[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /g/, here's my issue. I currently have an msi z77a-g41,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Alright /g/, here's my issue. I currently have an msi z77a-g41, running an i5 3550, an hd6950, and a single DIM of 4gb ram, because only one slot works (I have another stick of 4gb, leaving me with 8gb total.) Fixing all the problems with this PC would cost me a hefty amount that I really don't know I want to pay atm.
So, do I:
- Upgrade graphics card, and get a 16gb stick for my single working port;
- Get new mobo in order to use the 2x4gb sticks, and upgrade graphics card;
OR - Get new mobo, get another set of 2x4gb sticks, AND upgrade graphics card.
>>
>>57839047
reeses are total garbage and if they are in there you might as well throw the whole bowl away
>>
>>57839070
Skittles are even worse m8

M&Ms are the only thing worthwile in this pic
>>
File: 0.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>57839070
What the fuck
>>
>>57839070
>>57839144
>>57839198
Please help me this is not about the candy
[spoiler]Skittles > M&M's > Reese's[/spoiler]
>>
Get a single 1x8 stick and a new GPU (rx470 480 or gtx 1060) and then save for a rebuild down the line when the processor isnt good enough, which is a while. And get an SSD
>>
>>57839047

That's disgusting. Allow me to explain.

>take a handful
>throw a few in your mouth
>chew
>horrible, gummy, combination of sour apple sugar taffy, milk chocolate, and stale processed peanut butter
>vomit
>>
>>57839070
>>57839144
>>57839198
>>57839228
Reese's are god tier you plebs.
>>
Well, like in most cases, it depends.

What do you want to achieve?
Better game performance? -> New graphics card
Constantly running out of RAM? -> New Mobo and use your other 4gb stick
Constantly running out of ram AND want better game performance? -> Well figure this one out for yourself
>>
>>57839228
Never make a thread with an image more interesting than the op.

We have a general that's pretty quick to answer this kind of shit. What the hell is wrong with your mobo that the slots don't work?

>>57839262
I agree that's why I said what the fuck
>>
>>57839262
M&Ms >= Reese's >>>>> Shit > Skittles
>>
>>57839304
I have no clue what's wrong with the motherboard. Maybe shorted or something. I've reset the CMOS, reset the CPU, unplugged-plugged back in the mobo power shit, and have tried using other slots and shit, both sticks work, it's just that only one slot will work. I have no clue. I'd much rather just fix the problem but I've practically given up on trying to fix it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.