[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Three days asked and nobody has answered. Long story short,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1476812178644.jpg (58KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476812178644.jpg
58KB, 720x960px
Three days asked and nobody has answered.

Long story short, I am coming into a free MacBook. Not sure if it's an air or a pro. It's brand new unopened.

Is there any way to track it or anything if it's brand new never opened or used? I've never heard a company using pre-OS Mac address identifying or anything. Am I safe? Id like to try Mac but chances are im just going to load some Linux distribution on it.

Please respond.

>I'm not Jamal.
>>
Stop selling your boipucci for apple hardware.
>>
>>57842979
He said it was free though

Just sell it on OP, make some cash off it.
>>
>>57842962
>Is there any way to track it or anything if it's brand new never opened or used?

mac and windows are both spyware
>>
>>57842989
Honestly this, sell it for 95% the asking price of one from a store.
>>
cool story brony
>>
>>57842962
Are you the same Anon that sucked dick for an iPhone by accident?
>>
>>57842989
I need a computer really bad though. I sold my old 5820k/980SC last year because I was in a pinch at the time and have been computer less since.
>>57842999
Checked.

I just want to know what the risks are. It's been 2 months since the box arrived and not one form of contact was made to retrieve it and nobody has claimed it. It was address less as well. It just exists as some mishap by another companies shipping department.

I don't want to be properly tracked. I'm not worried about replacing an HDD/SSD if they brick it. But can/does apple Brick devices from a BIOS level? If I immediately load Ubuntu or arch on first boot up and overwrite the hard drive, am i good? Just how Jewish is apple exactly.
>>
>>57843065
>I just want to know what the risks are.
As long as you're not doing anything illegal the risks are not having any privacy from Apple. Or getting a virus, which Mac and Windows are riddled with.
>>
>>57843025
>>57843065
No this will be my first apple device ever and -only- because it's free and I plan to use Linux with it.
>>
>>57843065
You could buy something with much better specs (except not with the same battery life) than the MB by selling it on for great profit.

I'm not saying you don't have to not have a laptop, just get a better one.
>>
File: tmp_800114729690724021072781396.jpg (34KB, 312x321px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_800114729690724021072781396.jpg
34KB, 312x321px
>>57842962
>not posting in an sqt
Wew laf
>>
>>57843097
Buddeh. Apart from a curiosity of using macOS for like a week, I only plan to run Linux on it.

>>57843108
Most windows laptops require quite the pretty penny to get a quality device, actually. Buying an 800$ i7 laptop with 16gb of ram isn't going to last more than a year or two. It takes a hard dollar to buy genuinely good windows gear that will LAST.

>>57843119
My OP states that I've been asking in SQT threads for days now with not a single response.
>>
>>57843098
>I plan to use Linux with it.
Plan for troubles, then.
The WiFi probably won't work and the fans will run flat out, or not at all. I don't think any distro has proper drivers for Retina screens.
The last Linux distro that properly supported Macs out of the box was Yellow Dog and they've moved on. Long-term support, my ass.
>>
>>57843764
That hurts my balls. Oh well. I'll do my own research on it. I'm not sure if it's a MacBook, MacBook air or MacBook pro. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.