[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw gaymes stops your from ultimately superior linux experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1453398498328533880.gif (1MB, 502x839px) Image search: [Google]
1453398498328533880.gif
1MB, 502x839px
>tfw gaymes stops your from ultimately superior linux experience
Should i fall for dualboot meme?
>>
Fall for the suicide meme instead.
>>
>what is wine
>what is steam on linux
>>
>>57803232
>what is shit framerate
>>
>>57803248
>what is competence
>>
>>57803219
>gaymes is the only reason to not change to linux not the chance of stuff stopping to work after an update
>>
File: 1468745093711.jpg (21KB, 320x334px) Image search: [Google]
1468745093711.jpg
21KB, 320x334px
>>57803270
how about you use a distro that just werks?
>>
>>57803270
>T.arch user
OP install the best distro - Solus
>>
>>57803226
/thread
>>
>>57803294
b...but it is not the distro that broke it is the DE
>>
I just don't play games anymore.
>>
>>57803219
If you dual boot then you will just end up using Linux all the time and forget about your gaymen. Don't do it! I fell for the dual boot meme thinking that I would use windows for games, but I almost never used windows until work forced me.
>>
not gonna lie i've never been a big "gamer" but I do enjoy video games, ran into my first Gayme Wall in Linux today because I decided I wanted to play Duke 3D again

eduke32 has a linux version and I spent around an hour trying to figure out how to even install it and just gave up.

>>57803232
>steam
Steam wants 19.99(really?) for Duke3D... and afaik you have to be online to play it (i could be wrong)
>>
>>57803219
don't play shitty games
>>
>Dualboot
>Not GPU passtrough
>>
>>57803341

There's a thread on /t/ for linux games. I think it still has links for duke3d, shadow warrior, and more importantly: Blood. Also doom1/2, factorio, infinifactory, a bunch of old rpgs and shit, unreal tournaments, spacechem, risk of rain, alpha centauri, etc.

All the GOG games install VERY easily. Literally just run the .sh and you're done.
>>
File: p1.jpg (542KB, 1000x998px) Image search: [Google]
p1.jpg
542KB, 1000x998px
>>57803388
>Blood

hell yeah. you know I'm 33 and the last time I was on top of PC Gaming was this era. I had the Pentium 233 mhz with MMX technology and could run these games in super high 800x600 resolution

I did get doom 1 and 2 running after I gave up on Duke though

ty for the advice will look into it
>>
you should fall for the growing up meme

you all seem to think we're joking, but we're not. when you have a job and are supporting yourself/independent, the last thing on your mind is "I gotta get home and play video games RIGHT now!!!!11!!!"
>>
>>57803576
you are right the thing on your mind is "fuck this job i want to go home to relax"
>>
If you want to play some games, but not all the time, better off just using GPU passthrough.

You'll need at least a recent-ish (5 years ago) i5 or higher.
IOMMU support, be sure to google your BOARD AND CPU.

Then you just set up your Winders XP/7/10 VM, pass your GPU to it.
It sounds hard, but it is about as painful as setting up any standard dualboot, so not much if you know what you are doing.
The biggest issue might be dealing with some weird issues of your motherboards BIOS.
There's loads of guides for various host and guest OSes.

Of course, biggest issue will be if you don't have support for hardware passthrough to allow said access from VMs. That then becomes a cost issue, which you can either go through with to play more recent games and get away from some nasty hardware exploits that affect all OSes, or just go with your original dualboot idea.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.