[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Apple pretty much the only ones who makes a 16:10 laptop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Why are Apple pretty much the only ones who makes a 16:10 laptop? A more square aspect ratio on laptops is both a hell of a lot more functional and aestethic. Who decided that 16:9 should be standard on a format that's cramped for space to begin with?
>>
3:2 is superior.
>>
>>57843321
keyboards are wide
therefore laptops are wide
dont try to argue because those bezels will betray you every time
>>
>>57843371
I know, but good luck convincing normies that. At least the Macbook is already popular. I'm glad that Microsoft are using 3:2 on everything they use and their Surface line is quickly becoming more popular.
>>
>>57843375
...you do know that 16:10 is only taller and not wider than 16:9, right?
>>
>>57843321
Panasonic Lets Notes are pretty popular with Businesses in Japan and they have 16:10 screens, DVD drives, 22 hour battery life in something the size of the 12" Macbook but have the same thickness as a rMBP (17mm). That circular trackpad is fucking horrible though unfortunately.
>>
>>57843371
>3:2 is superior.
And yet who apart from Apple uses 3:2 in their tablets?
>>
>>57843321
For compatibility with widescreen broadcast and production streamlining? The old 4:3 displays would approximate the eye's FOV better, but eye movement is better suited to lateral rather than vertical.

The 1.6:1 ratio displays have more usable area, even with a smaller diagonal. They also yield one less panel for every 10 16:9 ratio displays you can make. I miss reading on displays with some height to them.

>>57843408
16:9 tablets are dreadful. One thing I hope the tablet and convertibles will usher in is more 1.6 and 1.5 ratio displays for laptops and desktops, if not 4:3.
>>
>>57843538
Apple tablets use 4:3, Microsoft uses 3:2 in all their Surface stuff
>>
>>57843559
Eh, I feel that 3:2 is the best middle ground between 4:3 and 16:9 if you're using it for both work and multimedia. It's also the best for photography since RAW files from cameras are 3:2
>>
>>57843522
i seriously hope you aren't this retarded
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.