[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for any vidya nerd Currently AM3 socket and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1408060435361.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1408060435361.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
Question for any vidya nerd

Currently AM3 socket and I'm looking to upgrade. The best CPU this mobo supports is 1100T 6 core which scores ~8400 on Fire Strike physics. For roughly the same price is the FX-8350 which scores ~9300 on Fire Strike physics but I'd need to buy a new motherboard. So basically is ~900 difference between the two worth the additional money it would cost to get a new motherboard. This computer is only used for gaming.
>>
>>57792714
Get an intel or wait for Zen

/thread
>>
>>57792790
I checked the i3-6100 but it scores ~7000 in Fire Strike physics which is lower than the 1100T and FX-8350.
>>
>>57792790
Is there an intel CPU for less or equal price to the FX-8350 but scores same or better in Fire Strike physics?
>>
>>57792849
Matter of fact is, Am3+, which is the platform that fx-8350 is on, is dead. No new cpus will be made for that.

So current am3+ cpus are as good as it gets, and the i3-6100 trades blows with the fx-8350 in most games, if you look at GTA5 or Witcher, for example.

i3-6100 offers you upgradability with cpus like i5 6500 or i7 6700k
>>
>>57792921
Good point.
>>
>>57792899
Why is synthetical benchmark perfomance in firestrike so important to you? Look actual game benchmarks up, the am3+ is a waste of money if you buy the motherboard now without getting an insane deal on it, since Zen will launch somewhere around January or so, and Skylake smashes the am3+ platform
>>
Zen announcement is literally in two weeks. Just wait.
>>
>>57792714
Buying a 1100T to hold you over for another product cycle or two isn't the worst idea. Don't get an FX-8350 though, AM3+ is a dead socket. I would hesitate to suggest the i3 6100 either, with the i3 7350K right around the corner.
>>
>>57792955
Just a simple way to compare cards really. I will admit the actual gaming benchmarks for i3 6100 are very nice for the price. I'll definitely keep my eyes open for a good sale on that.
>>
>>57794070
I definitely won't be getting the FX-8350 + new motherboard since you guys have told me that is a poor investment. So if I can find a decently priced 1100T I'll get that for now although with zen coming I'm sure prices on Intel CPUs will change.
>>
>>57792714

>Fire Strike
Synthetic Benchmark Memes pls go.
What about games you like to play?

I had an 1100T & R9 290X
I upgraded it to a 4790k Intel CPU and board.

It was a bit more but games like Arkham Knight (BadPort) and MGSV became a lot smoother (Actually MGSV Uses the latest CPU Extensions that 1100T doesn't have).

The 1100T is old. Real old. Try to save up and get a good intel or amd chip. for AMD Wait for Zen. If you wanna avoid not buying ram, get a 4xxx Intel i5\i7.

I'm a fan of splurging on a CPU because it's the shittiest component to upgrade because everything has to be new. i'd rather buy something that'll last me and i won't have to upgrade for a while in general.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.