[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

You have a GNU system with Linux and systemd Using systemd is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

You have a GNU system with Linux and systemd

Using systemd is a significant detail on the same level as the kernel choice of Linux

Remember Linux is only a small part of your complete GNU system

systemd betrays the Stallman religion by centralizing large portions of the system management

Those who learn using systemd don't truly understand a more core GNU + Linux environment

systemd is a collection of system management programs

Therefore I hereby recommend you now call it GNU plus Linux & systemd
>>
>>57823863
How about I call it useless
>>
File: screenFetch-2016-12-03_15-18-24.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenFetch-2016-12-03_15-18-24.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>57823863
i agree!!! systemD is the greatest evil to ever infiltrate the Linux distributions, i refuse to use it
>>
>>57823863
Grow a brain, OP.
Or as I've recently taken to calling (You), OP-brain.
>>
File: phelps face.jpg (19KB, 271x271px) Image search: [Google]
phelps face.jpg
19KB, 271x271px
>>57824197
screenshot -t or resize you're terminal.
>Tinfoil hat is cutting oxygen to brain.
>>
>>57823863
>You have a GNU system with Linux and systemd
>Using systemd is a significant detail on the same level as the kernel choice of Linux
>Remember Linux is only a small part of your complete GNU system
>systemd betrays the Stallman religion by centralizing large portions of the system management
>Those who learn using systemd don't truly understand a more core GNU + Linux environment
>systemd is a collection of system management programs
>Therefore I hereby recommend you now call it GNU plus Linux & systemd
I use Gentoo with openrc, I previously used Arch with systemd and I can't I prefer one init system over the other all too much as far as usability and comfort goes. That being said if I had to pick one based on personal opinion I would go with openrc simply because it is more in line with the Unix philosophy of many small programms handling individual tasks.
>>
>>57823863
>systemd betrays the Stallman religion by centralizing large portions of the system management
What's own Stallman's opinion on systemd?
Did anyone mail him the question?
>>
>>57825711
>Unix philosophy
The "philosophy" that betrayed by bell labs itself with plan9. We aren't on pdp11 anymore.
>>
>>57826068
I like the idea even if it has been tarnished
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.