[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anyone know any good TI-84 programs that will do derivatives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: 71RH7Vj8FUL._SY355_.jpg (17KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
71RH7Vj8FUL._SY355_.jpg
17KB, 355x355px
does anyone know any good TI-84 programs that will do derivatives or integrals and output the answers in exact form. Like the derivative of ln(x) would come out as 1/x, or integration of x comes out as x^2/2 instead of showing decimal values?
>>
>>57826840
>needing a calculator to do the most basic integrals

Try the program that makes you not fucking retarded.
>>
Try taking a calculus class.
>>
>>57826840
you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>57826878
>>57826890
>>57826891
i'm not doing basic integrals i'm in calc 2 those were just easy examples i thought of off the top of my head. lol you guys need to get laid.
>>
>>57826840
Just use Wolfram Alpha on your phone.
>>
>>57826840
>He needs a calculator program to help him with integrals and derivatives

Have you tried not being a fucking moron? Learn how to do it yourself. That's the fucking point of the class you're taking. If you can't do it without a calculator, what's the point?
>>
>>57827019
i can't use that during a test
>>57827059
whats even the hardest integral you can think of lol
>>
>>57826918
>Tis but a farce
>>
>>57826840
Get a TI-89.
>>
>>57827164
you're a fucking idiot. i was just giving an example on what kind of output i was looking for.
>>
>>57827123
Why is that relevant? Unless your professor is an idiot, you will never have to solve an impossible integral. My guess is that since you're allowed to use a calculator in Calculus, they might be. It is unlikely that you will also encounter that in any field with applications of integrals.

You won't ever be presented with an integral in your course that you cannot solve by hand. Take the time to study derivatives and integrals and stop wasting your money by cheating yourself out of learning an essential skill for any engineer.
>>
>>57827297
yeah exactly keep talking out of your ass
>>
>>57826840
Drop out brainlet
>>
>>57827551
it looks like you people just dont know and only know about graphics cards and anime
>>
>>57827610
If you can't handle basic calculus then you shouldn't be in stem.
>>
>>57827297
This.

If you really REALLY want, you can plug in the integral/derivative into your calculator over some value(s) and get the decimal value. Then solve it on your own and plug that function into your calculator over the same value(s). Then compare the two decimal values you got. If you get the same answer, you're more likely right than not.
>>
>>57827643
what are you so angry go cry faggot
>>
>>57827710
i'm looking more for something to find integrals and derivatives to help me in the middle of problems like partial fraction or integration by parts problems so that isn't really what i'm looking for
>>
There is this amazing software called octave that can do what you want. It is freehand open source and has literally been the only reason I passed all my engineering courses (I just finished my first semester yay Xd). What I did was I went to an older freind and told then my problem and they suggested octave to me. All I had to do was hug him for 20 minutes.

Now I see you want to take it into the exams, and you can do this. Have you heard of Gentoo?? It's an amazing Linux installation that can run on anything. Look up the TI port of Gentoo. It's on the wiki. Then you can also bring in games for when your done and need to waste time.

Xoxo
>>
>Can't do integrals
give up OP, the computing field is not for you
>>
>>57827915
that sounds interesting, wish i'd known about that a long time ago.
>>
>>57827915
Eat shit.post real suggestions beside ti 89
>>
>>57827842
Just do the fucking integrals then dude. If you're at the point where you're using more complex methods you should be able to do the things you've learned in pre reqs.
>>
Hey OP, post the problem you can't solve. I need a good laugh.
>>
File: 5c.png (6KB, 376x247px) Image search: [Google]
5c.png
6KB, 376x247px
>>57828061
>>
>>57828137
Real??
Nigga that ain't hard.
>>
>>57828137
Go back to middle school you hack
>>
>>57826918
>not doing basic integrals
>I'm in calc 2
Kill yourself.
>>
>>57828150
>>57828157
>>57828196
show your work :)
>>
>>57828213
Partial fraction decomposition.
Super fucking straightforward.
>>
>>57827297
an essential skill for computer engineers.

non computer engineers learning and doing mathematics by hand is the biggest fucking joke i have ever heard of.
>>
>>57828219
do it see how easy it is once you actually do it...i had to find a youtube video where they did it and it was tricky
>>
>>57827180
This.
>>
I love threads like this where everyone shit posts about how they're good at math. Yet any time someone posts a simple algebra problem requiring the most basic understanding of order of operations, you'll get at least 4 different answers.
>>
>>57826840

Wolfram Alpha
>>
Sure is butthurt in here.
>>
>>57828249
Not hard, just tedious.
>>
>tfw never had anything more advanced than limits
Pleb coming through, which is the best method to learn derivatives and integrals for someone who barely remembers algebra?
>>
Hey fags, unrelated note.
I am mechanical engineering major and my dynamics Professor let's us use our graphing calculator. You guys know any tips/programs I can use to get a leg up on the Asians?
>>
>>57829430
there are a few programs where people upload lists of formulas or equations
>>57829054
i don't even see it as shit posting they just feel very inadequate and i don't understand why i'm not trying to challenge them
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.