[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to spot the ISS? It's a pretty dumb question, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: iss_0002.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
iss_0002.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
How to spot the ISS?

It's a pretty dumb question, but I tried like 10 minutes ago as it should be visible for like 3mins. Used compas and this nasa website https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/ but I just couldnt spot it.

Also there is near no light here so light isn't the problem. I also waited 5 minutes so my eyes are being used to dark.
>>
>>57824553
IQ > 80
s
a
g
e
>>
>>57824570
Very helpfull you ass
>>
it's quite tiny and doesn't necessarily have to reflect sunlight at the time of viewing

also get some entry level telescope
>>
>>57824816
Thanks anon.
Yes I'm looking into a non newton telescope just for basic purpose (moon and iss, maybe saturn!)
>>
>>57825159
Do you want to shoot it down?
>>
>>57824553
ISIS can be spotted in Iraq or Syria.
>>
You want to try to catch it between 4 and 5 am. When its still dark out but the sun is just around the corner. When this is the case, the ISS is more visible due to reflections of light. At 12am-3am ish its usually too dark to get a good sight, lil bitch moves pretty quick too.
>>
>>57825820
No just see how it is and how lucky the fucking astronauts are :)
>>
>>57824553
that's the mediterranean on the bottom and the atlantic on the top, on the left is Morocco and on the right is Spain, and Portugal right above it.
>>
>>57826042
this. twilight hours are the best to find satellites
>>
>>57824553
here is an app, that
* tells you which star the ISS passes
* tells you how visible it will be
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.runar.issdetector&hl=de
>>
>>57826332
Already downloaded it after my "try" this evening, but thanks anon
>>
There's an app called Night Sky on ios that use your phones sensors (gyro, compass and gps) to help you find constellations and satellites. There are probably similar apps on Android.
>>
Visibility should be lower than - 1 or so for a good passage (the lower the better). These happen right before sunrise /after sunset and when the elevation is kinda high. There are many apps for android/ios that use the gyros and gps so even a retard can see it.

Btw check out iridiums, they only appear for a few seconds but can be much more visible than the ISS or any other body in the night (apart from the moon obviously)
>>
>>57824553

keep in mind any picture you see will be misleading
>>
>>57824553
ISS is a hoax man. You are trying to find something that is not exists. It is just a space dummy for gullible people like you, they act like they are advanced enough to build a space station, like what happened to fucking MIR. Claming a fallen meteor as MIR deorbit? Only stupid people will fall from that.
>>
>>57828019
What "really" happened to MIR?
>>
>>57825905
Kekt
>>
Watch Space Brothers anon.
>>
>>57828172
Not exists, that is what happened.
>>
>>57828019
It saddens me that there are people who honestly have this opinion.

>>57828207
I should rewatch that. It was so comfy. I feel like going to Tanegashima to watch a rocket launch but I am a long way away from there.
>>
>>57826097
aww
>>
>>57828252
>I should rewatch that
I have been doing so over the past few weeks, such a good anime.
>>
>>57828252
yeah, it saddens ME people would be so gullible like you, believeing everything the book, the internet, and the television says like they are some sort of absolute truth.
>>
>>57829004
Except you can see the ISS pass overhead. I've seen it several times over the years with my dad who is an astrophysicist and naturally interested in such things.
>>
>>57829004
I sincerely hope you commit suicide. We don't need anymore idiots in the world.
>>
>>57829023
yea, you can see a fucking space dummy alright you dumbfuck.

>>57829043
and stop samefagging
>>
>>57829004
>he believes that ISS exists? he must believe EVERYTHING he reads/sees on the internet, books and tv
I bet you still believe Pluto is a planet too.
>>
>>57829052
>he believes ISS exists
>he doesn't want to admit his gullibility
>>
>>57829052
>he lets niggers define planets for him
>>
File: 1479152268001.jpg (156KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1479152268001.jpg
156KB, 600x400px
>>57824553
I saw it several times. Just use the app and watch it when the brightness is high. Like below -4.
It looks similar to an airplane just a bit different. ;) Hard to describe.

Video related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGwTqG03pHM
>>
>>57828019
OK captain scientist.

This is me
> This is you

So where are astronauts hiding during their 6 months missions if there is no ISS?
> They don't go in the rocket and they hide on earth.
But what about livestreams launches where you can clearly see astronauts go into the spacecraft?
> It's fake, very few people are allowed to get close to the rocket before the launch, only highly trusted people so they don't tell anyone that there's no astronauts in the spacecraft.
Photoshop?

ps: you should read more books
>>
>>57824553
It just looks like a star but moving really fast.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.