[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g/, Does anyone know some software that can: Play MKV through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 4AKFD90.gif (2MB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
4AKFD90.gif
2MB, 500x490px
Hi /g/,

Does anyone know some software that can:

Play MKV through the web browser from a local source.
Sync the play across multiple clients (4 in this instance)
Allow 1 client (admin) to play / pause / etc. for all clients while not allowing the other clients to do this.

Preferably with a login, but it's not really needed. I've looked everywhere but I can't seem to find any working solution.
>>
I guess you could use some remote desktop client. Get them all to connect to your computer, fullscreen the video, and deny them keyboard and mouse access. Or you could just share your screen on Skype while they all call you.

If they're in the room, just don't give them a keyboard.

I'm pretty sure Garry's Mod can do this too.
>>
>>57835291
where's that from
>>
>>57835999
Find/make an online streaming service like twitch but less anti-fun.
Use OBS and/or other streaming software to capture screen or video player.
If you need remote control use remote desktop and/or ssh.
>>
>>57837307
That was meant for OP.
>>57835291
>>
>>57835291
Cytube

Upload shit to google drive if you need to.
>>
does that mcpvcmcmc mepia player that uses a server-client scheme able to operate in such a way?

>>57837307
so you want to decode a video, reencode and send over the net? hehe, theres probably a way to make a javascript/flash browser player thaht accepts remote commands, and the transfer of video could just be that of the already encoded one OP has, just like any videoplaying site does, no need to strain the server.

>>57835291
>while not allowing the other clients to do this.
elaborate on the whole setup, but also on this line
are the other clients remote PCs with keyboard and mouse?

about the bigger picture, whats the scope of what youre trying to achieve, you just need a quick way to present some videos? local or over the internet?

or is it going to be for a project and therefore you can waste time and money on an efficient setup?

check out JWplayer, they started as a free flash videoplayer and are now javascript i think,
https://github.com/jwplayer/jwplayer

you will probably just have to er-encode your videos to VP9 (webm),

>while not allowing the other clients to do this.
you just dont want client changing server playback right?, if JWplayer works for your case, clients can still pause their own playback, but youre already trusting clients to not close your site so idk what level of control you meant
>>
>>57837267
you must be 12 nigga
>>
>>57838968

Essentially, each month I will be using content from PTP or BTN to share with four plus people.

The idea is that they all watch in sync and VoIP will be used to communicate while viewing.

While PTP and BTN all have .mp4 solutions, which I could get working as I need, they tend to be lower quality. The reencoding loses a lot of quality too.

What I think I'm going to do is run the video file locally on the server, and then use some sort of web conferencing software to allow each person to connect to the server (www.server.tld/webconf) and then watch it through there. I'm not sure of any self hosted solutions for this right now, but I'll take a look.

I suppose that might hamper the quality, but it would be relatively simple to rabb.it - which is what I've been using before.
>>
>>57838740
What this nigga said. You can buy a google drive account with unlimited storage off of ebay for ten dollars

>>57839169
You can remux mkv to mp4 without reencoding
>>
>>57839169
>While PTP and BTN all have .mp4 solutions
PTP BTN torrent trackers?
have mp4 solutions for group streaming? what?!?!?!
>>
>>57839467

Quite often, both PTP and BTN have a torrent for any given movie or TV show in SD / MP4.
>>
>>57839169
>rabb.it
fuck, "startups" website are so disgusting

>rabbit lets you share... (lots of buuzwords filled paragraphs follow)
"so its a videochat?"
https://www.rabb.it/about
>More than just video chat.
>We’re bringing people closer together.
fuck, those words make a coherent phrase, but don't really explain anything

>>57835291
so you just want to watch a movie with your friends? but the other 4 ppl are sick of the lowQ from a videochat?

there really is no alternative that will be better, if you cant preupload from your computer to their computer, you cant expect your cpu to reencode in real time using less bps

cpu = quality / bps

so unless its a condo and you can stretch ethernet cables around, you will have to transmit the preencoded format, and if you still want to watch the super HQ mkv, you're gonna have to redownload or reconcode to something the clients can play... but

>mp4 solutions, which I could get working as I need,
what could you get working with MP4 and not MKV?

are they using smartTVs that cant play mkv?
or is it because youre thinking web browsers
just use a standalone player instead

you dont even need to setup an rtps server, most media players can play files while they are downloaded by your browser

i think what you should do is check that your tracker has the same media release as 123movies, then you have each client start the download from 123movies, open the file on the media player.

then you use remote keyboard input to pause on all computers

and if you need it to be grampa proof, you can just have them open shopwmypc so you can setup a proxy and ssh servers so you can remote launch mediaplayer, and access 123movs from their IP to generate th correct links from openlod/goog

>>57839327
>You can remux mkv to mp4 without reencoding
sure, its just a container, but do devices that dont play mkv, play the codec(s) that are usually used with mkv contained media in tororents? (i realize thats a somewhat unanswarable question)
>>
>>57840107
>sure, its just a container, but do devices that dont play mkv, play the codec(s) that are usually used with mkv contained media in tororents? (i realize thats a somewhat unanswarable question)

99% of the time it's x/h264, which most devices play these days.
>>
>>57840107

rabb.it basically lets you set up a room, where the host has control over a RDP server and you can watch netflix or browse the web in a group. It's a good idea, but the quality suffers due to the US based servers for me.

The idea is for the web browser since, the viewers will change each month, and I want it to be easy for the other viewers. I don't mind uploading / reencoding if needed, but the viewers probably won't enjoy having to install or setup anything their side.
>>
can't believe no one has suggested plex yet
>>
>>57840428

Plex doesn't do sync play across multiple clients.
>>
>>57840648
you could probably make an easy mpv script that listens to an API, and plays and pauses when that API changes. changes in the API would be made from a simple post request.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.