[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a huge moron. I can't believe I fell for this meme.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: me_irl.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
me_irl.png
463KB, 1070x601px
I'm a huge moron. I can't believe I fell for this meme.

I just spend 3 DAYS INSTALLING SHIT. VirtualBox would crash again and again installers would not work, I had to put up with 10 MB/S READ SPEEDS FOR FUCK'S SAKE IT"S A GOD DAMN SSD

Virtualization is a meme. You might run your stupid server on a Xen hypervisor 10 times slower than normal, but that's it. Don't try to set up your desktop environment in a VM.

If you want to use windows and pirated software, you have to risk it. There's no way around it.
I'm not going to spend the rest of my life debugging VirtualBox and buying more RAM to make AutoCAD and Office work.
>>
>>57837841
Please stop being retarded.
>>
Drop the windows meme. Linux with KVM for maximum comfy.
>>
>>57837841
>If you want to use windows
found your problem
>>
>>57837910
HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ACTUAL WORK WITH SHITTY """"FREE"""" SOFTWARE.
>>
>>57837977
you aren't doing work. You aren't using AutoCAD and Office. You're just dicking around and/or trying to play vidya.

If you did work with AutoCAD and the like, you'd be doing it on the Windows machine your employer provides and not giving a shit, because it's theirs and all you do on it is work.
>>
>Don't try to set up your desktop environment in a VM.

No shit. There's dual booting for that.
>>
>>57838036
I want to keep the Windows system offline because of the risk of malware from the installed torrents.

That means I will have to reboot every time I need to look something up on Google.
Not to mention that the malware could easily read/destroy the Linux partition.

If you can provide me a decent solution to this problem, I'd be really happy to go through with it.
>>
>>57838104
>malware from the installed torrents
>>57837977
>ACTUAL WORK

If you weren't a dirty amateur, you could actually pay for your software, including Siemens NX if you wanna CAD on Linux
>>
>>57838153
The full software I need for a side project costs $40k with all the toolboxes.
So no. Even it it was my job, I wouldn't be able to afford it.
>>
>>57838228
>The full software I need for a side project costs $40k with all the toolboxes.
>not able to afford it

Bretty sure overthinking is involved somewhere
>>
>>57838104
>malware from torrents
You don't download cracks from torrents. You just don't.

And even if it comes with malware, why would you care if it's not your main system as you said? It's not gonna install an ext4 driver and fuck with your Linux partition.
>>
>>57838273
yeah, but how do I deal with the lack of internet access?
I can't wait for windows to reboot every time I need to google something.
>>
>>57837841
What did you expect? All Hypervisors are slow as fuck at the very least, and buggy as hell in case of KVM and Virtualbox.
>>
>>57837841
Psssy.
Google LXC.
Google docker.
You're welcome.
>>
>>57837841
>If you want to use windows and pirated software, you have to risk it.
>risk it

WTF which risk?
I use Windows,Office and other shit since +-10 years.
>>
>>57838295
Use a laptop, tablet, phone? How else are you going to do it without a seperate device?
>>
>>57837841
I get 450MB/s with virtualbox inside a windows 10 vm which is certainly 90MB/s slower but still workable. Your problem is between the chair and the monitor.
>>
>>57840555
I didn't find any reasonable explanation as to why I get such a slow disk I/O, and I spend hours working on it.
After a 3D CAD application started crashing due to lack of modern OpenGL, I decided to just give up.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.