[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pyg/ Python General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

/pyg/ Python general

Help and discussions about the Python language, libraries, homework etc.

Language tutorial
>https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/

Web development frameworks
>http://flask.pocoo.org/
>https://www.djangoproject.com/

Machine Learning
>https://www.tensorflow.org/

What are you working on, /g/?
>>
>>57855325
What would you suggest for a small project? Django or Flask?

I don't have that much experience with Python but i have worked with Golang and Nodejs
>>
File: 1475617415852.gif (110KB, 330x287px) Image search: [Google]
1475617415852.gif
110KB, 330x287px
>>57855325
>What are you working on, /g/?
Thinking about what to work on.

I already did everything I needed in Python, there's nothing left, as far as I know...
>>
>>57855501
Django - if you have no / little experience in python, because the framework will make a lot of decisions for you in terms of the structure, managing the application's state etc. It's still a good framework even if you are experienced.

Flask - if you want to control every aspect if the app, chose the libraries you use and configure them to your liking.

If you want to hit the ground running fast, I would suggest Django.
>>
>>57855325
>Help and discussions
Oh don't give me that twoddle! I came here for an argument!
>>
>>57855553
There's always something you can do, if you are interested, anon.

1) Learn a new library
2) Contribute to your favourite library
3) Build your own library and publish it for everyone to use
4) Contribute to the language
>>
>>57855615
>1) Learn a new library
I have no need for that right now.
>2) Contribute to your favourite library
I do not have any favorite library and the ones that I use are pretty much completed, they won't need my help
>3) Build your own library and publish it for everyone to use
That would be nice but there's nothing I can think of that may be useful for anyone, and I can bet there will probably exist a complete library just for that task
>4) Contribute to the language
And getting a "Won't fix" just like anyone else? Besides, I mainly use Python 2 now.
>>
File: 781d3_argument-monty-python.jpg (14KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
781d3_argument-monty-python.jpg
14KB, 400x302px
>>57855570
>>
>>57855325

Can Python help me calculate the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
>>
>>57855569
Sounds good. I really just want something rather simple that i can just use for testing and for building my knowledge base with Python.

I am rather new to the language, but have programmed in several other languages. Would you say that it's better than Go for web?
>>
>>57856023
I have no experience with Go, but I definitely prefer it over anything I have worked with for web development (PHP, Java, node.js).

The reason, why I like Python for this is that
1) I don't need to wait long time for the code to compile and be packed to see the my changes deployed to the browser
2) Python has very powerful monkey patching, that is useful for unit testing and test driven development, if you are into it.
>>
>>57856006
numpy is popular for scientific calculations in python community. You might also try Tensorflow. In theory, you could define your calculations there and then have them run on GPU.
>>
>>57855325
TF on wangblows when
>>
>>57856439
Now, but only with Python 3.
>>
>>57855325
So what are you guys working in Python?

I am working on an anon chatroom that allows people to join and chat without having to signup or use a name (They can use a name if they want)

This chat webapp will eventually have rooms that the users can create for free. I will be like irc but in the browser, and without actually needing a username or anything.

This may have been done but this is just a side project that i want to work on in my spare time.
>>
python is great but it's such a fucking hassle to use packages

i don't know whats wrong with me but outside of anaconda (occasionally) i can never get any packages to install right. i'm about to install linux just to get over this stupid shit i just want to use pygame.
>>
>>57858356
Are you using a framework or something to do that? How are you going to handle the networking side / server hosting? Client/server or p2p?
>>
>>57855325
I'm thinking about building my own custom taskwarrior clone because of reasons.
Thing is I've mostly been fucking around learning/experimenting and have very little knowledge of the standards in open source project. I'd like for it to catch on a bit, would be cool if there'd be some contributors/feedback but not really sure how to go at it:
- Total 100% TDD or just start working and build tests when the foundations are there
- Google style guide or strict PEP?
- Same for comment
- For a relatively small app/api like this, first draw up ideas and specifications or get a working base system and improve from there?
- Would people expect either a custom storage/db driver, small 3rd party (tinydb-like) or full established solution (sqlalchemy) for such thing
- Any standard mistakes on first OSS project?

Maybe I should try and get involved in someone else's project first, but it's so difficult to read yourself into 5k+ lines of code with sparse comments and no structure description
>>
>>57858550
I am using my friends server, and on the backend i am using Python with Django and of course JavaScript on the frontend.
>>
>>57858540
pip install x has never failed to work for me unless there are missing dependencies
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.