[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /g/ First time posting here, hope this is the right board.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 998_0_w84.jpg (52KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
998_0_w84.jpg
52KB, 300x225px
Sup /g/
First time posting here, hope this is the right board. Pretty sure this will be a fresh question for you though.

How would one go about damaging someone's hearing and/or audio device over VoIP?

I am using a messenger on android that automatically adds contacts from your address book on your phone, while I don't utilize this feature, many people who I don't even fucking know have unwittingly revealed that they have my phone number stored on their address book. I wish to discourage such behavior (I am pretty sure someone is passing my number around thinking they are some 1337 7r01010).

Now, it just so happens I can access this app on my PC, and I have a pre-amp and a line-in.

My idea was to get a sample with a lot of pop, maybe a baseball getting hit. Raise the gain in audacity, pre-amp it and play it over line-in at the max volume on my rockbox't XDUOO X3.

what do I want from you guys?
>sample suggestions
>alternative methods
>advice on what kind of protection phone speakers might have
>advice on whether or not this is actually feasible
>>
>>57835861
Suggestion: try this first with a second phone you own. If your ears get fucked, you now are sure to have discovered the correct method.
Kys faggot.
>>
>>57835934
right, because i didn't think of that at all before asking for advice. did you eat a bottle of spastic pills for breakfast?
>>
>>57835992
>breakfast
Yet another retarded 'murican.
Let me help out then: the speakers of mobile phones will never emit sound louder than the threshold defined by the user. So no, unless your target already has his phone on a deafening volume level, your genius plan will not work. Happy now?
>>
>>57836053
ok 1, not a merrytard.
2, see you are capable of actual input.

3, are you positive it sets a threshold? i always thought it was scaling. is there different cases between VoIP apps and actual phonecalls?

you know like when you play what, basically any game online on pc, there is always that one guy with some absurd microphone gain, like your game will be normal level, all other players will have normal gain on their mics and this one guy literally shakes your eardrums whenever he uses the mic. you telling me phones don't work like that?
>>
>>57836146
The thing is, you can make a loud af screech but if the phone volume is max it wont be able to be any louder than that. It comes down to the phone, if the user has his volume cranked, or if he is wearing headphones. I would make a file of you saying "hello hello hello anyone there" then add the loud af screech or whatever a couple seconds after that so the perosn getting ear fucked turns their volume up trying to hear you after first. They could be calling you through skype on their pc and then you could really fuck their lives up. You just need to think of the logistics and test it a couple times before deploying the full attack.
>>
>>57836239
now we are talking

this reads like you've done this before
>>
>>57836146
The reason that one guy is capable of extreme gain is because all non-retarded players set normal gain levels (which reduces clipping), which forces everyone to increase the output level of the voip application. Phones are different as the output level is based on classic phone calls (and another class of microphone) which are already boosted compared to voip calls. If you feed in a boosted and/or preamped signal into a voip app running on phones, it will just clip, and won't produce any significant jump in output volume.
>>
>>57836266
Just watch a couple scary popup videos. Youll get the idea.
>>
>>57836275
so if the sound clips, does that mean there is an optimal gain level because if i were to go overkill with the gain it would just end up clipping all of the sound resulting in no playback?

what would you reccomend sampling for a big midrange pop?
>>
>>57836304
Clipping occurs when audio is to loud for the input/output device to handle. It just sounds like crappy audio. Overkill on the gain would sound a bit like really bad mp3's. As what sample to use: most people tend to hate high pitched metallic sounds.

Just remember: you won't be able to damage anything or anyone; the best you can hope for is giving folks a jump scare and getting them pissed off as fuck.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.