[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any high end laptop that doesn't suck in one way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: DGgggSab4MBp42qcDdi4pn.jpg (76KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
DGgggSab4MBp42qcDdi4pn.jpg
76KB, 709x765px
Seriously, what laptop should one buy if you want something that's actually good nowadays? The Macbook Pro is overpriced and underspecced but MacOS is the best OS for laptops, the Dell XPS line is a meme, the Razer Blade looks like a solid choice but is gaudy and obnoxious, the Microsoft Surface Book looks like the best choice with the 2 in 1 mechanism and 3:2 screen but that's also expensive as shit if you want any decent configuration. It's also pretty heavy but I don't really care about a laptop being as thin and light as possible as long as it's under 4 pounds and has specs and thermals that makes it worth lugging the extra weight around.

What else is even worth looking at? Should I just wait until next year when more Kaby Lake laptops are starting to come out?
>>
The good high end laptops are the business ones, like the thinkpad or dell inspiron

The problem is that you're looking for gaming laptops
>>
>>57818462
>Macbook Pro
>Dell XPS
>Surface Book
>Gaming laptops

You what m8

I'm using an X230 right now and I want a 2 in 1 laptop, the only one that's worth getting is the X1 Yoga. The i5 3320m CPU I have in this has the same CPU benchmarks as the i5 Skylake CPUs in the new Thinkpads.
>>
>>57818460
VAIO Z Canvas
>>
>>57818460
ThinkPad X62 mod is a good substitute if you don't want to wait for the Retro ThinkPad Time Machine. There's always the VAIO Z.
>>57818462
>business
>Inspiron
Maybe small business, but I think you mean Latitude although Inspirons have been improving.
>>
>dell XPS is a meme
Give me a good argument in 10 seconds
>>
>>57819231
>Muh thin and light
>Muh bezelless screen
>>
Xiaomi Notebook air 13.3"
Hate repeating myself but it's worth repeating. Laptop of the year. Check it.
>>
>>57819329
Aren't disadvantages, ignored.
>>
>>57819431
You asked about memes, not disadvantages

>>57819370
Oh yeah, forgot about that one. The screen is what I'm the most concerned about but a full HD IPS panel with 95% sRGB looks great for that price point.
>>
Lenovo Thinkpads. I'm saving up for a Thinkpad Yoga
>>
>>57819568
I was looking at the Yoga 710 but I got the X230 instead which is much cheaper and has the same CPU benchmarks.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.