[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ I have a saltwater aquarium next to my setup. I was thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3518.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3518.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
/g/ I have a saltwater aquarium next to my setup. I was thinking of water cooling my pc using the saltwater. Is it possible? How could I do it? (Pls no Bulli)
>>
>>57839786
The salt would corrode the entire water cooling system. And if there was a failure, salt water conducts electricity a lot better than distilled water, so you'd most likely destroy your whole rig.

Generally just a bad idea.
>>
>>57839786
>"Pls no Bulli"
>that desktop, setup, fully meme fish tank

end yourself.
>>
Your computer already looks like a fish tank so just plug all holes to prevent leaks, fill it with salt water and it should be all good.
>>
>>57839786
probably a bad idea, but i like your setup, anon
>>
>>57839786
How do you even sit at that desk?
>Feet kicking window out
>>
>>57839786
that's pretty aesthetic desu senpai. i would put the computer on the side though for feet room
>>
>>57839786
step 1: get rid of that horrible window on your case you fucking moron
>>
>>57840358
just put the feet on each side of the monitor
>>
>>57839786
It needs to be clear of biological stuff that can grow. It'll ruin your radiator
>>
>>57839786
You had to add a pump just to get the water moving from and to the tank. Plus you'd have make something custom, where the salt water would only be used as an heat exchanging tube (never touching the actual setup) and have a mini-cooling system with actual distilled water to make the heat transfer from the CPU to the salt water.
>>
Terrible idea anon. Water systems in general work better when using water with low total dissolved solids (tds) values. Water evaporates with usage, leaving the tds behind. Tds accumulates, and can eventually precipitate out, clogging and damaging equipment
>>
>>57839786
Install gentoo
>>
>>57840709
don't forget to wear stockings too
>>
File: lq bait.jpg (2KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
lq bait.jpg
2KB, 100x100px
lol, have fun if you get the most minor leak.
>>
>>57839786
>no bulli
we have to bulli you for this one, holy shit
>>
sounds like you want a mineral oil computer. obviously you cant put fish in it: http://imgur.com/gallery/NcChG
>>
>>57839786
Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.
>>
>>57844410
i was gonna say just do this or something, and put it next to the fishtank
i just think the whole things stupid, though
just get an AIO, OP, you'll save like $500 anyway
>>
>>57839786
You think the fish are going to swim down the hoses and around the loop?
>>
>>57839786
That tank is quite sad.
>>
>>57839786
You think your fish are going to want to cool your computer for a stupid fucking retard running Windows 10?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.