[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there an alternative with better analog output sound to yamaha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Scarlett-2i2-Review-560x301.jpg (24KB, 560x301px) Image search: [Google]
Scarlett-2i2-Review-560x301.jpg
24KB, 560x301px
is there an alternative with better analog output sound to yamaha studio monitors? I need only 2 xlr outs
anyone had any experience with scarlett 2i2 2nd gen?
>>
also forgot to add that good windows 10 drivers are essential
>>
>>57794371
I don't use windows so can't comment on that but there are no doubt better alternatives, letting us know your budget would help.

Also you know the scarlett only has XLR in right?
>>
>>57795705
$200
yes I'm retarded I meant TRS aka jack
>>
>>57796245
look into lepai
>>
The 2i2 is pretty great. A friend of mine has one, outputting to a pair of Rokit 5s. You can't go wrong with it.
>>
>>57796652
that's what I keep reading everywhere
>>
I have the 2i2 and i am loving it. Mostly bought it for the xlr inputs tho.
>>
>>57797599
>>57796652
how are the drivers?
also this might be retarded question but since it's an external device would sound playback cracks or be affected in any other way if say I'm rendering a video and CPU usage is 99% on all cores and listening to music at the same time
>>
>>57794371
I bought one specifically to hook into my computer and to listen to my LSR308s. Fantastic build quality, super quiet preamps, and if you want to get into sound production the box actually comes with some pretty good software.

Mine is hooked up to Windows 10 and the drivers haven't given me any issues yet.
>>
>>57797628
You can actually set the buffer size through the drivers, so that helps if you do get unwanted crackling/popping.

But I have tested my overclock with Prime95 while listening to music and I didn't get any crackles.

The headphone preamp isn't the best though, it definitely works but if you NEED one I'd go with the 6i6 (which I've heard has the good preamp)

But everything else is absolutely great, you can't go wrong with this thing.
>>
>>57794371
http://www.head-fi.org/t/745519/dacs-with-multiple-xlr-outputs
>>
>>57797657
interesting. why does everyone seem to recommenced 2i4 over 2i2? I'm only interested in stereo output so I guess it's irrelevant to sound quality, just more ins/outs
>>57797694
nah I'm literally buying one to NOT use headphones. maybe "shitty" ones from time to time (MDR-7509)
thanks for your input
>>57797709
literally reading it
>>
>>57797709
Not a whole lot of useful info there
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.