[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if I buy the pixel phone from verizon, do I have to wait on verizon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: sailfish-black-en_US.png (508KB, 618x610px) Image search: [Google]
sailfish-black-en_US.png
508KB, 618x610px
if I buy the pixel phone from verizon, do I have to wait on verizon to push the update, or will I get the updates straight from google?
>>
Google forces carriers to agree to not tamper with or skin or intercept the updates of Google phones in order to be allowed to sell them.

You'll get the updates straight from Google.
>>
>>57815400
i dunno
>>
>>57815421
I have a Pixel XL purchased from Google and the first update I received did some AT&T-specific crap (disabled tethering, for one thing).
>>
>>57815448
Then it was something AT&T requested that Google add. Stock android has many carrier-specific things that Google adds for carriers.
>>
>>57815421
ok thanks, but that's not how it used to be, member verizon always dragging their feet on updates or maybe that was a different android phone?
>>
>>57815400
Buy from Verizon, you'll have to wait for Verizon to push an update. Buy from Google, you'll get it straight from Google.
>>
>>57815421
That's Apple. VZW puts small amounts of bloatware on the Pixel (+ XL) and every Android update has to go through VZW's process before airing.
>>
>>57817992
I read somewhere, I think, that the updates will come straight from Google but the bootloader is locked. So on updates you should be fine, but I'd check /r/GooglePixel just to sure and get sources.
>>
File: charitable_chief.jpg (105KB, 649x607px) Image search: [Google]
charitable_chief.jpg
105KB, 649x607px
>>57815400
>Getting the SJWgle Botnetxel
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.