[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got rid of uMatrix since uBlock provides 90% exactly the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: ublock.png (61KB, 1456x367px) Image search: [Google]
ublock.png
61KB, 1456x367px
I just got rid of uMatrix since uBlock provides 90% exactly the same functionality.

Check the "I am an advanced user" box on the settings page. Then check the two dark red boxes from the uBlock icon menu shown in the screenshot. This blocks the majority of the 3rd party content you don't want.

If you want to have most websites partially broken until you selectively allow certain 3rd party sites, then check the dark red box for 3rd party. Now you have a setup nearly identical to a standard uMatrix setup.

If you want fine grain control over what exactly the 3rd party site is allowed to deliver outside of scripts and frames, now you would want uMatrix. I was generally figuring out which 3rd party site was necessary and greenlighting the whole site instead of going piece by piece. uBlock offers that, so it's enough for me.

If you click the + next to all you can see the subdomains that make up each primary domain.

Next to each domain the +'s and -'s let you know there were items allowed and blocked on each domain.
+ 1-9 items
++ 10-99 items and so on
>>
>If you want fine grain control over what exactly the 3rd party site is allowed to deliver outside of scripts and frames, now you would want uMatrix

Well... duh?
>>
>>57812038
I'm glad you were already aware ublock was umatrix-lite.
>>
>>57812103
They actually work in different ways but they provide very similar functionality. Theoretically ublock can do everything umatrix can do it's just way less convenient overall.

I still don't know why gorhill split them into separate extensions.
>>
>>57812268
That would be an interesting idea to combine them. Have an "I'm a pro user" checkbox that opens up the full umatrix interface.
>>
>>57812381
They use a lot of the same code. They're both derived from Gorhill's first extension httpswitchboard which was essentially the functionality of both combined into one addon.

https://github.com/gorhill/httpswitchboard
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.