[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /g/ think about SoloLearn? Is it effective for beginner-teir

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Sololearn.jpg (29KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sololearn.jpg
29KB, 1280x720px
What does /g/ think about SoloLearn?
Is it effective for beginner-teir programmers?
>>
>>57812180
Rewrite the Linux kernel in assembly
>>
>>57812180
K&R + SICP
>>
I'm using it just to keep my mind busy while I'm in my commute. It's pretty good actually, and this is coming from someone who already knows how to program. Definitely not enough to get you started, but it's fine to give you a general idea of what programming is about.

Best way to learn programming is to actually get hands-on with it. Pick a language and start writing. Python is great for beginners, download the interpreter and search for "learn Python the hard way".
>>
>>57814909
Can someone tell me what programs i need to use to learn python in 2016? And is windows fine or do i need a gnu-linux os? Any plug-ins for said program as well. Many beginners guides for any language are either years old or poorly made. I havent much to offer in return for this, but any relatively simple photoshop (faceswaps, small alterations, corrections to flaws, even nudeshops altho will need to do it outside this board) from the person who gives a good answer. Ill do a few if several people give answers
>>
>>57817240
Learn Python The Hard Way is one of the best programming books for bare beginners.

To start with Python all you really need is the Python interpreter (just Google "Python", go to their official website and download it) and a text editor. This can be Windows' Notepad if you want. I do recommend Notepad++ or Sublime Text 3 (which says it's paid but it's a WinRAR type of thing where it'll nag you occasionally to buy a license) because those highlight keywords in the language which is useful.
>>
>>57817240
Windos is fine for python programming, Linux is easier and it's better integrated for programming tasks, but Windows is fine.

What you need is

- Download Python
- Get a text editor (notepad, vim, emacs, atom or sublimetext [which I use] or something)

that's it... You can also get a IDE like pycharm's free community edition if you want a IDE.

On windows, open cmd, go to where you keep your .py files and then run the files with "python -m filename.py" and use the text editor to change it.

>>57818674
>Sublime Text 3 (which says it's paid but it's a WinRAR type of thing where it'll nag you occasionally to buy a license)

Which should be paid for when sublimetext earns you money because it's a great text editor.
>>
>>57814909
this
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.