[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

guys, once again im coming back to an old idea: i hate that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: wallup-254798-2.jpg (820KB, 3200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
wallup-254798-2.jpg
820KB, 3200x1800px
guys, once again im coming back to an old idea:

i hate that news outlets can disable comments under their articles (and youtube under the videos), so i want to make a legally and technically bullet-proof website where you can comment on content that's hosted elsewhere.

yes, i know, everybody and their mother already had this idea, but nobody fuckin executed it so far, so fuck off.

yes, i know, this soudns like reddit where you submit links and comment.
and admittedly, it would have to work somewhat similar like reddit as in: comments can be rated and are sorted by that rating

but the biggest different to reddit is: this would be aimed at the MASSES, meaning everyone (yes leftists too) who are angry that they cannot express their opinion because someone pushes cultural marxism in a video but conveniently disabled comments.

im fairly versed with computers, i could write this all by myself, but it would take a long time doing this alone, so i'im asking for help.
(not only looking for coders, looking for marketers and generally intelligent people too, we need a name for the project, think where best host it etc)

it would be financed by donations that go 100% to the workings for the site, i think we would easily get those once the sites becomes popular and people actually use it to share and read opinions..
>>
Why not just discuss it on a website where the majority of the users share your opinions? That way you will not need to worry about having to use logical reasoning or having your feelings hurt.
>>
Here's a bump
>>
>>57839986
It already exists http://genius.com/web-annotator
>>
>>57839986
>I want to do this
>but I need help to do this
I will help you out if you prove you've done anything on your own so far
>>
>>57839986
>i hate that news outlets can disable comments under their articles
Why? If I start a website then I should be able to moderate it in any way I want. Why would that bother you? Why would you care?

> i want to make a legally and technically bullet-proof website where you can comment on content that's hosted elsewhere.
>comment on content that's hosted elsewhere.
Why go through all that trouble? Either find a site that you like or start your own site with your own content.

> this would be aimed at the MASSES, meaning everyone (yes leftists too) who are angry that they cannot express their opinion because someone pushes cultural marxism in a video but conveniently disabled comments.
You mean like every 4chan-esque site out there?

You want to make another 4chan. But instead of the users generating their own content you generate content based on the content of other sites...?

Your idea, as you presented it sound silly. You don't like how your favorite site (Reddit) moderates. Then find a new site (upvoat, 4chan, whatever). Or if you are feeling industrious, then make your own 4chan. But making something to keep your shitty comments on youtube or reddit from being deleted ridiculous.

>im fairly versed with computers, i could write this all by myself, but it would take a long time doing this alone, so i'im asking for help.
There are a lot of butthurt people out there, so that is good for your endeavour. But you would probably have better luck recruiting on twitter...at least for the task you are trying to accomplish.

Good luck
>>
>>57840284
i havent

because what's the point starting to code something while i have no idea what i actually want at the end?

some essential questions need to be answered first, and their all interconnected.

how to prevent from legal takedowns? how to prevent from technical takedowns?

but tbqh i think those are "luxury" problems we can solve later.

the remaining questoins are, what infrastructure should be chosen, ie LAMP or something more modern?
>>
>>57840399
so you want people to voluntarily donate their time to a project when you haven't even worked out if it's possible yet, are you dense? you seem like an ideas guy who never actually gets anything done because he refuses to do the work himself? why should people help you if you're too lazy to even start the project or at the very least work out the details?
>>
>>57840446
well i doubt you could contribute anything helpful anyways.

im asking on /g/ because people more versed in current web development tech might chime in and give me some tips on what software to make this run on.
>>
>>57840480
considering I have encryption and decentralized projects on github ranging from 50-200 stars I'd say I could help (not posting github since it's linked to me personally) you actually do some work for the project i.e figuring out what needs doing and I'd be willing to contribute but you've started recruiting for a project that might not even legally be possible - I mean you say you want a place where people have freedom of speech, what happens if someone posts links to CP or hate speech or someones dox - legally that could cause trouble at this stage it isn't even a project it's an idea, get it to the point that it is a project then ask for help
>>
File: gtg.jpg (269KB, 960x1311px)
gtg.jpg
269KB, 960x1311px
>>57840480
>im asking on /g/ because people more versed in current web development tech might chime in and give me some tips
Always start with the logo. No one here will take you seriously without a logo.
>>
>>57840543
how about:
general hate speech is allowed
cp should be banned
dox should be banned
>>
>>57840399
I will make the logo
>>
>>57840616
>cp should be banned
>dox should be banned

Then what's the point of this?
>>
>>57840616
legally hate speech is a grey area and in some cases could lead to servers being seized/frozen, same applies to death threats or even jokes about shooting up a school - free speech in most cases leads to feds monitoring and logging users activities - have you even thought about this or how to counter it?
>>
>>57839986sage
>"Wahhh! Why can't I force privately owned servers to provide themselves as a platform for my shitposting and conspiracies?! Muh free speech!!"

Fuck off
>>
>>57840063
>Why not just discuss it in the hugbox echochamber safespace
To hear my own opinion parrotted back at me? For what purpose?
>>
>>57839986
>im fairly versed with computers, i could write this all by myself, but it would take a long time doing this alone, so i'im asking for help.

By this I can tell you are not fairly versed with computers. I can setup this service in literally 40 min. And I'm not even a web dev.
>>
>>57840646
To prevent it from being taken down you could just host it in a country that doesn't give a fuck about such laws. People who post would still be under their own country's law though but you could fuck with their law enforcement by not keeping any logs that would be of use and well, frankly, if you're under a "no fucks given"-jurisdiction you don't really need to give them any logs anyway. But yeah, best not to save any logs in case they would just hack your server.
>>
just for OP this is cara at 11 years old
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.