[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/ 603015/security-experts-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: gears.jpg (64KB, 1090x821px) Image search: [Google]
gears.jpg
64KB, 1090x821px
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/603015/security-experts-warn-congress-that-the-internet-of-things-could-kill-people/

So on a scale from 1 to 10, how retarded is this whole internet of things concept? The more objects you have connected the more vulnerable you become. Eventually were going to have medical devices and automotive vehicles being comprised causing death.
>>
File: IMG_0080.png (35KB, 996x258px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0080.png
35KB, 996x258px
There's nothing inherently wrong with the IoT in itself.

It's the fact that the majority of the market has utterly failed to set and enforce adequate security measures.
>>
>>57851046

>there is nothing wrong with an idea that will necessitate that companies hire hackers to find security flaws with a toaster

there is something fundamentally wrong with the idea. it's the product of mental illness.
>>
>>57851077
>Security is too hard, let's just give up on this whole Internet thing.
>>
>>57851106
To be fair security is pretty hard. You will never design something is bulletproof. I do understand what you're saying though. People neglect security because they think it's too difficult so why bother. Convenience always trumps security unfortunately.
>>
>>57850998
The single greatest threats to a smart infrastructure are the Windows monoculture and a proliferation of underfunded, incompetent in-house IT departments.
>>
>>57851194
>proliferation of underfunded, incompetent in-house IT departments.
Humans are and will always be the weakest point of any system. Even if you do have a competent IT staff it only takes 1 user who could literally be anywhere to expose you.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.