[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My grandma (79) needs a new smartphone. Her current is a Motorola

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: priv.jpg (386KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
priv.jpg
386KB, 1920x1080px
My grandma (79) needs a new smartphone. Her current is a Motorola Milestone with BIG launcher, Whatsapp, Gmail, and Öffi.

She always had CM6 on there with Android 2.2 and it worked fine for years, but fucking Whatsapp is dropping support for <2.3. I installed CM7 with 2.3 on it and it's buggy as hell. The worst part is my grandma thinking she did something wrong and it's her fault when the phone suddenly locks up and eventually reboots...

I think she really needs that physical keyboard, typing with her fingernails. She will try out a stylus on a 5x tomorrow.

Is the Priv a good phone? What does /g/ think?
>>
and BIG Dialer of course
>>
File: blackberry-mercury-800.jpg (70KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
blackberry-mercury-800.jpg
70KB, 800x500px
>>57837948
she needs to wait 2bh
>>
Just get her an iPhone like all the other old people.
>>
give her a rooted motorola Z and every time she gets confused you yell at her
>>
>>57837948
I like priv but it could be too confusing for her. Get her an iphone.
>>
>>57837971
what's this one called?
>>
>>57838107
it's not officially named yet, codename is Mercury though.
>>
>>57838050
>>57838087
she doesn't understand smartphones. Look up BIG launcher. It's a very dumbed down interface which she can't "break" by long-pressing or stuff like that. Having all those preinstalled apps on her homescreen would confuse her.
>>
Get a new grandma instead
>>
>>57838142
With that launcher priv could be a good choice. Just make sure to disable "confusing" features such as productivity tab.
>>
>>57838197
+1
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.