business does he have seeing it? Just keep it in a separate file.
>>
>>57863836
We can't do that. We don't develop the systems nor the interface. We only sell and set them up.

As I said, in Germany you have to hand over all the login data anyway.
>>
>>57863589
Who the fuck doesn't want a phone call if someone is trying to break into there house. Like do they just want someone to waltz right in and steal their shit?
>>
>>57863901
I have no fucking idea. People are shit, really!
>>
>>57863865
I am pretty sure that you don't have to provide sensitive company data if it's stored on the device.

IMAP is for accessing emails on the server, it is not for sending emails, that is SMTP.

If you need separate accounts that go to a fucking mail/hosting provider, it's cheap as shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.